Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, CYSMM said:

What are her top 10 remixes?

Remixes appearing in her Top 100 most streamed tracks:

9 – Frozen (Sickick Remix) (141,189,490)

21 – Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott) [The Blessed Madonna Remix] (55,500,682)

65 – Girl Gone Wild (Avicii's UMF Mix) - 2022 Remaster (16,188,051)

69 – Frozen (feat. 070 Shake) (15,115,310)

72 – Revolver – Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix (14,494,406)

73 – BREAK MY SOUL - THE QUEENS REMIX* (14,382,300)

74 – Frozen - Fireboy DML Remix (14,056,523)

77 – Sorry (Blond:sh Remix) (12,946,483)

78 – Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. LMFAO & Nicki Minaj) [Party Rock Remix] - 2022 Remaster (12,669,262)

90 – La Isla Bonita - Extended Remix (10,558,049)

95 – Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit) - 2022 Remaster (9,822,437)

This b**ch has lots of new big peaks today:

- "Popular": 180M

- "Material Girl" ("Celebration" Version): 365M

- "La Isla Bonita": 307M

- "Frozen" ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 72M

- "Faz Gostoso": 44M

- "Vulgar": 17M

- "Cherish" ("Celebration" Version): 15M

- "Sorry" (BLOND:ISH Original Remix): 13M

All-time Top 40 updated:

- Updated All Time Top 40 (Official, not merged):

01. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 365M

02. Hung Up: 346M

03. La Isla Bonita: 307M

04. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 287M

05. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 249M

06. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 239M

07. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 198M

08. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 180M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 141M

10. Papa Don't Preach: 111M

11. Crazy For You: 110M

12. Into The Groove: 105M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 92M

14. Bitch I'm Madonna: 92M

15. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 92M

16. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 74M

17. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 72M

18. Music: 71M

19. Medellín: 68M

20. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 57M

21. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 55M

22. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 53M

23. Take A Bow: 50M

24. American Pie: 50M

25. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 49M

26. Live To Tell: 48M

27. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 48M

28. Girl Gone Wild: 47M

29. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 45M

30. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 44M

31. Faz Gostoso: 44M

32. True Blue: 43M

33. Give It 2 Me: 42M

34. The Power Of Good-Bye: 42M

35. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 38M

36. Die Another Day: 37M

37. Jump: 37M

38. Ghosttown: 36M

39. Living For Love: 35M

40. Give Me All Your Luvin': 35M

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

At this daily rate it will pass "Vogue" in a couple of weeks...

Again, I mixed in how this song is possibly going to soar to being among her most streamed songs by the end of the year.  The power of "the Weeknd".  I'm just hoping this feat will help her own catalog in the long run, if not help propel a future NEW solo release from her.

13 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Again, I mixed in how this song is possibly going to soar to being among her most streamed songs by the end of the year.  The power of "the Weeknd".  I'm just hoping this feat will help her own catalog in the long run, if not help propel a future NEW solo release from her.

Not only of hers, but one of the most streamed songs released this year. For comparison, other recent smash songs released around the same time are: "Dance The Night" (Dua Lipa), 251M; "Barbie World" (Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice With Aqua), 184M; "What Was I Made For?" (Billie Eilish), 177M.

All those three with the massive support of a giant blockbuster movie, being talked about literally everywhere for weeks.

The fact that "Popular" is already at 180M with no huge marketing push (actually the attachment to "The Idol" could have been bad instead of good, given the reviews), no music video, no hype, no memes ("Padam" situation, not shade at all to Kylie)... is impressive. Seems like the general public really likes the song.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not only of hers, but one of the most streamed songs released this year. For comparison, other recent smash songs released around the same time are: "Dance The Night" (Dua Lipa), 251M; "Barbie World" (Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice With Aqua), 184M; "What Was I Made For?" (Billie Eilish), 177M.

All those three with the massive support of a giant blockbuster movie, being talked about literally everywhere for weeks.

The fact that "Popular" is already at 180M with no huge marketing push (actually the attachment to "The Idol" could have been bad instead of good, given the reviews), no music video, no hype, no memes ("Padam" situation, not shade at all to Kylie)... is impressive. Seems like the general public really likes the song.

It's almost like Madonna needs to tie a new song to a popular/talked about film.  It seems whether it's part of a flop or not, doesn't matter in many cases.  Just look at "Popular", while it's somehow tied to the Weeknd's heavily panned Idol, it's quite successful, even when it never was featured in the series.  I suspect that it's more to do with it being a Weeknd song, being he's a a very popular artist right now.

Anyway, I would love to see Madonna tied to a popular soundtrack in the near future, with her song being the stand out.  Probably an unrealistic dream of mine, but her soundtrack songs are always so great.

18 minutes ago, McDonna said:

It's almost like Madonna needs to tie a new song to a popular/talked about film.  It seems whether it's part of a flop or not, doesn't matter in many cases.  Just look at "Popular", while it's somehow tied to the Weeknd's heavily panned Idol, it's quite successful, even when it never was featured in the series.  I suspect that it's more to do with it being a Weeknd song, being he's a a very popular artist right now.

Anyway, I would love to see Madonna tied to a popular soundtrack in the near future, with her song being the stand out.  Probably an unrealistic dream of mine, but her soundtrack songs are always so great.

Of course The Wekeend being the #1 most streamed artist in the world helps. Also, the song definitely having "help" from his label in terms of playlisting and radios.

But "Popular" is, by far, the most successful song from "The Idol" project and his second most streamed song released this year, only after "Die For You - Remix" with Ariana Grande (released in February, 568M total currently).

That means people like "Popular". There's an obvious organic part involved.

11 minutes ago, f78k said:

That song deserves so much more…

That's one of the bad things about the streaming era IMO. The less commercial bodies of work keep buried under the most commercial projects. It also happened with physical media, of course, people knew which ones were less successful, but now we see the numbers as soon as we enter the album and it's a mind trick in the end. If you're a casual listener and/or discovering her old work and choosing an album, seeing "Erotica" and "American Life" album numbers is not gonna help you to want to listen to them, you'll probably pick any other of hers with better figures.

While I like checking her Spotify stats for fun and also to see how she's performing, I also hate that numbers are so, so important now.

At least on Apple Music they don't show figures publicly, they just mark with a star symbol the most popular tracks on each album.