Your Latest Madonna Conversation?

Donna

1992+This+Used+To+Be+My+Playground+Video

If you choose to share,  what is your latest Madonna conversation, whether it is with friends, family, or acquaintances?  

Recently, I went to lunch with some co-workers. They knew I was planning to attend a Madonna concert this summer.  Unfortunately, it was postponed, but no one at the table knew of this, nor that she was ill.  Three individuals who were at lunch with me, said they would love to attend a Madonna concert, yet none of them knew she was touring.  LOL!  

Totally unrelated to the lunch I had, I had bumped into a couple customers while grocery shopping this past week.  "This Used to Be My Playground" was playing on the speakers in the store.  I over heard this couple who looked to be in their late 40's, talking about Madonna. I purposely said while passing by them, "C'mon Vogue!" to be funny and they shrieked.  It turns out; both are big fans of Madonna and knew of "Vulgar" and "Popular".  I was astonished as they went on about how great she was and mentioned how the public and media are too negative about her.  Both stated, they attended the Re-Invention Tour and Confessions Tour.  They were aware she was sick and postponed her tour.  Though neither had yet planned to attend The Celebration Tour.

I'm always fascinated to bump into people who enjoy Madonna.  It's a rare occasion and you?

One of the last conversations I had was with one of my best friends after Madonna’s Grammy appearance. She thought Madonna looked really freaky and weird. She was worried I’d be offended but I wasn’t because I thought Madonna looked weird and freaky too especially with her HAIR in round braids. Eeek. I still think that had to be Madonna’s strangest hair. I’m glad (and pray) she’s moved on from it. Lol

23 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

One of the last conversations I had was with one of my best friends after Madonna’s Grammy appearance. She thought Madonna looked really freaky and weird. She was worried I’d be offended but I wasn’t because I thought Madonna looked weird and freaky too especially with her HAIR in round braids. Eeek. I still think that had to be Madonna’s strangest hair. I’m glad (and pray) she’s moved on from it. Lol

Thanks for sharing!!  I've had conversations with a few people after that performance.  Obviously she had some botox treatments and the way she styled her hair wasn't flattering to how she looked.  At the same time, I feel like the press and some media people like Piers Morgan over exaggerated the whole appearance due to their hatred towards her.

Last night with my mother, 30 seconds talking about the new triple vinyl:

Me: Do you know that she is going to release a new vinyl? A triple vinyl.

My mother: That slut (in a lovely way) is not silly. She is rich thanks to us. We are silly for buying her everything. At least she owes us a bedroom in one of her luxurious houses.

Me: You are right.

My mother: Another reissue with the same songs?

Me: No. It’s totally new.

My mother: I can’t believe you.

I was talking to my friend who is 32 and he was asking why is Madonna the queen of pop ? He thinks it should be Beyoncé ( woo i said is Queen Bee) or Taylor a swift - I kind of laughed when he said Taylor swift 🤣 then I explained 2 things 

m has sold the most records and concert tickets for a female artist 

she basically invented the blue print for what female artists are now today - the big theatrical tours , the attitude, the music videos and the fact she has probably endured the most criticism a female entertainer has ever had over 40 years and is still for the most part going strong 

then my friend said “ what about Cher ? “ I just looked at him and said “ you don’t like Madonna do you ? “ he laughed .., we had various discussions about Whitney and Kylie but i say they are good in their own ways but just not up to Ms status 

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I was talking to my friend who is 32 and he was asking why is Madonna the queen of pop ? He thinks it should be Beyoncé ( woo i said is Queen Bee) or Taylor a swift - I kind of laughed when he said Taylor swift 🤣 then I explained 2 things 

she basically invented the blue print for what female artists are now today - the big theatrical tours , the attitude, the music videos and the fact she has probably endured the most criticism a female entertainer has ever had over 40 years and is still for the most part going strong 

then my friend said “ what about Cher ? “ I just looked at him and said “ you don’t like Madonna do you ? “ he laughed .., we had various discussions about Whitney and Kylie but i say they are good in their own ways but just not up to Ms status 

It’s funny how people don’t want to acknowledge her status purely because of how they personally feel about her.

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

What would we classify Cher as because in a way, she is "Queen" in her own right?  I wouldn't say she's the "Queen of Pop" at all.  Besides, her music has been more on the rock side with some exceptions. 

Recently, a coworker asked me if Taylor Swift was this generation's Madonna.  I replied "no".  We discussed it further and I explained that, while both are/were phenomenally popular, Madonna actually transformed the industry while Taylor has not.  Taylor is far less artistic and creative and I compared her efforts to previous boy beds like Back Street Boys and Insync.  Huge marketeers but only the flavor of the moment and nothing more.  Taylor also has taken very few risks and has stayed on formula.  My co-worker actually agreed with me.  Grant it, neither of us loves or hates Taylor Swift and we are both over forty.  LOL 

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Recently, a coworker asked me if Taylor Swift was this generation's Madonna.  I replied "no".  We discussed it further and I explained that, while both are/were phenomenally popular, Madonna actually transformed the industry while Taylor has not.  Taylor is far less artistic and creative and I compared her efforts to previous boy beds like Back Street Boys and Insync.  Huge marketeers but only the flavor of the moment and nothing more.  Taylor also has taken very few risks and has stayed on formula.  My co-worker actually agreed with me.  Grant it, neither of us loves or hates Taylor Swift and we are both over forty.  LOL 

Madonna's taken most of those risks, and has paved the way for many girls these days.  Taylor has been able to use somewhat of Madonna's business sense to capitalize on her own work.  Though, I wouldn't dismiss Taylor all together when it comes to taking on risks. Not too long ago, she took on the music streaming platforms and music industry.  She's managed to go unscathed for doing so. I've also seen Taylor grow from the "girl next door" country star to this bigger than life entertainer lately. She may not be some people's cup of tea, but she seems to be doing quite fine for herself, no matter what any one of us thinks.  She is fully aware that Madonna has paved the way for her. :)

Well, my latest conversation was with my boyfriend (not interested in Madonna at all) when I bought American Life Mix show Mix vinyl 

(me rushing home with RSD limited AL Mix vinyl) 

10 mins later

(me putting American Life Mix show Mix vinyl on display at home) 

BF (while checking my new vinyl) : that's Madonna? She kind of lost all colors, huh

Me: What do you mean? 

BF: well, that artwork is kind of boring 

Me: it's only the remix album, jeez! Add-on to American Life original album 

BF: hmm... Okay (confused what American Life album by Madonna is) 

10 seconds later

Me (grabing FEL rainbow vinyl edition from the shelf) : You wanna see colors, here I present to you... 

Last night at an all class reunion in my town, one of my long time friends asked me to catch them up on Madonna. He had heard she was sick and almost died. Even though they weren’t a fan of hers and he has teased me over the years for being one, he wanted to be sure I knew he wished her no ill will and recognized her influence on music. He even said she is a legend. Wowww. 

12 hours ago, ScottyX said:

It's constant. She's part of the conversation topics throughout the day with my husband, my friends, and my mom.

Same here. I’ve never made it a secret that I’m a fan.  I really enjoy talking about her with people. I enjoy the fun teasing from people too (especially from my uncles when they were alive) but I’ve had serious discussions with those same people too that  the end up getting serious telling me on songs they like. 

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Last night at an all class reunion in my town, one of my long time friends asked me to catch them up on Madonna. He had heard she was sick and almost died. Even though they weren’t a fan of hers and he has teased me over the years for being one, he wanted to be sure I knew he wished her no ill will and recognized her influence on music. He even said she is a legend. Wowww. 

While there are some horrible people out there who would still wish her ill, it's great to see how many have taken a moment, a step back and recognize who she is, what she's done and the influence she has had on our society.  We all don't have to agree to like everything she's done over the years, but there is no doubt, she's affected many people's lives, specifically in a positive way.  I know she has mine.

Thank you for sharing this story.  It always gives me hope that people will lay off of Madonna and appreciate her more. :luv:

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

While there are some horrible people out there who would still wish her ill, it's great to see how many have taken a moment, a step back and recognize who she is, what she's done and the influence she has had on our society.  We all don't have to agree to like everything she's done over the years, but there is no doubt, she's affected many people's lives, specifically in a positive way.  I know she has mine.

Thank you for sharing this story.  It always gives me hope that people will lay off of Madonna and appreciate her more. :luv:

You’re welcome. 
(On another note everyone, be sure to go your school reunions. Trust me, life is short. You won’t regret it in more ways than one!)

Last night I had dinner and drinks with two very good friends of mine (a couple). One I would say is sort of a casual fan, one is basically indifferent to her. I was very pleasantly surprised to hear they’re thinking of getting tickets to one of the rescheduled dates. Her health scare had them thinking who knows how many more opportunities they’ll have to see her, they said.