MadonnaInfinity Videography Rate -- The Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we're at our one video at a time point!

Let's get jiggy with it

@@Stevo don't you fret 

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 -- Ghosttown

Average: 8.85

Highest: 11x1 (@@OhMadonna)

Lowest: 6x2 (@@Stevo, @@kurushitovska)

Gorgeous. Heart-wrenching. Stunning. Narrative. Epic. All those things at once. I knew once this was announced as a single that the video would blow our minds, and it did. The Rebel Heart era may not have given us the best videos (#BIMFORNUMBERONE) but this one has definitely been a revival of her fearsome music video prowess and earned it's #10 spot.

As for the previous round, I have to confess that I suspect M copied Italian singer Biagio Antonacci for the ROL video... definitely not between my favourites...http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4svih_non-e-mai-stato-subito_music

I honestly doubt she even knew the existence of this music video when she made Ray Of Light.

I'm not a huge fan of the "Ray of Light" video, but it's 100x times better than Antonacci's anyway, to not talk about the song  :monkey: .

Ok. I'm glad Ghosttown isn't number 1. I don't hate it or anything otherwise I'd have given it a 1, 2 or 3. It's good but not great for me. I can appreciate it's good work, but compared to other videos this one isn't in the same league for me. I must admit I'm not a fan of the styling of clothes she wore in the video, but hey, that's just my taste. I'd have given an extra point (7) if she wasn't styled that way. It's a bit like Deeper and Deeper, which I also have a 6. It's one of my fave songs from M, and the video is good, just not great. I'd have given that an extra point if she sang in the clip and one extra if the photo montage wasn't in the middle.

Ok. I'm glad Ghosttown isn't number 1. I don't hate it or anything otherwise I'd have given it a 1, 2 or 3.It's good but not great for me. I can appreciate it's good work, but compared to other videos this one isn't in the same league for me. I must admit I'm not a fan of the styling of clothes she wore in the video, but hey, that's just my taste. I'd have given an extra point (7) if she wasn't styled that way.It's a bit like Deeper and Deeper, which I also have a 6. It's one of my fave songs from M, and the video is good, just not great. I'd have given that an extra point if she sang in the clip and one extra if the photo montage wasn't in the middle.

I think she suited the Stevie Nicks look but the lack of dust in the video made it seem oddly clinical. And way too much slow mo swooshing about. It was beautiful but a little cold.

I think she suited the Stevie Nicks look but the lack of dust in the video made it seem oddly clinical. And way too much slow mo swooshing about. It was beautiful but a little cold.

I happen to love the Stevie Nicks-look.  Hell, I happen to love Nicks period.  She's my second favorite female rocker, only after our Queen lol.

Ghosttown is good for her at this point in time. She could be going further, but since she's inscure in front of the cameras i guess she's not a fan of making more raw videos. i hate the overairbrushing and everyone going like "ohh she looks 30" as a compliment, no she doesn't, and we shouldn't be using it as a compliment either...

I hope American Life is on top, I gave it my 11, it really is a masterpiece although due to historical condition it was wasted. After that M almost stopped making real videos with real statements. I can't accept the fact that the song and the video are not included in Celebration, it's like she has not made peace with it.

Sorry everyone, a college debate trip got me fucked up, but I'm back with our next one. To speed my recovery, please send unleaked demos to my inbox plz and thx :)

Posted Image

#9 -- Rain

Average: 8.904

Highest: 11x2!!!! (@@stefo, @GHouse)
Lowest: 6x1 (@@Gonnabe)

The best video for a ballad I've seen. Period. The cinematography is absolutely incredible, she looks drop-dead gorgeous, and the video is absolutely breathtaking. The symbolism is quite subtle, but also easy to be picked up. This video is one of the best of the first half of the 90's, and only Madonna could've pulled it off.

quick while my boss isn't looking

Posted Image

#8 -- What It Feels Like For a Girl

Average: 8.95 (.05 better than Rain)

Highest: 10x9 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@kurushitovska, @@angelamanda623, @@Stevo, @@NowRadiate, @@Fighter, @@Dazedmadonna, @@Inco, @@Brendanlovesu1)
Lowest: 7x2 (@@Bel, @Stormbringer)

Bitch went off. This video is so senselessly violent (as opposed to AL's or DAD's symbolic violence). I just love how the old lady just sits there while M literally becomes a bat out of hell. Tasering, running over, squirting with water, robbing, exploding, you name it. I could only dream of an action movie edited like this. And that crash at the end is just UMF.

Rain is a very pretty video but it's pretty much where it belongs, there are better videos. I think Girl Gone Wild will be number one for some reason...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.........

Posted Image

#34 -- Girl Gone Wild

Average: 7.57

Highest: 10x4 (@@Brendanlovesu1, @@kurushitovska, @@Enrico, @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Inco)

Reductive? How about no. She can keep up with the best of them. The best MDNA video without a doubt. Her moves are tight and flawless (the hair bump, however, is not) her choice in Kazaky in the backup dancing was excellent, and her room scenes where she's crawling up the sides like some Exorcist shit is THE shit, tbh.