"Immaculate Collection": Which track would you have replaced?

Holger

And that's why it is impossible to deny that Madonna was at the top of her game in the 80s. Her first greatest hits compilation HAD to omit some great tracks because almost all of them were hits one way or another. This phenomenon was only interrupted by the ballad Oh Father which didn't seem to get the general public's attention. I wouldn't dare replace any of the tracks included on the album simply because they're perfect the way the are and represent Madonna's evolution during the decade with such tenacity and detail  :)

• 3 months later...

For me, no tracks should be removed but back then they could only fit 74 minutes on a CD instead of 80. By today's standards an extra track could have been included to make for an 18 track line up. My wish would have been for "Dress You Up" to be included. It is the only track that I miss from the complication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah....... Dress You Up is essential Madonna.  If I had to replace one track I'd replace Rescue Me only cuz its just not as strong as all the others. I love it too though. 

For me, no tracks should be removed but back then they could only fit 74 minutes on a CD instead of 80. By today's standards an extra track could have been included to make for an 18 track line up. My wish would have been for "Dress You Up" to be included. It is the only track that I miss from the complication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the only missed song from that era was "Dress you up". At least "Who's that girl" and "Causing a commotion" were included on "The holiday collection" CD. Even "Spotlight" was the b-side of "Rescue me".

I love the álbum and I prefer other songs that are not included than songs that were included (yeah, I love "Gambler" and "Everybody") but I have to admit that they made a great selection. Maybe, as some said, "Who's that girl" instead of "Cherish" but (for me) "Cherish" is one of her best songs of the 80s.

Personally, the only thing I would change would be removing that awful dance remix of Like a Prayer. Shep quite honestly ruined the amazing original and it#s a shame that it ended up being the version included on this collection. Live to Tell should have also been edited in order to make room for True Blue or maybe include Q-Sound Remixes of True Blue, Dress You Up, Who's That Girl and Causing a Commotion on the 4 singles they released for TIC.

The melody of Cherish is great though! Laid back and playful and I love how the beginning of one line is the rhyme for the end of the line before it. 

I was never satisfied with

casual encounters I ....

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

No question, Cherish gets the boot for Who's That Girl because well it's so bad.  :angel:

The melody of Cherish is great though! Laid back and playful and I love how the beginning of one line is the rhyme for the end of the line before it. 

I was never satisfied with

casual encounters I ....

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

It's so bad I love the cheesy stuff on True Blue but that and Dear Jessie. I'm not much a fan of LAP - there is that stuff and rest is just so mature even for her at this age now. The remastered version does so many favors to the album but it's so dated and so overrated. 

giphy.gif

Personally, the only thing I would change would be removing that awful dance remix of Like a Prayer. Shep quite honestly ruined the amazing original and it#s a shame that it ended up being the version included on this collection.

Shep might have created the remix but it's Madonna's fault for ignoring the original version and always performing this "dance and sing" rendition live that has little to do with the mood and the meaning of the album version.

it's actually unbelievable that the album version made it onto Celebration.

Boring retort; must concur w/ fellow Madonna fans; expressing Her Immaculate Collection is sublime @ is. Will go a step further expressing one of the best greatest hits compilations in musical memory. Would be intriguing if Madonna and her team would have divided the Immaculate Collection into a two album masterpiece. Her 80's discography is mind-boggling good :smile:  :party: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Immacualte+Remixes+by+Twenty5More.jpg

the_immaculate_collection_by_ciorkine-d3

madonna-The-Immaculate-Collection-cd-cov

MI0002822220.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Personally, the only thing I would change would be removing that awful dance remix of Like a Prayer. Shep quite honestly ruined the amazing original and it#s a shame that it ended up being the version included on this collection.

I have to say the IC version of Like A Prayer is my favourite mix. I absolutely love it :)

Shep might have created the remix but it's Madonna's fault for ignoring the original version and always performing this "dance and sing" rendition live that has little to do with the mood and the meaning of the album version.

it's actually unbelievable that the album version made it onto Celebration.

I agree 100%. I like the remix in it's own right and as far as remixes go, I think it's great. But compared to the album version, there's no competition - the album version wins hands down.

I feel the same about Express Yourself. The mixes are fantastic ('specially Shep's 'spressin' himself Re-Remix) but I really much prefer the album version. It's got this great funk vibe unlike any of her other songs and she totally ignores it 😔. Those horns deserve to be heard. The extended remix is an improved version of the album version I guess, as it has the addition of the strings.

I'd love to hear her perform it live more inspired by the original version than Shep P mix really....

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered when did she find time to record 2 new songs for this ? She finished the tour in August - did the MTV awards in September then must have been working on Truth or dare straight away ? Also did any other songs get recorded but not released ? Maybe Get Over was one track ? I wonder when she recorded rescue me ? I love that track so much ;))

• 7 months later...

Take out nothing; just edit to shorten some of the included songs, remix 'True Blue' and 'Who's That Girl?' to fit in the overall sound of the album, cram them in, and that's it!

I also prefer on my edition the slightly remixed version of 'Like a Prayer' that was available on some kind of Japanese 7" singles.