MadonnaInfinity Videography Rate -- The Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frozen is stunning. Frozen is amazing. Frozen is a masterpiece. You're right about the blue hue @@MeantToBeIconic, very arty and adds to the cold, mysterious feel of the video. They could have gone down the obvious route and filmed it somewhere like Iceland or somewhere glacial, but kudos for not taking the obvious and boring route (note I do realise the desert may be hot in the day but the temperature plummets at night BTW). MTBI mentions chills when she falls (we know she falls impeccably! Lol) and smashes, but I get the chills at the very start, when the camera pans across the blue hued cracked ground and the strings fade in. It has a true cinematic feel to it. I'd go as far to say the video feels other-worldly. Bedtime Story would have been a worthy winner. It's an odd, bizarre, acid-trippy, freaky dream and I love it! Like with Frozen, this video is a work of art, quite literally as I'm sure she's referencing a number of artists with the visuals (the mouth as an eye, the people with hand mirrors for faces etc). It fits with the dark, moody dance style of the song brilliantly. Both these videos are from the mid-late 90s. So many videos were made around the same time and since, (not just by M, but the whole music industry) but both of these videos are ahead of their time to me and don't look dated even nowadays. The work that went into them paid off. There's so many videos made since, that look cheaply made, lazy and boring, and where visual effects have attempted to be use just fall flat.

Frozen is amazing, I´d prefer Bedtime Story or even The Power Of Goodbye, but it´s ok to me. I loved this game, please give us another one soon.

Maybe an album era countdown? Score each album era on songs, writing, production, imagery/style of release, her look, single choices, promotion etc? I dunno, it might be crappy lol, it just came into my head.

@@Gargamel and I are preparing a poll for the best Unapologetic Bitches of the tour, so be prepared! Hope you like it and partecipate!

Frozen is stunning. Frozen is amazing. Frozen is a masterpiece. You're right about the blue hue @@MeantToBeIconic, very arty and adds to the cold, mysterious feel of the video. They could have gone down the obvious route and filmed it somewhere like Iceland or somewhere glacial, but kudos for not taking the obvious and boring route (note I do realise the desert may be hot in the day but the temperature plummets at night BTW).MTBI mentions chills when she falls (we know she falls impeccably! Lol) and smashes, but I get the chills at the very start, when the camera pans across the blue hued cracked ground and the strings fade in. It has a true cinematic feel to it. I'd go as far to say the video feels other-worldly.Bedtime Story would have been a worthy winner. It's an odd, bizarre, acid-trippy, freaky dream and I love it! Like with Frozen, this video is a work of art, quite literally as I'm sure she's referencing a number of artists with the visuals (the mouth as an eye, the people with hand mirrors for faces etc). It fits with the dark, moody dance style of the song brilliantly.Both these videos are from the mid-late 90s. So many videos were made around the same time and since, (not just by M, but the whole music industry) but both of these videos are ahead of their time to me and don't look dated even nowadays. The work that went into them paid off. There's so many videos made since, that look cheaply made, lazy and boring, and where visual effects have attempted to be use just fall flat.

Funny thing is, they were planning to film it in iceland, but then M decided she didn't want to shoot for days in the cold and suggested a desert has a "frozen" quality too, not realising how it cold it would be once the sun is down. Even worse shooting was delayed because of heavy rainstorms, so even more cold for M, the irony! Nonetheless, it's a gorgeous video, maybe not my ultimate favourite but it's up there!

I'm working on a countdown (from a different perspective) that is going to take quite a while.  I'm starting out broadly with the albums to go down to the smallest, with the ultimate goal of finding our favorite track, and pray that this time LAP will not win.

But this was a great countdown; my daughter and I called it!  I am a huge Madonna fan (as you all know  :wink: ) but my daughter is quite the little fan herself (she's 9) and she loves Frozen!!  How can you not love this video, it would be hard for even non-Madonna fans to deny.