MadonnaInfinity Videography Rate -- The Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize I gave many videos a 10. But so many videos are so iconic!I remember my school straight friends being horny for LA ISLA BONITA. So long ago!LIKE A VIRGIN. Venice and the gondola, do I need to add more?MATERIAL GIRL comes from a time when people used to have genius ideas when making videos.I WANT YOU is very simple but so beautiful and deep. In my top5.SORRY is probably underrated, more the song than the video, I love the hair and the look but I don't feel the need to watch it often.I started to love DEEPER AND DEEPER when I read the allegorical interpretation in Icon Magazine. But it's not one of my favourites. Not a fan of montages, so EROTICA leaves me cold. On the contrary, I am very sorry that HUMAN NATURE is gone so soon. Simply perfect, ironic, great moves, great photography.

One more thing: I tried to help @@MeantToBeIconic writing the list of the videos and almost every day reminding people to vote updating my profile! Not many people replied but it is not our fault. This time was much faster than the Song Countdown. Many people are more interested in downloading stuff unfortunately..

I gave 1 video 11, 1 video 10 and a handful of videos 9. I'm hard to please/ I have high expectations when it comes to M. I now realise it meant that my points were probably worthless if everyone else was giving 10's out like they were going out of fashion which probably explains why most my favourites were out in the first few rounds lol :p

I gave 1 video 11, 1 video 10 and a handful of videos 9. I'm hard to please/ I have high expectations when it comes to M. I now realise it meant that my points were probably worthless if everyone else was giving 10's out like they were going out of fashion which probably explains why most my favourites were out in the first few rounds lol :p

I thought similar to you. I didn't want to give everything 10 otherwise everything would be joint first place. I think I gave 6 or 7 10s and about the same number of 9s. Lots of 8s and 7s then a few of other numbers.

Erotica should have charted way higher than that.. It's a stunning video

Posted Image

#27 -- I Want You

Average: 7.904 (tied with Sorry)

Highest: 10x5 (@@Primul5, @@Enrico, @@NowRadiate, @@stefo, @GHouse)

Lowest: 4x2 (@@angelamanda623, @@kurushitovska)

Surprised @dazedmadonna isn't on that list. It's a beautifully painful video, and the whole video tells the narrative of the song really well. While it has all that going for it, it does drag on a bit. Ultimately, it's a fantastic video, but not really Top 20 material.

Surprise Posted Image

I absolutely LOVE the song, but the video.. less :)

I'MNOTBUSYATMSOI'LLGIVEYOUANOTHERROUNDREALQUICK

LAST ONE BEFORE TOP 10 WOOH

Posted Image

#19 -- The Power of Goodbye

Average: 8.52

Highest: 11x1 (@@Inco)

Lowest: 6x2 (@@OhMadonna, @@kurushitovska)

Ray of Light really delivered the videos in full force. Each one was its own little masterpiece, and this is no exception. The blue overtone creates the sad atmosphere excellently, and the cinematography and visual is just beautiful.

Posted Image

#18 -- Oh Father

Average: 8.52 (tied with Power of Goodbye)

Highest: 10x7 (@@Dazedmadonna, @GHouse, @@Primul5, @@NowRadiate, @@Enrico, @@OhMadonna, @)

Lowest: 5x2 (@@Gonnabe, @@kurushitovska)

What a fantastic video, especially for the 80's. This plays out fantastically, like a movie... it really was a spectacle to watch, and I knew the legacy before I saw it, and this one still managed to surprise me.

Posted Image

#17 -- Hung Up

Average: 8.57

Highest: 10x4 (@@Primul5, @@kurushitovska, @Stefo, @patrice1711)

Lowest: 6x1 (@@Gonnabe)

As a whole, the Confessions Era spawned my consistently favorite videos, with this one being the absolute best. Channeling the fun her music videos in the 80's were TRYING to portray but still staying modern, this video remains legendary among some of her most notorious videos for the simple reason that this is THAT good.

Posted Image

#16 -- Take a Bow

Average: 8.57 (tied with Hung Up)

Highest: 10x4 (@patrice1711, @Fighter, @@NowRadiate, @@Primul5)
Lowest: 7x4 (@stormbringer, @Brendanlovesu1, @@Inco, @@Gonnabe)

Firstly, she looks absolutely stunning. This video is not what I would've imagined for the song, but it's better, tbh. The video is perhaps the best one of hers for a ballad, and presents the pain in this song in a fantastic way.

Posted Image

#15 -- Open Your Heart

Average: 8.57 (tied with Hung Up and Take a Bow)

Top 5 80's videos EVER. The choreography is insane, and still is as insanely entertaining now as it was then, and the imagery is second to none. I'm just really surprised this isn't in the Top 10, tbh.

Posted Image

#14 -- Ray of Light

Average: 8.62 (finally the ties are over for good)

Highest: 11x1 (@)

Lowest: 6x1 (@Gargamel)

Iconic. Referenced (and made fun of) so many times in pop culture, and for good reason. It's quite the video, and manages to squeeze a lot into 5 minutes. The whole thing is just so silly it makes me smile sooooooooooooooooo wide.

Posted Image

#13 -- Die Another Day

Average: 8.666 (Illuminati confirmed)

Highest: 11x2 (@@Dazedmadonna and I, you bitches)

Lowest: 6x1 (@@OhMadonna)

HOW DARE YOU ROB THIS OF IT'S #1 SPOT. This is the very first Madonna video I ever saw, actually, and it's the one I always come back to. It's literally a 4 minute mega-movie. It just shows so much, and is unapologetically flawless in doing so.

Posted Image

#12 -- Nothing Really Matters

Average: 8.71

Highest: 11x1 (@Stevo)
Lowest: 5x1 (@@OhMadonna)
Honesty Hour: I didn't know this song had a video lol. When I watched it for this countdown, I was completely awe struck with this video. It's ballsy, artsy, FXy, and an all-around visual masterpiece. 10/10

Posted Image

#11 -- Bad Girl

Average: 8.76

Highest: 10x11 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@Enrico, @stormbringer, @@Primul5, @Stefo, @@NowRadiate, @, @Gargamel, @Brendanlovesu1, @GHouse, @patrice1711)
Lowest: 3x1!!!!! (@@kurushitovska)

WHAT. A. VIDEO. I don't even know where to begin. The narrative in this video is just unreal, and the entirety of the video is just such a gorgeously tragic epic of the character portrayed in the song. How this didn't make top 10 with ELEVEN 10S is beyond me, but this one undoubtedly deserves it.

And with that, say hello to your Top 10!!

WIFLFAG
Vogue
Rain
Like a Prayer
Justify My Love
Ghosttown
Frozen
Express Yourself
Bedtime Story
American Life (Original)

Start placing your bets now, it's going to get ugly.

Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards  MeantToBeIconic  :kiss: 

Die Another Day should have been #1, so amazing, beautifully made.

Oh Father and Bad Girl should have entered Top 10, very sad. @@kurushitovska I love you but you gave BG a 3 and OF a 5, I will never forgive you.

Posted Image

Anyway..  rooting for Bedtime Story for either Top 3 or #1, what a masterpiece.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

All these last videos are great. 3 of my top 10 (Ray Of Light, Die Another Day & Nothing Really Matters) bit the dust though :-(Still the top 10 has 7 of my top 10 so i'm pretty happy.I just have to say I gave ROL and Die Another Day 9's, when i think i should have given them 10s and they actually should have made my top 5 (ROL was #10 and DAD #9). I probably should have given a few 8 pointers 9s instead too, but oh well.For Me, I was 16 when the Ray Of Light album came out, and as @@MeantToBeIconic said, each video was on point. I remember seeing ROL loads on MTV and being really blown away. I don't think i'd seen a video like that before. I also remember thinking she looked sexy in the denim get up and less over the top look.Die Another Day is like a mini movie. You can tell a lot of time and effort went into making it and it totally pays off. It's a sensational video.My number one video, Nothing Really Matters.... To be fair, my number one video could be any of my top 3 on any day (and probably my top 5 if i'd been fairer on ROL and DAD). I love the look, the cinematography, the video effects and the quirky dancing (e.g. i really like the miming of drinking a cup of tea lol). That gif that @@MeantToBeIconic used illustrates the point perfectly- that momentary flip of the camera is genius and innovative.

I'm gonna say this.....I think Vogue might win, but i don't want it to. I gave it a 10. It's an iconic, sexy, glitzy and glamorous video there's no denying, but it's not in my top 5. Even though i gave it a 10 I REALLY hope it doesn't get the #1 slot. There's more deserving winners IMO.With NRM gone, i want one of my new top 4 to get the #1.

1. Frozen2. Bedtime Story3. Like A Prayer 3. WIFLFAGI can't decide between LAP & WIFLFAG which is better

I'll start by saying that all of the videos of this round should've ranked higher, you know it's true.

The Power Of Good-Bye* it's such a fantastic music video, it portrays really well the theme of the song and not to mention that Madonna looks really beautiful. The same case with Oh Father, beautiful display of the song, a reminder of the great team that were M and David Fincher. Hung Up, Take A Bow and Open Your Heart are really great and very entertaining, they get better each time you watch them.

Ray Of Light*, oh my God, my all time favorite! Every single thing about it it's incredibly perfect; it goes really well with the song, visually attractive, the club scenes are awesome, it starts in the morning and ends in the night and M looks soooo beautiful and fit with that hairstyle and the denim jacket and jeans. I used to refer to this video as ''el vídeo de la muchacha que baila por el mundo''  :Madonna006:

We have Die Another Day. Like other users have stated, it is indeed a mini-movie. Hands down, the best music video ever done for a James Bond song (in tie with Garbage's The World Is Not Enough) because it goes further than just including movie references like the famous gun barrel sequence. It's way too entertaining and fun, like you wanna have a bowl of popcorn while watching it.

I don't understand why people tend to hate or overlook Nothing Really Matters, I believe it is one of her best videos to date and it looks that she had a great time shooting it. It is fun and spontaneous but it's also very symbolic, I think it was a good way to end the ROL era.

And then, Bad Girl. A masterpiece. I remember the first time I watched, I was so stunned by its magnificence but at the same time sad because of how the story ended. Sadly enough, this was the last colab between Fincher and M, I hope they get back together!

*As weird/funny it might sound, my mom and a friend of hers got M haircuts around 00-01. My mom had the exact same haircut from TPOG and her friend the one from ROL (although she was a redhead)

I hope Like A Prayer wins. To this day the video is so good that people interpret it in a multitude of ways depending on what they want to see, that's art. It's controversial and it's not controversial at all, depending solely on your eyes....

It's not that visually appealing (visuals are very 80s) but it's the themes that make it so important.

Bedtime Story is one of my favourites, but I do feel parts of it are a little dated / imperfect.

I guess Vogue might win but hopefully people will look past the glamour for once... lol although its one of her best in technical terms along with Express Yourself, which is also great. EY actually might be better though. It's just more meaningful and it's done in the perfect way.