53 members voted

1. 1. Fav?

• Gang Bang
    • Some Girls
    • I'm a Sinner
    • Love Spent
    • Masterpiece
    • Falling Free

So noticted many people having Some Girls on their worst list and this is sad to me.  :suffer: It's such pop brilliance with the Orbit and Robyn's collaborator. So I was just wondering what is your favorite of the cuts? I know they get more slack than his previous work and there is one I can say for sure - I'm a Sinner is a ROL revisit that should be hidden. Sorry make that two Masterpiece is sooooooooo boring.

Guest LaraCroft

I actually like Masterpiece... haha. But i voted for Love Spent its one of the best cuts from the album for me.

01. Gang Bang

02. Love Spent (the autotuned vocals are annoying asf but the sang is nice)

03. Falling Free

04. Masterpiece

05. I'm A Sinner

06. Some Girls

I like them all tho, some of them aren't groundbreaking but certainly better than other stuff in the album.

Some Girls, is that even a song? What's the point? Sirens and bad rhymes, I bet it took them 2 hours to write and record. Now it just sounds like a BIM draft with way too much going on. Really I don't understand how record execs let them put that on an album.

Gang Bang and Love Spent are good tracks, but Orbit production is really not my taste. The guy can be so subtle and fun, and there NO. Lady Gaga was too much on their mind at that time, they tried to beat her at her game but it was too late and they bring nothing new. They were good numbers on the MDNA Tour though.

I'm a Sinner, Masterpiece, Falling Free are the best songs here, not very original, more radio friendly probably.

I used to love I'm a Sinner because it reminded me so much of Beautiful Stranger which I loved back then. Now I couldn't care less for this song.

Masterpiece is OK, but I will never understand the production choices they made and why they ditched the orchestral arrangements, such a waste. And I really think the lyrics are dreadful.

I voted Falling Free because the production is quality, anything that Joe Henry touches is gold, M's vocals are great and it's a nice way to finish the album. Nice poetry.

Some Girls, is that even a song? What's the point? Sirens and bad rhymes, I bet it took them 2 hours to write and record. Now it just sounds like a BIM draft with way too much going on. Really I don't understand how record execs let them put that on an album.

Posted Image

I guess there are no Robyn fans around here seeing as he produced nearly entire Robyn album and Body Talk series. Some Girl is just sonically fun  - I love the dirty lyrics hidden in the mix and you made Jem cry!

Posted Image

I guess there are no Robyn fans around here seeing as he produced nearly entire Robyn album and Body Talk series. Some Girl is just sonically fun  - I love the dirty lyrics hidden in the mix and you made Jem cry!

Sorry about that.

Robyn is non existant to me. Never got what that girl had, apart from her annoying voice ;-)

In my opinion, William should have been the only producer on MDNA. Solveig's songs are the weakest not just in terms of production but also in the lyrics department. I mean, I get Madonna wanted to do something laidback and fun but after 3 years I can totally see why fans didn't like the project at all. When the album came out I became obsessed only because we hadn't got any new Madonna music since 2009!

01. Gang Bang02. Love Spent (the autotuned vocals are annoying asf but the sang is nice.

True. Especially on the acoustic version, there is way to much phased vocals and reverb so it doesn't sound truly acoustic to me. If they'd pulled back on the effects on the acoustic version, it would have been fantastic. Instead it's just very good.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm A Sinner

The poll is quite misleading though as Orbit barely had anything to do with Masterpiece.

Gang Bang, Some Girls & Love Spent were co-produced by other people who seemed to have more input on the final versions than Orbit himself...

I love Robyn - she's great! Some girls doesn't have the catchy melodies Robyn churns out.

Of the Orbit MDNA tracks:

Love Spent and Falling Free are just beautiful.

Gang Bang is great but haven't proactively listened to it since 2013.

There are significantly worse songs on MDNA than the remaining Orbit tracks but these Orbit tracks are unmemorable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some Girls was a Femme Fatale reject.

Klas Ahlund co-wrote Britney's Piece Of Me on Blackout and in 2009 Orbit said Madonna had wanted that sound for herself (when he submitted demos for Celebration) so it was logical she would record it...