Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

1 minute ago, Honey Little said:

I am sorry to hear about his health. Sending light and healing to you guys. 

I TRULY love your compassion for me and my family, is it too late for you to drag me from my home the May 4 and pay for all the food and beverage I will have to do while watching M singing You'll See, Rain and Faz Gostoso????

I have a free subway ticket card (I can use it 10x per month), you don't need to pay for my transportation - only for yours ofc.

4 hours ago, vitoralmeiida said:

sorry to rain on your parade, but... since (as far as we know) its just a one-night-only concert in this format (open air/stadium), it would be too costly to built a structure like the one holding the disco ball up in the Confessions stadium shows for just one concert.

I'm a stage designer so my best guess is that the stage will remain the same except from the side projection screens and the portal/flying rig - so everything in the main stage will be kept as is, the same goes for the runways, including the Bedtime Story cube.

but... we shall see :Madonna021:

rain on MY parade? at what point did i say they were going to build the same structure this time?

21 minutes ago, migsou said:

rain on MY parade? at what point did i say they were going to build the same structure this time?

14 hours ago, migsou said:

i'm pretty sure it can. the stage is an independent structure, nothing is attached to the ceilings of the arenas. when the s&s and mdna tours were presented in stadiums (outdoors) in brazil they had all the lifting structures.

er.... here? :salty:

6 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

er.... here? :salty:

I believe @migsou meant by "they" as in "they had all the lifting..." the Live Nation/Madonna team. The structure was always from them. No wonder I remind of more than 12 big trucks (actual number I don't remind of tho) coming to Maracanã Stadium to make whole S&ST stage.

1 minute ago, Nahash said:

I believe @migsou meant by "they" in "they had all the lifting..." the Live Nation/Madonna team. The structure was always from them. No wonder I remind of more than 12 big trucks (actual number I don't remind of tho) coming to Maracanã Stadium to make whole S&ST stage.

yes, I agree! and @migsou is right about that - my point is about "nothing is attached to the ceilings of the arenas"

everything is hanged from the ceiling on the Celebration Tour except the main stage and runways - in the S&S stage they were able to fit the hanged portion of the light fixtures and rounded LED screens because the runway was not super long, which is very different this time.

so that's why everything that's off of the main stage (in terms of hanged fixtures) probably won't make it to Rio. one good example is Katy's Witness Tour in Latin America - they had a different version of the main LED screen, but all props were there, with the exception of.... everything that was hanged from the ceiling of the arenas in the US/Europe leg.

also: in no shape or form this will impact the experience of the show, I'm sure M will be radiant and concert will be an amazing achievement in her carreer and also for us brazilians :heart: just giving you my honest professional opinion (which could be also very wrong) 

:Madonna010:

2 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

yes, I agree! and @migsou is right about that - my point is about "nothing is attached to the ceilings of the arenas"

everything is hanged from the ceiling on the Celebration Tour except the main stage and runways - in the S&S stage they were able to fit the hanged portion of the light fixtures and rounded LED screens because the runway was not super long, which is very different this time.

so that's why everything that's off of the main stage (in terms of hanged fixtures) probably won't make it to Rio. one good example is Katy's Witness Tour in Latin America - they had a different version of the main LED screen, but all props were there, with the exception of.... everything that was hanged from the ceiling of the arenas in the US/Europe leg.

also: in no shape or form this will impact the experience of the show, I'm sure M will be radiant and concert will be an amazing achievement in her carreer and also for us brazilians :heart: just giving you my honest professional opinion (which could be also very wrong) 

:Madonna010:

We don't need to go till Perry to have an example.

Why weren't HeartBreakCity and Love Don't Live Here Anymore performed in Macau???

4 minutes ago, Nahash said:

We don't need to go till Perry to have an example.

Why weren't HeartBreakCity and Love Don't Live Here Anymore performed in Macau???

YES! thats a good question :suffer: since the concert was performed in an arena I dont see the point - but I can think of two scenarios:

1. the metal stairs were shipped to Macau but she wasn't in the mood to perform those songs
  2. the stairs were not shipped there as a cost saving measure (which would be weird)

Just now, vitoralmeiida said:

YES! thats a good question :suffer: since the concert was performed in an arena I dont see the point - but I can think of two scenarios:

1. the metal stairs were shipped to Macau but she wasn't in the mood to perform those songs
  2. the stairs were not shipped there as a cost saving measure (which would be weird)

Arena was very small to handle the stairs...

5 hours ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I'm a stage designer so my best guess is that the stage will remain the same except from the side projection screens and the portal/flying rig - so everything in the main stage will be kept as is, the same goes for the runways, including the Bedtime Story cube.

but... we shall see :Madonna021:

Actually ☝🏻🤓

I think that, from all the props hanging from the roof, the flying square it's the only one with more chances to stay. If Bad Bunny could made his island fly over the crowds on his stadium tour, I'm sure M could make her portal work too.

2 hours ago, Nahash said:

Minha maior surpresa é que ainda tem matéria em veículo de relevância que usa 'e internet vai à loucura' no título...

I have Live Earth feelings, when she was at the top of her game with the Confessions Tour and everyone expected a big show. This time is a lot bigger than that! But I'm not affraid like when she did Eurovision or the last Maluma live collab etc!

Really happy tbh! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced