BILLBOARD - Madonna’s "The Celebration Tour" Approaching $100 Million in Grosses and headed for more than $225 million worldwide.

Askeroff

38 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

They where 100% sold out, but there is always a small group who re-sells them, so they first buy them, so ticketmaster count that as sold out, and later that group is re-selling them again truh ticketmaster, that are the bunch of tickets that are availeble before the show, but those once where bought tickets so they count. And even if they go on re-sale most of them will sell again... 

27 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Let me try to make it easy for you. Lets say on ticketmaster there are 50 tickets left, that means it's not sold out... Now another website buys all those 50 tickets at once, that means the show is sold out to ticketmaster and Madonna... That other website is throwing them online again to re-sell them, mostly for much higher prices, but those tickets where still bought before so they count as sold tickets, even if that other website doesn't sell those 50 tickets anymore, to ticketmaster and madonna those are sold tickets so it counts as sold out... But mostly the re-sale tickets are also gone in a few days, but even if they don't the show still count as sold out. 

horrible

should be illegal.

Just now, sara94 said:

I'm so proud of her. So many people were doubting her and said this tour would flop and she'd cancel many shows either due to her health or lack of demand and she proved them all wrong. Queen of Pop always and forever ❤️

Same here.   I know some swore the tour wouldn't even go on.  She's yet to cancel a show since she started the tour.   And I think if anything, the illness kicked her into gear to get back into the shape she's pretty known for.  She does look great.  And she's still doing things during this tour, that people half her age aren't doing on stage.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Same here.   I know some swore the tour wouldn't even go on.  She's yet to cancel a show since she started the tour.   And I think if anything, the illness kicked her into gear to get back into the shape she's pretty known for.  She does look great.  And she's still doing things during this tour, that people half her age aren't doing on stage.

Yeah. When you really think about it, she has changed after that infection. Just compare her now to January. She has improved a lot

Just now, sara94 said:

Yeah. When you really think about it, she has changed after that infection. Just compare her now to January. She has improved a lot

I can tell she lost some weight due to her illness and while that could very well weaken someone, she seemed to built up stamina since and looks physically great right now.

I just wish she would sell more at her Brooklyn shows. It's kind of embarrassing how many unsold (blue) tickets there are still. I thought NY would be one of her fastest markets but it appears to be not close to selling out. The two shows I'm going to still have many available seats on Ticketmaster, and I don't mean resale.

8 hours ago, Slickness said:

Alot of African Americans aren't feeling her either and i'm black myself, most of us is just not seeing it. But I do know a good amount that like/listen to Madonna.

Of course they don’t like her, her music is as white as a ghost. And people from her fanbase have make many racist remarks against others such as Beyonce. I’m not saying all her fans are trash, but there is something cult like about it all. And Taylor and her team encourage that.

7 hours ago, wenxiusi said:

It's still weird if we consider that in other tours there were shows that appeared 98%, 95% sold out, so why the Celebration Tour ones were considered 100% sold out and the ones that were actually 95% sold out are shown as indeed 95%? Anyways, it doesn't make sense to me

It isn’t weird. We’ve heard these stories about other artists for over a decade now. Box office scores are manipulated that way, it’s not new. The fact is the tour is selling very well and her most successful since 2012.

7 hours ago, dave2290 said:

people should enjoy the music they want, the artists they want without throw shit non stop against someone else....

yes taylor is amazing but nobody cant deny what Madonna  has do for the music industry.... she set the rules.... the rules everyone in the music industry still follow....

she is the one who start to make not only music tours but shows.... Real shows....

Plus her fans are claiming that she’s an activist now, that she fights against racism and all sorts of bald faced lies. They only say these things because it’s her biggest weak spot. Literally every other female pop star has been a better ally for minorities than this woman.

15 hours ago, sara94 said:

I'm so proud of her. So many people were doubting her and said this tour would flop and she'd cancel many shows either due to her health or lack of demand and she proved them all wrong. Queen of Pop always and forever ❤️

brava!

im curious to know how many popstars of today will last 40 years... with so much iconic songs and eras, and million and millions copies sold for so many years.....

@sara94 the last thing....

and how many singers will arrive at 65 (sorry Madonna for that..... i will never never ever again put this 2 numbers next to each others again.... sorry), with a Worldwide tour, with so many shows, for so many hours , dancing and singing non stop... with all her energy and talent .....at .... you know

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Plus her fans are claiming that she’s an activist now, that she fights against racism and all sorts of bald faced lies. They only say these things because it’s her biggest weak spot. Literally every other female pop star has been a better ally for minorities than this woman.

wow

we have a swifties here! 

• 2 months later...

update!

CELEBRATION, Madonna

$121,245,580 Revenue ($2,819,665 avg.) 643,033 Tickets Sold (14,954 avg.) $188.55 Average Price 43/78 Reported Shows (source touring data on x ) 

Madison Square Garden, New York: 41,207 (100%) - $10,289,619 (3 shows)

Barclays Center, New York: 37,782 (100%) - $7,774,698 (3 shows)

Scotiabank Arena, Toronto: 30,146 (100%) - $5,533,143 (2 shows)

TD Garden, Boston: 25,685 (100%) - $5,509,791 (2 shows)

Centre Bell, Montreal: 30,670 (100%) - $5,094,575 (2 shows)

Capital One Arena, Washington: 22,896 (100%) - $4,808,752 (2 shows)

Little Caesars Arena, Detroit: 13,516 (100%) - $2,725,951

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia: 12,037 (100%) - $2,044,220

Madonna's lifetime revenue has now surpassed $1.6 billion from 15.9 million tickets sold in 710 shows played since 1985, returning to the top spot as the highest-grossing female live act in history.