Madonna’s BEST interview?

Ayham

On 7/19/2023 at 7:36 PM, Pootz333 said:

Now let's do the "I Want You" video. Is it all hers? A full hat? Or a mid fall that they worked her real hair into the front? Tonight at 11....

Obviously her real hair and one of the first times she followed a current trend and used the ‘Rachel’ hairstyle.

It’s always obvious when she is wearing a wig or extensions.

There will always be something ‘off’ with the look.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:47 PM, Pootz333 said:

"Madonna Squared?" She looks gorgeous but what a kiki with Camille and the ending.

This Camile interview was done on the same day that she did many other press interviews sporting her newly dyed long dark hair.  It was September 1998!  One of those interviews she did was with ET (see below which documents the September date by mentioning the upcoming VMAS that same week).  As you can see, it's all from the same day and she's wearing the same outfit and sporting the same hair do.  It's a great interview. She talks about so much, including the death of Princess Diana, motherhood and also giving a sneak peak of filming of The Power of Goodbye video.

8 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Definitely a wig in that interview I said was a wig.

Definitely not a wig on Larry King or the NRM video.

Her hair wasn’t that long during the POG. It could be a few extensions tucked in which makes it look bad cuz her hair around that time did not look like it did in that interview on the POG set.

I think it’s the same. That interview would have been done during the shoot of TPOG. You can see when ET interviewed her on the shoot the background and outfit is identical.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think it’s the same. That interview would have been done during the shoot of TPOG. You can see when ET interviewed her on the shoot the background and outfit is identical.

Yes, there it looks normal and 100% her hair.

In the interviews, there is something off or her hair is jest messed up and looks fake.

In that clip you posted it isn’t identical to the other interview.

Most of it’s the same, but the extensions here and there are messed up and look off.

She did the MTV awards not long after and her wasn’t this long and it was straight so it would look even longer than the interview where I think it looks off.

We can drop the subject now. 99% is her real hair, the other 1% could very well be hers, too. It just looks weird to me in spots in those other interviews. :party:

12 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Obviously her real hair and one of the first times she followed a current trend and used the ‘Rachel’ hairstyle.

It’s always obvious when she is wearing a wig or extensions.

There will always be something ‘off’ with the look.

Unsolved Mysteries GIF by FILMRISE

And here we go again. I always thought it was her real hair until a few years ago someone told me it was a fall/ half wig in the back/on top worked into her real hair in the front. But there are several other occasions in 1995 where it's basically the same length and style and clearly her real hair. Oh dear....

@Pootz333In 1998, It is her real hair.  When she went on the VMA's later that week, it was just as long.  The difference, she had it was much straighter.  She wasn't wearing a wig or any sort of extensions in the interview. It just had a bit more body in it.  Here's the VMA's from later in the week and you can see it's the same hair.

That week, MTV aired a commercial for the awards show starring Madonna and Ben Stiller with the same hair style:

11 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Unsolved Mysteries GIF by FILMRISE

And here we go again. I always thought it was her real hair until a few years ago someone told me it was a fall/ half wig in the back/on top worked into her real hair in the front. But there are several other occasions in 1995 where it's basically the same length and style and clearly her real hair. Oh dear....

Yea, in the POG video and on set interviews, it is most likely all of her hair, but in that one particular interview there is just something off.

If you watch her at the MTV VMA’s around the same time, you will see that her real hair is longish and straight, and would be even longer if those curled pieces in that interview were straightened, but that POG interview filmed a bit earlier she has some hair that is curled and just doesn’t look like it did at the VMA’s.

I think most is her real hair with some obvious extensions that just curl out weird. At least in that linked interview.

The richness of her vocabulary, her intelligent and complex answers and her extensive knowledge on various subjects make Madonna the benchmark for many artists when it comes to interviews. That is why it is very difficult for me to choose the best Madonna interview. I personally choose the Rebel Heart era as the best of all: class, elegance and sophistication at its best in each of her interviews.

As I said before, it is difficult for me to choose the best interview. It is easier for me to point out one of her worst interviews conducted by a Latin American MTV presenter who, seized with nerves at being before a personified Goddess, forgot what she had to ask, making Madonna spend some totally uncomfortable moments.

If I had been Madonna I would have stood up and left the interview because for me it was disrespectful that Mtv sent someone with no personality and a low level of English to interview her asking her silly and meaningless questions. But Madonna, as a good professional, decided to stay until the end, although her discomfort was quite evident.

The lack of professionalism of this "interviewer" becomes more evident at minute 01:16.

On 7/17/2023 at 12:21 PM, tscott said:

The 2015 Howard Stern Interview is the best. No other person interviewing ever has gotten so in-depth and personal about her life and career.

Hear the interview:

D/L The complete video of the interview (courtesy of @Je Suis Lart)

Thank you so so much! I haven't seen it posted before so props to you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved that one she did with that Brazilian interviewer while on the bathroom floor, right after an MDNA show.

Her guard was down in a way we rarely see, likely due to her exhaustion but also because she felt so comfortable with him.

I wasn't able to find it on YouTube but I know it's out there.

2 hours ago, Mden said:

Very relaxed and a real pro how she handled  the questions.

Most definitely.  I loved how poised and reserved she was.  She knew that she had to be on her best behavior and play to demographic here.  It really shows her professionalism and how appreciative she was for an opportunity to play the Half-Time show.  She won a lot of Americans over with the whole Half-Time performance, especially many who may never been a fan of hers. She knew this is one time she wanted everything to go right.  Of course, the show still met some controversy with M.I.A.'s 'flipping the bird', but considering Madonna's controversial record, what M.I.A did was nothing.

3 hours ago, Fidel Castro said:

I always liked this one, the interviewer comes across like a total dolt and Madonna's intelligence really shines through.

It's interesting and cool how people can interpret one thing in different ways.

I think the interviewer knew what she was doing and managed to get something extra special out of 1987 Madonna.

I didn't find the interviewer stupid at all and think M appreciated the layers in her questions.

7 hours ago, Fidel Castro said:

I always liked this one, the interviewer comes across like a total dolt and Madonna's intelligence really shines through.

I'd hardly call Jane Pauley a "dolt".  We have to keep in mind, Madonna is good at manipulating any situation. Jane obviously knew Madonna may be a hard interview.  Also, it was a lengthy conversation, so there is a lot there that probably could have been edited out.  In fact, I don't believe the whole interview aired all at the same time. I believe it was cut in parts when it first aired.  You could also feel an air of tension during a lot of the interview because some of the questions, while willing to answer, took time to answer them, unlike a lot of people who do interviews.  That is what is usually unique about Madonna's interviews.  She is very thoughtful in what she says.  She's careful not to share too much, and still try to keep things a mystery.

What really was evident in this interview, she comes off a bit flirtatious throughout it. As long as I remember, she's always been this way, but Jane may also felt a bit uneasy because of that as well, along with the fact, Madonna is very quick to shut down or re-iterate anything that she may not be comfortable in sharing or feel can be misinterpreted. 

Over all, it's a great interview. I can understand why Jane may feel Madonna was 'cold' in some spots.  Madonna is quite direct and again not quick to answer a question without thinking first. 

19 hours ago, Michael_Py said:

My favorites were already posted:

Nightline abc News 1990

Primetime 1995 

And also this one with Ray Martin during Bedtime era, when she is vulnerable she is so sincere, so rare:

I don't believe I've seen this interview in its entirety.  Thank you for sharing.  I love these more in-depth interviews.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:21 PM, McDonna said:

The 2015 Howard Stern Interview is the best. No other person interviewing ever has gotten so in-depth and personal about her life and career.

Hear the interview:

D/L The complete video of the interview (courtesy of @Je Suis Lart)

Trying to go through each interview day by day… this one is really cool one. Actually I never listened to it entirely. 👍🏼