Portland, OR, USA [Oct 17th, 2015]

groovyguy

• 2 months later...

It's Our Madonna Issue! 

Our Celebration of All Things Madge

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/its-our-madonna-issue/Content?oid=16698104

...The imperial popstress schedules a performance at Portland's basketball arena as part of her Rebel Heart world tour on Saturday, October 17. The city breathes a sigh of relief, and then carefully, tentatively allows a whisper of excitement into its collective heart.

Madonna... is coming.

To celebrate Madonna's first show in Portland in more than 30 years, we've planned this special issue devoted to all things Madge. We look at the best and worst moments of her career—her albums, her videos, her movies, her clothes, and more. It's a scrapbook of impressions and interpretations that reveals a complex composite portrait of a woman who was always so much more than a simple pop singer. Because Madonna remains, for all of us, surprisingly personal—we grew up with not only her music and her weird British accent, but also her epoch-defining fashion sense and her quick-change ability to redefine herself over and over. Most importantly, the feminism inherent in her art remains nothing short of groundbreaking (even if that pioneering work sometimes gets taken for granted today), and her embrace of gay culture and her willingness to bring it into the mainstream offered great strides in accelerating the conversation.

It doesn't matter whether you love Madonna's music or not (although surely there is at least one song you can get behind): In the end, she's changed the world for the better, and has been doing so for more than three decades. We all have Madonna in common. There's no one else like her.

Welcome back, Madonna!

Wow, gonna be a good one. None of this 'It wasn't sold out' 'They upgraded everyone in the nosebleeds' stuff. 38 tickets left!

super_hero_tony Rebel â¤ï¸s Day to evening. I have to abbreviate because it would take way more space than this to explain in detail. Everything is done in stages. Stage construction, offices ( including a desk for my friend Stacey Sarri with Live Nation) and catering are the first things up. Every department has a call time it depends on who is needed and when. From left to right in this picture the stage is already constructed and the video screens are up (it was 10 am!) In the next picture the chairs are going into place. Next the dancers rehearse choreography for one of my Fav numbers Aya, Bambi, Maria, Ai section ( I am still trying to figure out how to do that choreography ) Then its sound check with the Boss. Work continues around the stage and fine tuning. Simultaneously wardrobe is prepping costumes for the show. It will take all day. At the tip of the stage is Command Central. Front of house sound and Mike Morobitto calls the entire show. If it goes up or down, in or out Mike does it. *You Guys! And after the show everything goes in reverse. It's amazing how quickly the load out happens. In a few hours everything is gone and its just a good memory. I have heard of some shows doing 5 in a row! That means that the above happens 5 times in a row in different cities. Think about it. The most I have ever done is 3 and let's just say by the 3rd I wasn't in the best mood. It's hard to get off the bus in the morning with jacked up hair and pajamas. Call me crazy, but I like a private bathroom with a door that locks! So Portland your up! Share your Rebel â¤ï¸'s with usâ—ï¸

Posted Image