Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

So it’s called Who's that girl? 🤔 

No... fans are only speculating that because she uploaded an obvious photo op moment of her working on the script, where one of the typed pages say "Who's That Girl?" on it.  I mean; let's be real here.  She's still working on the script.  It's not even approved yet.  A film title usually goes through numerous changes if not just are tentative until they decide on something definite.  Until this is actually filmed, I wouldn't latch onto any particular title, because it can be changed up to the last minute. :)

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im a fan of the title Who’s That Girl. I’m not sure if it matters that it’s the name of the 1987 movie. It’s pretty much forgotten outside of the hardcore fanbase. It’ll be similar to the tour in that it’s a name that highlights how she became larger than life.

Having said that I feel Material Girl would be a better name. I think the fact she has always been associated with that name and hates it would make it a catchy yet ironic title. Especially since she’s always felt misunderstood and misrepresented by that name and the movie will presumably show she is not like that at all.

14 hours ago, Adonna said:

No... fans are only speculating that because she uploaded an obvious photo op moment of her working on the script, where one of the typed pages say "Who's That Girl?" on it.  I mean; let's be real here.  She's still working on the script.  It's not even approved yet.  A film title usually goes through numerous changes if not just are tentative until they decide on something definite.  Until this is actually filmed, I wouldn't latch onto any particular title, because it can be changed up to the last minute. :)

Yes, the “who’s that girl” title and Madonna’s business lady pics, with respectable roots and wearing career separates, are just to signal she’s back at work and “taking meetings”. The post has already been picked up by several news outlets as a sign the movie is back on, even if all she’s done is take a few pics in front of a typewriter. She can argue with the TBD production company about whatever obscure title she wants once she’s got the green light and the $ is in the bank. I cannot wait. I’ve said it before, it might be a messy mess in part but it will be 100% her vision.

14 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I liked W.E. It was visual stunning, well directed, good actors... I trust on her! I think we will be surprised on a good way! 

On the other hand, that means no music, or experimenting for some long months from now... 

Or at least until the movie came out, probably with an original song attached to it.

Outside of this forum, the top responses I've seen to this news from fans since this project was originally announced are "It needs to be a series" and begging her not to direct. And they are the same top responses again now that it's happening again. 

cheers drinking GIF

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Im a fan of the title Who’s That Girl. I’m not sure if it matters that it’s the name of the 1987 movie. It’s pretty much forgotten outside of the hardcore fanbase. It’ll be similar to the tour in that it’s a name that highlights how she became larger than life.

Having said that I feel Material Girl would be a better name. I think the fact she has always been associated with that name and hates it would make it a catchy yet ironic title. Especially since she’s always felt misunderstood and misrepresented by that name and the movie will presumably show she is not like that at all.

Yes to both! 

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

Yet the second one I think is a little more tricky

25 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Outside of this forum, the top responses I've seen to this news from fans since this project was originally announced are "It needs to be a series" and begging her not to direct. And they are the same top responses again now that it's happening again. 

cheers drinking GIF

Get ready then, because it's going to be a 1:45h long movie at best and "DIRECTED AND SUPERVISED BY MADONNA VERONICA CICCONE" will be the first thing you see once the screen fades to black 

cheers drinking GIF

Just now, Andreo said:

Get ready then, because it's going to be a 1:45h long movie at best and "DIRECTED AND SUPERVISED BY MADONNA VERONICA CICCONE" will be the first thing you see once the screen fades to black 

cheers drinking GIF

Correction: "DIRECTED AND SUPERVISED BY MADONNA" 😉

30 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

cheers drinking GIF

But those are the same keyboard warriors that complain about everything all the time in all social media. 

We need to remember they aren’t what the majority of the world thinks or wants 

6 minutes ago, Andreo said:

cheers drinking GIF

3 minutes ago, Mdonna said:

But those are the same keyboard warriors that complain about everything all the time in all social media. 

We need to remember they aren’t what the majority of the world thinks or wants 

The experts have weighed in. I stand corrected. Carry on.

sorry not sorry mob wives season 3 GIF by RealityTVGIFs

21 hours ago, Adonna said:

Because it’s confusing… we already have Who’s That Girl movie lol… 

Just now, Ayham said:

Because it’s confusing… we already have Who’s That Girl movie lol… 

I agree.  Anyway, I think it was just a title for the time period in the script, not meaning an actual title for the film.  I suspect the film company backing it will fight a title that relates to one of her biggest hits, while I can see Madonna wanting to pick a title that isn't.  Though, when working on the script a couple years back when doing IG live she seemed interested in "Live to Tell" as being the title.  I personally think that would be a great title, being she's telling the story herself. :)

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I agree.  Anyway, I think it was just a title for the time period in the script, not meaning an actual title for the film.  I suspect the film company backing it will fight a title that relates to one of her biggest hits, while I can see Madonna wanting to pick a title that isn't.  Though, when working on the script a couple years back when doing IG live she seemed interested in "Live to Tell" as being the title.  I personally think that would be a great title, being she's telling the story herself. :)

Definitely LTT is the best! Let’s hope… or otherwise Candy Shop! 🤣🤣🤣