INTERESTING Thought

Future Lover

So, I had this thought recently. 

We all know Madonna isn't on to change a show. But if the Paris attack happened during the MDNA Tour, do you think they she would have cut all of the gun play in the first section? I know that she never changes the show and that changing it would be viewed as letting Isis win, but part of me feels like it would be trimmed down or even cut. Drowned World's gun play was changed after 9/11, so she has changed shows in the wake of a tragedy before. Thoughts? 

We'll never know, really. But I'm sure Madonna would at least reduce the number of images of violence in her shows in a situation as serious as the Paris attacks, hence the fact that she reduced violence in the Drowned World Tour because of 9/11. That's my thoughts, but I guess we'll never know everything Madonna thinks!

Why would she change? Syria is in war since 2011, did she done something about that? Shooting in schools or movies on USA? Thousands of people are killed with guns. The show must go on.

'It's like taking out the third act of Hamlet. Madonna does not make things pretty and tie them up with a bow'

Posted Image

No. There was controversy when Madonna didn't change the show for a show in North America when there was shooting in the same city and it went on as planned.Edit: it was Colorado. Also in Scotland they were going to pull her show.'In wake of the 2012 Aurora shooting, Madonna was urged to remove the use of firearms from the show. Authorities previously warned the singer about use of guns for the concert in Edinburgh, before the events in Colorado. However, the order was reinforced after the tragedy occurred. Madonna continued the show in Scotland as planned, with the use of the props. During the concert, she expressed her joy for first concert in the country, saying she could be onstage for three hours. She then joked, "Due to your laws here they might pull the plug on me so if they cut us off suddenly, write to your local MP".'

sometimes she feels some way sometimes she feels another way. Personally I dont think she should change anything. It's not only letting isis or whoever win but its also just giving up your artistic freedom and compromising your artistic vision. Its ugly and i dont support it 

sometimes she feels some way sometimes she feels another way. Personally I dont think she should change anything. It's not only letting isis or whoever win but its also just giving up your artistic freedom and compromising your artistic vision. Its ugly and i dont support it

I think you're on point. It's down to how she's feeling at the time. In some scenarios she has changed her performances, and for others she has chosen not to change and retain her artistic freddom. I trust her to make the decision that's right for her. She's incredibly smart and would always go through all options thoroughly before making a decision i think. I loved her speech during one of the RH tour dates following the Paris attacks where she says she contemplated cancelling but decided why should we let these people take away her/our freedom (not quoted literally, im just paraphrasing). I thought "right on" and thought she was sending out a strong, positive and united message. Obviously most of us remember the original American Life video being axed due to the war in Iraq that was taking place at the time. She obviously felt compelled to ditch it and i support her for doing what she believes, though it's a great shame as the original video was fantastic, and the edited video may be one of her worst videos. At least she could have re-shot a slightly more interesting video rather than just using off cuts from the original.