Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

It probably would've been too ovbious, or maybe even feel repetitive, but I was missing a apocalypse city including Ghosttown (couldve gone well with burning up, heartbreak city, etc) and a party section with BIM altho that's become very common these days and I love the 30s section so that's fine. 

Totally agree on the apocalypse theme. I was hoping to see a steampunk look (as in the videoclip of Ghosttown) and a whole section on it. This look has a really deep visual identity and would have been something new from her on stage :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 12 additional songs not counting Who's That Girl (which was on roughly half of the tour):

Ghosttown

Frozen

Secret

Don't Tell Me

Like A Prayer

Drowned World/Substitute For Love

Open Your Heart

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Spanish Lesson

Take A Bow

Hung Up

Crazy For You

At the first Hong Kong show Hung Up was more like an acapella snippet before Take A Bow (like Fever she did on a couple of dates, St. Paul, Cologne and maybe one more time) but on the second one it was the only song between La Isla Bonita & Rebel Heart, I think it was acoustic indeed, but it sounded kinda bad and didn't get a good reception so that's why she didn't bother with it anymore.

This could have been a chance to do some rare gems and even songs never done live; yet but kind of waste, I know she forgets lyrics but that is what the dude in her ear is for?  :wink: So I hope we get another show or two more like TOAC and or like rarity/b-side tour that Kylie did a few years back.

Slay it with Supernatural! 

Posted Image

Tokyo has nothing to do with what was heard at the venues, I'm pretty sure MDNAT has a similar earpiece recording as well. Just that the musical director of the show puts the playback louder than her own vocals. It's been going on since 1990.

Thanks for your explanation @@Elazul, really. I'd love to understand exactly what is going on with those microphones. The same happens with the girls, though. I think it would be a lot better to hear more of Madonna's real voice like in this tour than the playback, because in 2008 and 2012 everybody thought it was just playback, including me tbo (a part from a few selected songs such as You must love me). So my hope is that they do not change the voice in the dvd to make it sound fake.

Thanks for your explanation @@Elazul, really. I'd love to understand exactly what is going on with those microphones. The same happens with the girls, though. I think it would be a lot better to hear more of Madonna's real voice like in this tour than the playback, because in 2008 and 2012 everybody thought it was just playback, including me tbo (a part from a few selected songs such as You must love me). So my hope is that they do not change the voice in the dvd to make it sound fake.

Unfortunately the vocals will have to be cleaned up for the DVD. If you listen to those high quality recordings of Chicago, Mannheim, Paris, Hong Kong etc. you can hear a "double vocal" many times (basically all the Rebel Heart songs) which don't matter when you are at the venue but they would be pretty annoying and unprofessional on an official recording. Not to mention that she sounds strained and out of breath on the Tokyo ear-monitor thing many times so they can't really use those raw vocals either. This vocal doctoring has been going on for a while now, if you listen to Confessions Tour Paris recording, you will notice how off key she sounds on many songs compared to the DVD which was recorded just 2 weeks earlier.

Unfortunately the vocals will have to be cleaned up for the DVD. If you listen to those high quality recordings of Chicago, Mannheim, Paris, Hong Kong etc. you can hear a "double vocal" many times (basically all the Rebel Heart songs) which don't matter when you are at the venue but they would be pretty annoying and unprofessional on an official recording. Not to mention that she sounds strained and out of breath on the Tokyo ear-monitor thing many times so they can't really use those raw vocals either. This vocal doctoring has been going on for a while now, if you listen to Confessions Tour Paris recording, you will notice how off key she sounds on many songs compared to the DVD which was recorded just 2 weeks earlier.

Yes of course I heard the double vocal, especially when they don't go together (it happened many times during Burning up).

I only hope they take as much as the real voice as they can and not use the fake studio vocals too much. Of course during Holy Water she is often out of breath, but I have to confess I adore that because it means she really sings during that hard dance routine and not only pretends to, like I have always thought!

I have CT Paris 28 and 30 on video, do you have a specific audio recording in mind? Still I have to say that I love the rehearsal recording with real live vocals... Thank you!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic