Madonna sued for ‘false advertising’ after starting Brooklyn concerts 2 hours late

Askeroff

There are several key points in the lawsuit that must align for the plaintiffs to have a chance of winning, or for the judge not to dismiss it outright. Firstly, the ticket itself may not constitute a binding contract where Madonna explicitly agrees to appear at a specific time. The show, as a whole, may have a starting time, but it does not necessarily dictate an exact ending time. The fine print in the ticket terms and conditions often includes disclaimers absolving TicketMaster or Madonna from responsibility in the case of delays caused by external factors.
If the plaintiffs are seeking damages, they will need to provide a solid justification for their claim. For instance, if they were fired from their jobs the day after the concert and can prove that it was directly due to attending the event.
Attempting to claim damages simply because they lost a few hours of sleep by attending a concert the previous night is laughable.
Organizing large-scale events with numerous variables involved, delays can occur, and it would be challenging to pinpoint Madonna as the sole cause of the delay.
The lawsuit is driven by a desire for clout, drama, and financial gain, good luck proving anything.

19 hours ago, honestlyhlf said:

Real talk... When she came out around 21:30pm in London on the 5th December I was actually a little upset she didn't come on later as I was mid-conversation with my new friends :speakno::seeno:

OMG yes we missed the start in London (well only Bob) she was starting NRM. Should sue her being earlier than the average start time. Bitch :laughing:

Those idiot gays knew! and the price of the tickets theyd be fans and probably seen her be late before. 'On a week night' Well she changed the dates because she was on deaths door. 'Oh weve got a chance to sue'  Theyd know her dodgy timings and wouldve got a refund and not book on a week night. Its unsuitable for you Cuntys. Get fucked you con artists. 

I dont know if they went the 3 nights or what night out of the 3 they went, in reality 2 hours isnt life changing & sue an idol. If a train was 2 hours late youd complain for a refund from the ticket seller/box office. OH NO The gays sat & chose to sit through the show and sue after. They had the chance not to sit through it if it was going to fuck up their 'family' and work commitments. THEY STAYED. 

You dont eat a full meal anywhere and sue the restaurant that it wasnt like the menu after - you stayed and ate it all. Twats. 

44 minutes ago, scallywally said:

OMG yes we missed the start in London (well only Bob) she was starting NRM. Should sue her being earlier than the average start time. Bitch :laughing:

Haha, oh my gosh, I'd have DIED! I know a bunch of people got caught out on the 6th December because O2 Arena staff were telling people they had plenty of time because she wouldn't be on until 21:30pm, and then the show started at like 20:40pm. Never seen so many people rushing to get to their seats :seeno: Class action lawsuit for the show starting early?! :lol:

P.S. Hope you had a wonderful time!

3 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

Haha, oh my gosh, I'd have DIED! I know a bunch of people got caught out on the 6th December because O2 Arena staff were telling people they had plenty of time because she wouldn't be on until 21:30pm, and then the show started at like 20:40pm. Never seen so many people rushing to get to their seats :seeno: Class action lawsuit for the show starting early?! :lol:

P.S. Hope you had a wonderful time!

Yes we were sat in fucking Nando's, so were loads of others. MESS! Still loved it though. Amazing. 

10 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Ooh let's hope they win because if it's out there and people know they can sue then this tardiness should stop.

There is no excuse for technical issues she's been having these issues since sticky & sweet, she needs to hire a team if that's the case because they have got to the bottom of these technical issues for the past 16 years 

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other I just think you know what, it's one night with months and months worth of notice. Fans could get a hotel and make a trip away of it, as everyone knows she's always late.

22 minutes ago, scion said:

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other I just think you know what, it's one night with months and months worth of notice. Fans could get a hotel and make a trip away of it, as everyone knows she's always late.

Yes another time I went the DJ was on by time they let us in after the queue. DJ finished, she want on over an hour after and during the first half of that hour half the arena was empty! She came on around 10 it was like she waited for everyone to bloody take to their seats. When it was full the lights went out.