Songs that you think that could be avoided forever on her next gigs / tours

8 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

I don't mind the occasional cover, only because it's another song to add to the repertoire.  I like hearing her own stuff too, obviously, but I have all of her released songs, so any newness is always welcome. 

Not only that, I've always enjoyed the cover songs she's done.  It's not like she is known for doing covers anyway.  But she's really good at incorporating covers that fit the theme of her shows (if not paying respects to someone) as well as integrating samples from other people's work within her own songs. 

Anyway, imagine expecting Madonna to just not perform some of her most iconic songs?  I can't think of one act that has been touring for years like Madonna, who won't perform some of their most iconic songs on nearly every big tour they do. 

On 6/18/2024 at 2:38 PM, TheGoth said:

Cover versions have got to go. I hate every time she stands up there on stage and wastes precious space on a set list to do a cover song. It's boring. She has enough in her catalogue that she can work through, but it's her show and if she feels her own songs can't fill that gap, that's her right. 

Agree.

I am not against covers, but she always chooses boring songs. 

It really all depends on the audience target and artistic direction here, it's highly doubtful she will tour again with anything remotely close to a "greatest hit" tour. CT was a precursor to the Biopic and an exclamation point in her career. Both HN and BU hold special meanings to her and although neither were hits, she likes to perform them as a sentiment to herself.

Holiday and Candy Shop are two songs she can retired permanently. LIB, LAP and Vogue are stables but on a lesser scale

Bring on Material Girl, LAV (two mega hits that are way under-performed) Angel, Gambler, Rescue Me, LFL, Ghost town, Skin, Intervention,  Easy Ride.......

On 6/23/2024 at 5:44 PM, truerebel said:

It really all depends on the audience target and artistic direction here, it's highly doubtful she will tour again with anything remotely close to a "greatest hit" tour. CT was a precursor to the Biopic and an exclamation point in her career. Both HN and BU hold special meanings to her and although neither were hits, she likes to perform them as a sentiment to herself.

Holiday and Candy Shop are two songs she can retired permanently. LIB, LAP and Vogue are stables but on a lesser scale

Bring on Material Girl, LAV (two mega hits that are way under-performed) Angel, Gambler, Rescue Me, LFL, Ghost town, Skin, Intervention,  Easy Ride.......

Any suggestion to ditch LAP or LIB is ridiculous, but that is rare as.,,

I don't understand why some are saying she should ditch Burning Up?  She's perform far more songs more times.  I feel BU has been fairly performed. Four times throughout 40 years.  I always felt it was a good go to classic she could rock out to.  BU was definitely a song from her first releasse that she performed mostly first before having an album deal.  It made sense why she performed it again on this last tour.

I still can't get on board in just saying she should stop performing any songs, but I can understand why HN and Candy Shop would be requested being they were big hits songs for her.  That being said, she turned HN into classic regarding touring. While at this point, there are some other songs I would prefer her perform if it was to be replaced something she hasn't every performed or maybe once.

The only one song that I would flip over if she ever performs is I'll Remember.  That was such a huge hit back in the 90's and just a beautiful song. It deserves to be sung before she stops touring. I'd think a beautiful acoustic/orchestra version would work well for her.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She should ditch Burning Up. Anything else is fine. The suggestion to ditch Like a Prayer or La Isla is ridiculous .

Girlie, Drowned, or Confessions didn't have Like a prayer and they are masterpieces. She has a big catalog to choose. That's why Nothing really matters and Bad girl were highlights of Celebration Tour, and nobody cared about Like a prayer... 

I loved her performance of Bad Girl during the Celebration Tour. Erotica is filled with great songs... Secret Garden, Bye Bye, Words. It would be a dream come true for another tour, but I know it won't happen so soon.

I would love to watch more:

Future Lovers, I'm So Stupid, an acoustic version of Love Profusion, Drowned World, What It Feels Like For a Girl, Get Together, and Secret.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, nito84bcn said:

Girlie, Drowned, or Confessions didn't have Like a prayer and they are masterpieces. She has a big catalog to choose. That's why Nothing really matters and Bad girl were highlights of Celebration Tour, and nobody cared about Like a prayer... 

I somewhat agree, but also Like A Prayer should've definitely been in the Confessions Tour I feel.

I mean if we get two more tours out of her I think we'll be lucky guys. Honestly.  I can't see her doing many in the next ten years at all. 

Plus the touring industry is on its knees right now. Celebration did well because it was the queen doing a Greatest hits tour but the general public are starting to vastly rebel against these ticket prices. There's plenty of recent videos about it on You Tube. Plus I think a LIveNation reckoning is coming sooner rather than later. I think any tour she does moving forward will have to be marketed as a hits tour. It's been a decade since Rebel Heart her last arena tour supporting an album. We just can't compare the Madame X experience.

Even Dua Lipa has not gone all out with tour dates. They're being extra cautious with just one Wembley stadium gig. All this after the Glastonbury headline slot this week. Usually a string of dates would be announced but there's panic in the industry right now.

Jlo tour pulled, Black Keys arena tour pulled, Janets dates in the UK not doing the business again. The fiasco over Taylor Swift tickets with Livenation. 

Dynamic Pricing feels like a rip off. Two pints at the Pet Shop Boys gig were £18.40 and three hot dogs at Girls Aloud were £45. I couldn't get my breath. Plus parking and any merch you want. People just haven't got the money.

So yeah. The likelihood of a huge hit album that will sell a tour at the prices she has been asking in recent years will be a reach. I didn't go to the Celebration tour because I was holding out for a Cheaper Stadium ticket or Glasto. Sadly that didn't come and the first time Ive missed her concert since Girlie Show. Im a fairly well paid gay man with no kids near 50 ys old. I couldn't justify it . Two tickets, transport and a hotel plus drinks and dining was two months mortgage. It's OUT OF CONTROL and I wont feed the greed anymore.

So yeah point being is Madonna is going to have to be letting potential concert ticket buyers know that she most certainly will be doing Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita, Papa Don't Peach, Express Yourself and Like A Virgin ladies. 

Luckily she has a lot of hits in her bag but you best to believe that unless there are huge economical changes in the west were going to see a rebalancing of wealth and the music sector will not be excluded. The signs are already there. Video streaming is already showing signs and even streaming sites are changing the landscape for payments has caused uproar recently. Even vinyl variant fatigue is setting in with people like Billie Eilish calling it out. Fans are being scalped like never before. 

So yeah. Keep the big hits mom.

and personally I would never Scrap Burning Up. It's her ambition calling card.