So what's up with "Can't Stop"?

Jorick

Can someone shed some light on the following:

I found a so called "official remix" of "Can't Stop" labeled as Shep's Crash Car (Bootleg) Remix. As far I know this is never officialy released, but my question is: is this remix really mixed by Shep Pettibone and withdrawn at the last moment or is is a fanmade mix? is there a story to this mix of wich I'm not fammiliar with?

Anybody any info??

I don't know if it is official or not. I had a mix called Shep's Crash Mix (no mention of car or bootleg) years ago but not anymore.It is listed here but no idea if this definitely makes it official, although of the mixes listed for other songs all seem to be official. http://www.madonnanation.com/remixindex/whosthatgirl.html

@ Dazed:But amateur-like remixes isnt something weird for Madonna, have you listened to the official mixes that are done for Ghosttown? Those all sound really bad.Also the Mirwais demo for "if you go away". That one sounds like it remixed by Felix Meow so bad is it, but it's still an official one.Lol, another example are the amateur sounding edits at Celebration for example Erotica, Cherish. So just because it sounds like an amateur edit doesnt mean it really is so.

@ Dazed:But amateur-like remixes isnt something weird for Madonna, have you listened to the official mixes that are done for Ghosttown? Those all sound really bad.Also the Mirwais demo for "if you go away". That one sounds like it remixed by Felix Meow so bad is it, but it's still an official one.Lol, another example are the amateur sounding edits at Celebration for example Erotica, Cherish. So just because it sounds like an amateur edit doesnt mean it really is so.

All of those (except the messy Celebration edits) are made using original parts though, the Can't Stop ""Pettibone"" remix uses the album version with extra added cheap-sounding drums and congas all over the place. Plus you cannot compare Pettibone's genius and professional work to the Ghosttown remixers' imo; Mirwais' remix of IYGA is terrible yes, but his vocal editing, instruments used on the track are totally Mirwais, do you get what I mean? :)

Ow but Crazy for you remixes made in 1997 are very much real!!

Yeah, weren't they commissioned for a supposed remix album (I read nearer the time it was to be called Veronica Electronica, but in later years read this title was a planned name for ray of light?) that was later abandoned. Were the Love To Infinity mixes of into the groove meant for this too?

Yeah, weren't they commissioned for a supposed remix album (I read nearer the time it was to be called Veronica Electronica, but in later years read this title was a planned name for ray of light?) that was later abandoned. We're the Love To Infinity mixes of into the groove meant for this too?

Interesting, didn't know that. So what about the so called Junior Vasquez remixes of You'll See then?

Interesting, didn't know that. So what about the so called Junior Vasquez remixes of You'll See then?

I'm not an expert but i'm sure the junior vasquez mixes of you'll see are unofficial. I think he'd pissed Madonna off by then with the whole using the answerphone message she left for him in a song (When Madonna Calls), thus ending their working relationship......well, until she OK'd him to remix Hollywood after Donatella Versace begged her to let him do it for one of her fashion shows, or something like that.The vocals in his you'll see mix sound filtered and not using an official acapella to my ears lol.

This one buggs me for a while too!I also think its fanmade but some people who i know who really havemore knowledge about m stuff then i keep claiming it's real and been made for a release that in the end never happend.

Now i think of it, i think i read somewhere some time ago that Can't Stop had been considered for a single release, so maybe it was remixed for this? I might have imagined it though LOL.

....the Mirwais demo for "if you go away". That one sounds like it remixed by Felix Meow so bad is it

Mirwais' remix of IYGA is terrible yes, but his vocal editing, instruments used on the track are totally Mirwais

Why did you have to mention this? I had a look, found it.......wished i hadn't. LolTalk about butchering a song. It starts ok-ish (when it's just vox and strings) but the vocals seem to be too fast or slow for the backing track. It got worse when the guitar started and even worse when the drums kicked in so i decided to click away from the video. For me, there is only one true version of this, the piano version which is beautiful. ☺