Did TicketMaster seriously make it so that I can’t sell my ticket?

Black Mamba

With the new concert dates being announced, I am able to buy a better ticket to a more convenient show with much better seats. But I had tickets to a different show and now I want to sell those, but I can’t. Are they really going to prevent me from selling the ticket to my original show and force me to go to that one? I saw that there’s an option by the event organizers to prevent people from selling their tickets.

If this is the case here, is there any way I can get around this whatsoever?

It may be the case of being they are "refundable" at the moment, they aren't allowing people to sell them until after Sept. 14th.  That would be my best guess.  If I recall, when we first bought the tickets when they first went on sale, there was a period there that you couldn't resell your tickets. 

35 minutes ago, McDonna said:

It may be the case of being they are "refundable" at the moment, they aren't allowing people to sell them until after Sept. 14th.  That would be my best guess.  If I recall, when we first bought the tickets when they first went on sale, there was a period there that you couldn't resell your tickets. 

Yes ^ this would be why 

4 hours ago, Black Mamba said:

With the new concert dates being announced, I am able to buy a better ticket to a more convenient show with much better seats. But I had tickets to a different show and now I want to sell those, but I can’t. Are they really going to prevent me from selling the ticket to my original show and force me to go to that one? I saw that there’s an option by the event organizers to prevent people from selling their tickets.

They allow reselling tickets closer to the date via their own affiliated services.

Right now the option you have is to request a refund.

the weird thing is why someone bought my tickets without knowing when the new dates or if the were happening in the end? 

Something weird or strange happened to me, I bought a cheap ticket for Miami second night which I ended deciding not to use (I didn’t know you could upgrade) so I put it up for sale and bought a floor ticket in the end. Yesterday I went to ask for a refund for that cheap ticket and it was sold five days ago (I didn’t know because i don’t use that email very much except for Ticketmaster) so I’m know waiting for the payment process to go through, I’m using a friend’s bank account because I don’t have an american bank which they ask you to have and it’s been a tricky subject with taxation and Mexican credit card. I hope to get the money back

The thing is I didn’t have the request option because the ticket was already sold so I guess you lose the chance of a refund if you change the ticket status. But 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t really know 

In my case, i think I have both options, to request a refund and also to resell my ticket . 

I bought 2 floor seats 3rd row for Dallas second night, I’m not sure i can make it during the new dates and since I already have tickets for Barcelona I wanna resell my Dallas tickets for just a little bit more so I can afford my flights. 🥲

i just don’t wanna lose my option for refund in case no one it’s interested in buying my tickets before sept 14th

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Exactly. Why would you want to sell your ticket when right now you can get a full refund? Is there a benefit of selling tickets instead of just getting a refund?

I'd assume whatever the markup could potentially be would be the benefit, as an American we are trained to think that way. I read that Sailor Tift tickets resell at like 10x the original ridiculous rates. 

45 minutes ago, Michael_Py said:

In my case, i think I have both options, to request a refund and also to resell my ticket . 

I bought 2 floor seats 3rd row for Dallas second night, I’m not sure i can make it during the new dates and since I already have tickets for Barcelona I wanna resell my Dallas tickets for just a little bit more so I can afford my flights. 🥲

i just don’t wanna lose my option for refund in case no one it’s interested in buying my tickets before sept 14th

Just by looking at the Dallas availability, I don’t think you’ll sell those tickets very fast and with the kind of profit you are looking for. If I were you I would get my money back and consider it a winning situation regarding the general context 

9 hours ago, Black Mamba said:

The email I got from Ticketmaster says: "We understand that you might not be able to make it, but have worked with the Event Organizer to make sure you have an option. You have through September 14, 2023 to choose a refund."

You cannot resale your ticket via Ticketmaster until your ticket actually becomes available. 

By default, Ticketmaster enables the ability to transfer tickets but artists and venues can choose to opt out of that by not actually releasing the ticket until closer to the shoe. Madonna and the associated venues have chosen to do that. 

What this means is that though the event is listed in your Ticketmaster account, you are not yet actually in possession of the ticket. The ticket will be added to your Ticketmaster account the day before or the day of the show. Only when the ticket is physically in your account do you have the ability to transfer it. You have to be able to transfer to resell and you cannot transfer a ticket you don’t have. 

The only way to resell it would be to list it on a resale site and have someone buy it there. You will not be able to actually transfer the ticket until you are in possession of it though which means you forfeit the refund. Similarly, if you buy resale you won’t get the ticket until whatever day they release the ticket.