Why so few pro filmed concerts from DWT or Confessions Tour?

BlackPanther89

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther89 said:

It's odd to me why there is so few pro filmed concerts from both these tours. Blonde Ambition has a couple of leaked concerts, so does Girlie Show, but Drowned and Confessions only have the DVD. Were all the concerts from these tours filmed?

most likely a change in the marketing strategy for the concert release. In the early 90's different concerts were filmed for broadcast in different markets. With more recent tours, one network had exclusive rights.

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not as a pro shoot, other than what is shown on the screens

What's shown on the screens is a pro shoot made with professional cameras.

The difference you're trying to make is commercialy releasable / not commercially releasable.

The live feeds are done professionaly but with no intentions of being released in any format, just to be watched by that night audience and then storaged in the archive. When a show is intended to be filmed and released, another profesional production scheme is used. Both are professional.

9 hours ago, BlackPanther89 said:

It's odd to me why there is so few pro filmed concerts from both these tours. Blonde Ambition has a couple of leaked concerts, so does Girlie Show, but Drowned and Confessions only have the DVD. Were all the concerts from these tours filmed?

I believe it was because of the change of management. I have read the idea to have different versions for different regions came from Freddy.

Japan was especially important with this because the Japanese were more likely to watch/buy something filmed in their home country.

Freddy left in 1997.

The only reason we got different versions of some later tours was because of leaks.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:15 PM, BlackPanther89 said:

Professional gear was very expensive back then and quite heavy, not easy to conceal. 

The only good quality material is the official footage, and most of the rest hasn't leaked.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, wtg1987 said:

Wasn’t there DWT pro shot footage on the Detroit HBO pre show ? I have no idea what venue it was from though ? We all know HBO do film at least one show before they do a live set up ( presumably for test cinematography that M can decide on ) 

Barcelona.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

I think so too. Or it could be Paris. I am pretty sure some fans have one of these European shows in full.

Believe me, it is undoubtably Barcelona. I think there was also a rumour it was short in High Def which is unusual as it was broadcast in 4:3.  Did you know BAT Yokohama was also shot in early digital HD but never presented as such?