Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

I agree, at the same time this kinda rough shooting really got me back to the 80s and 90s tv broadcasting of her tour (Torino, Barcelona/Nice and Sydney), helping me feel that kind of vibe again. I missed it in the following tv shows like Confessions or MDNA.

Said that, wich is very spersonal, I definitely agree with you (the eneagramma symbol designing around her in DAD or the early zoom on her, who was fixing her costume :lol:, during the entrance, reducing the effect of her coming out from the smoke, the somersault during ROL taken when it was almost over and so on). So, yeah, I'm happy she is releasing her own version of the show.

Even if, for me, the energy when everything is perfectly fixed is different, I can't deny it.

Finally someone understands what I really mean 🙏🏻😊 its all about catching the moments.

13 minutes ago, FraP said:

Guys, I'm still riding that high! I met so many people... getting there early was just incredible. Rio is amazing, the vibe was magic.

And nearly everyone was singing along. I'm not sure what was happening behind me, but with over a million people there, I can't imagine what they experienced. There was this magical energy all around us. It felt like we were all part of her performance, deeply connected to each other despite our differences, our diverse cultures, stories, and nationalities (it was mostly Brazilians, but there were a few other Europeans too).

It may not be her biggest tour, but with that kind of crowd, the show was insane (as any Madonna tour would be, except for Madame X, just saying) and I'd say we made history!

Watching the Globo recordings for the second time, I get emotional thinking about what she achieved at 65. I love her so much ♥️🥺

We could nitpick,bher voice isn't what it was without autotune, and there are things we might not like, but now's not the time. She's an absolute force of nature! We were all loving it like crazy.

The official footage doesn't capture just how engaged the crowd was. I caught four shows of the tour, in arenas across Europe and in San Francisco. Those arna shows were probably even better, but here it felt more grand, and I wasn’t overanalyzing. Yesterday I was fully in the moment—moved, laughing, dancing, and just living it up! It was a whole different thing!

I'm so happy I went to this show ♥️

I Love You Flirt GIF

46 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I’m glad it was imperfect and loved seeing it as it aired live since anything could’ve happened.  Based on how much Jonas shot in LA and Mexico we’ll get a polished, arguably over polished version of this tour. The amount of camera coverage for this gigantic Rio outdoor show I’m sure was insane. Also, as you mentioned the live audio mix is real hell and I’m sure they erred on the side of caution mixing her live and prerecorded vocals. It’s not necessarily because her voice has “bad” but a wireless mic cutting out is more jarring than heavy layering of pre-recorded vocals.

I agree! The audio mix can be polished in post production. As far as I could tell her microphone vocals were fantastic. For some reason, I did notice some delay between the backing track and her microphone on some songs (this was likely due to the live feed / mix). We also have to consider the fact that they had to balance crowd noise of over a million people which is not an easy task. The fact that this was an outdoor show makes it even more challenging...Bravo to everyone involved!

5 hours ago, mirtillo said:

Why she made This Little Light of Mine? It's very important?

She's been doing that song a lot. She talked a lot about the light inside of us when she asked everyone to turn their lights on at other shows. Sharing your inner light/positivity with the world etc. A kabbalah concept too of course.

1 hour ago, MonsieurX said:

Do you understand how complicated it is to handle audio and video mixing for a LIVE broadcast? You cannot expect to get every single or angle correct.

If we get a proper release, I am sure things will be corrected (i.e - The Drowned World Tour HBO Broadcast vs. DVD).

Exactly.

We did not get a proper shot of the arses in the ballroom part. It needs to be amended.

I think they did they pretty well all things considering. I do think that better audience shots were missed. For example, footage from behind the performers looking at the sea of the crowd would have been great. And yes, some key parts of the show were missed but most songs were good.

11 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

I agree! The audio mix can be polished in post production. As far as I could tell her microphone vocals were fantastic. For some reason, I did notice some delay between the backing track and her microphone on some songs (this was likely due to the live feed / mix). We also have to consider the fact that they had to balance crowd noise of over a million people which is not an easy task. The fact that this was an outdoor show makes it even more challenging...Bravo to everyone involved!

They did an amazing job. The best thing is that overall it sounded good. I trust they turned her down at times with good reason. Live TV is very unforgiving.

1 minute ago, SecretProject said:

Social media is raving about her! To think back in February 2023 people were nitpicking her face but now it’s all love, admiration, respect. I love her so fucking much!

I agree. I'm on Twitter a lot and all I've seen is praise and admiration, even from random people not involved in the Madonna realm at all.

8 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I agree. I'm on Twitter a lot and all I've seen is praise and admiration, even from random people not involved in the Madonna realm at all.

It really is, I'm not one to spend time on twitter or instagram but I have today and I got emotional several times reading people's comments and think pieces about the show.
We as fans should cherish those moments as we know the chances of having it again are not great.

1 hour ago, I am madonna said:

More fan cam from Brazil~~ It's side view of Like a prayer! Erotica~ Bad girl~ Vogue~ Don't tell me~

Wow look at these people! Just WOW

The mix of her voice there was great judging by this video. She sounds great and the backing track is not overbaring. 

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

AS THEY SHOULD.

THE QUEEN OF POP ROCK AND SOUL! The originator of the female pop superstar. There has NEVER been anyone like her and there NEVER will be AGAIN. BOW BITCHES!!!

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic