Madonna is Harley Quinn in new Tim Burton Batman comic book series

drivebitch

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I will never forgive Madonna for turning down the role of Catwoman. God! That character was perfect for her. What was she doing at that time that could have been more important and turned down that wonderful offer.:suffer:

maxresdefault_10.thumb.jpg.e32e171e8614fb25edafa899a1fe148e.jpg

Michelle Pfeiffer was originally cast in the lead role of Eva Peron for Evita, and this was confirmed in July 1994.

But Pfeiffer left the production when she became pregnant with her second child and Madonna got the part. 

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I will never forgive Madonna for turning down the role of Catwoman. God! That character was perfect for her. What was she doing at that time that could have been more important and turned down that wonderful offer.:suffer:

No offense to Madonna but Michelle nailed that role! 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Was about to post! It’s very Madonna coded!

Joe Quinones, the artist, and co-creator, confirmed that it’s Madonna. Jeff Goldblum is Scarecrow and Winona Ryder is Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. They were all in the running/considered for the roles for the planned Burton third movie. The book is being penned by Sam Hamm who wrote the original 1989 Batman movie. I love that Madonna’s Harley is also Catwoman’s shrink, as revealed in series one of Batman ‘89 last year!

IMG_3491.thumb.jpeg.d9bad019b837389049368f187088d9b6.jpeg

2 hours ago, drivebitch said:

Joe Quinones, the artist, and co-creator, confirmed that it’s Madonna. Jeff Goldblum is Scarecrow and Winona Ryder is Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. They were all in the running/considered for the roles for the planned Burton third movie. The book is being penned by Sam Hamm who wrote the original 1989 Batman movie. I love that Madonna’s Harley is also Catwoman’s shrink, as revealed in series one of Batman ‘89 last year!

IMG_3491.thumb.jpeg.d9bad019b837389049368f187088d9b6.jpeg

And Gena Davis as Poison Ivy! The comic series is a genius idea! I love that they did it!

On 12/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, drivebitch said:

If I remember correctly, it wasn't the third Burton Batman film but actually the third Schumacker Batman film. That film was supposed to have the Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (in the script she was a toymaker and the daughter of Jack Nicholson's Joker). Schumacker revealed lots of this in interviews over the years and that he wanted Madonna to play Harley Quinn (this would've been in 1999 / early 2000s) and that this Batman film would've been much darker than his campier versions (in his script the Scarecrow kills Robin and Batgirl). However, because the film Batman & Robin did so horribly bad, Warner Brothers shelved any and all Batman projects for many years until the restart of the franchise with Batman Begins.

The third Burton Batman film would've had Robin Williams as the Riddler and Billy Dee Williams as Two Face but Warner Brothers thought Batman Returns was way too dark and scary for children so they pushed out Tim Burton and went with Joel Schumacker to take over the series and make it campier and lighter.

52 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

If I remember correctly, it wasn't the third Burton Batman film but actually the third Schumacker Batman film. That film was supposed to have the Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (in the script she was a toymaker and the daughter of Jack Nicholson's Joker). Schumacker revealed lots of this in interviews over the years and that he wanted Madonna to play Harley Quinn (this would've been in 1999 / early 2000s) and that this Batman film would've been much darker than his campier versions (in his script the Scarecrow kills Robin and Batgirl). However, because the film Batman & Robin did so horribly bad, Warner Brothers shelved any and all Batman projects for many years until the restart of the franchise with Batman Begins.

The third Burton Batman film would've had Robin Williams as the Riddler and Billy Dee Williams as Two Face but Warner Brothers thought Batman Returns was way too dark and scary for children so they pushed out Tim Burton and went with Joel Schumacker to take over the series and make it campier and lighter.

That is true. They’re using a lot of unused ideas from that era. The first series of Batman ‘89 sees Billy D. Williams’s Harvey Dent become Two-Face and Marlon Waynes become Robin.  Marlon Waynes had a deal with the studio to play Robin and got paid for it even though they didn’t end up using him. They’ve even worked in the Kenner Batman designs that were created only for the toy line and even the Batcycle they produced even though it wasn’t in the movie. It’s a fascinating book!

On 12/1/2023 at 9:17 AM, chaosmen1984mk said:

Are you gonna mourn Madonna's giveup on Michelle Pfeiffer's role to Hairspray too, chicx?