Opening night in Vancouver

Blue Jean

I'm going. Hotels are INSANE. I'm flying in Thursday morning and leaving Sunday....wasn't prepared to drop four figures on hotels. Ended up finding an AirBnb with a private entrance for 300 total, so we'll see how that goes.

I haven't bought my return flight, just in the very unlikely event opening night moves to Seattle....though I doubt it at this point.

@Neil -- I want to meet you! I've been on tribe too for years. You do an amazing job over there.

3 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I'm going. Hotels are INSANE. I'm flying in Thursday morning and leaving Sunday....wasn't prepared to drop four figures on hotels. Ended up finding an AirBnb with a private entrance for 300 total, so we'll see how that goes.

I haven't bought my return flight, just in the very unlikely event opening night moves to Seattle....though I doubt it at this point.

@Neil -- I want to meet you! I've been on tribe too for years. You do an amazing job over there.

Its nice "just" being a member here and not having to wave my Mod Stick around!

Would love to say hi - I'm doing the first 4 shows at the moment then back for all the August shows; drop me a DM via instagram! There's some fans arranging pre show and post show parties in Seattle too - listed on the Tribers Locator.

Ive got Debbie Gibson a couple of days before Vancouver and *god forbid* opening night moves I'll zip over to NY and see Belinda Carlisle a couple of times. 

As I said on Tribe - the opening night of Madame X moved because Livenation failed to realise that it would take longer to load into theatres - that's why a number of opening nights were changed on that tour, so we don't have that to contend with this time..

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Its nice "just" being a member here and not having to wave my Mod Stick around!

Would love to say hi - I'm doing the first 4 shows at the moment then back for all the August shows; drop me a DM via instagram! There's some fans arranging pre show and post show parties in Seattle too - listed on the Tribers Locator.

Ive got Debbie Gibson a couple of days before Vancouver and *god forbid* opening night moves I'll zip over to NY and see Belinda Carlisle a couple of times. 

As I said on Tribe - the opening night of Madame X moved because Livenation failed to realise that it would take longer to load into theatres - that's why a number of opening nights were changed on that tour, so we don't have that to contend with this time..

Messaged you! Debbie is doing DC Pride this weekend...I take it she's worth checking out?

Back on topic, does anyone know why Rebel Heart was moved? I've always speculated the concept of that show changed in the middle of rehearsals.

29 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Messaged you! Debbie is doing DC Pride this weekend...I take it she's worth checking out?

Back on topic, does anyone know why Rebel Heart was moved? I've always speculated the concept of that show changed in the middle of rehearsals.

Ive never seen her before - proper bucket list for me to see her for the first time!

My best friend lives in San Fran so I'm flying into see him before M starts and Debbie's playing up the road!

Rebel Heart - I honestly have never heard the reason from a credible source. Would love to know - some things you just don't ask the team :lol:

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Ive never seen her before - proper bucket list for me to see her for the first time!

My best friend lives in San Fran so I'm flying into see him before M starts and Debbie's playing up the road!

Rebel Heart - I honestly have never heard the reason from a credible source. Would love to know - some things you just don't ask the team :lol:

Hot take on Rebel Heart, but here goes...

My theory has always been that there were major budget cuts for that show based on the much slower than usual sales. That would explain a lot of graphics being reused, the videos we know she was filming that weren't used (e.g., S.E.X.), the delay of opening night "due to production", the lack of certain songs (Hold Tight drums), lack of choreography in places, etc.

It's the first time a show of her's felt a little...."clunky". It didn't seem like there was a cohesive arc to it like her other shows.

I'd love to know whether this is accurate. There's no other tour of her's that I'm more interested in knowing what the original concept through final show progression looked like.

Oh I don’t I know Ryan… I think RHT was far less clunky than MDNA. RHT to me felt like a strong concept followed through with clear direction. It was a different show, but it didn’t necessarily feel the victim of budget cuts, I feel it just represented her current position as a performer and where she wanted to go with her tour.