Madonna Live in Miami December 2, 2016

Future Lover

Oh man when she took a sip of water in EY I heard that DREADFUL "man-voice lowered key Madonna" they use in tour studio versions. Gave me shivers. I don't know why she bothers using that backing vocal. For one, she doesn't need it. And two, she has backup singers. So strange. I hope she takes care of her voice today, poor thing. Must have been dry as fuck in there.

I thought she sounded great. But the backing tracks bothered me a bit, were they just for the live stream or were they actually played on the show that loudly? she needs better arrangements, her band is just there to play a few chords in the background here and there. Im so happy with her costumes, they were much more sophisticated.

Please don't judge me immediately, I loved the show and the event, I just want to share a thought and I'm not sure about the answer, that is why I want to share it with you...

I have this strange feeling, that although it's for a good cause, with money you can buy everything, even a trip with Madonna.

Sometimes I read it as an apology of money, I don't know why. I really believe in the honesty of the mission!! I even partecipated and gave money!!

I am not rich, I am not poor either, but if I were M I would give one extra fan the opportunity to be randomly chosen to go to Malawi with her.

They were generous to stream the event and to give away tickets. I notices some bad comments on guy Oseary's IG page, regarding the same fans being always on front row: are they superrich? Or are they known and invited all the time? Does anyone know?

She is not off key at all (except for a few notes), she was not modulating her voice, wich is very different

Come on! As much as we love her, you have to admit she was almost a semitone down in American Life (in the chorus of course)! Her pitch is always going down! She can't sustain the sound properly!

Still, to me, the worse thing is the album backing track and the backup singers and musicians not doing their work!

Thanks for all the posts and D/L links @@groovyguy, our very own Lucky Star .

You're welcome, Stevo!

And thanks to  rebelheart29 for also posting the FB Live Stream link @ http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/public/style_images/master/icon_share.png  :kiss:  :heart:

We posted the same link at the same time.  :wink:

And thanks to danMfan for his awesome IG & Twitter links.  :heart:  :kiss:

Come on! As much as we love her, you have to admit she was almost a semitone down in American Life (in the chorus of course)! Her pitch is always going down! She can't sustain the sound properly!

Still, to me, the worse thing is the album backing track and the backup singers and musicians not doing their work!

its not really their fault if the musical direction is not more inventive. Im sad she didnt do Mer Girl tho it was so wonderful on TOAC 1 and one of the most inventive arrangements in recent years.

its not really their fault if the musical direction is not more inventive. Im sad she didnt do Mer Girl tho it was so wonderful on TOAC 1 and one of the most inventive arrangements in recent years.

Totally agree!

Yet the spirit and the theme of the evening were slightly different, it would suit less in the setlist...

Signing notes down does not mean being off key

Signing notes down does not mean being off key

off-key adverb uk ​ /ˌɒfˈkiË/ us ​ /ˌɑËfˈkiË/

​If you sing or play music off-key, you produce notes that are slightly higher or lower than they should be.

Worst example from Madonna, as far as I know, is:

(I actually used passages 1'23'' and 3'05'' in singing lessons to explain what singing off key means)

off-key adverb uk ​ /ˌɒfˈkiË/ us ​ /ˌɑËfˈkiË/

​If you sing or play music off-key, you produce notes that are slightly higher or lower than they should be.

The same song can be sung higher or lower and stay as it "should be", is like various singer with different voice tones sing the same song,does not mean that someone is doing it wrong or off-key. Obviusly Madonna's voice changed in 12 years.

The same song can be sung higher or lower and stay as it "should be", is like various singer with different voice tones sing the same song,does not mean that someone is doing it wrong or off-key. Obviusly Madonna's voice changed in 12 years.

I'm sorry, probably it's my bad English, but we are not talking about changing key or adjusting to a different key.

For instance if Madonna sings Borderline at Fallon's in a lower key this is not a problem (although the song does not sound the same, as many noticed), same for Like a virgin (the album original is even too high!) or Express Yourself last night.

Here the key is chosen but she is not singing in the proper pitch, out of tune, just a little bit higher of lower. I put a better example in my previous post with You must love me in S&S.

But then we should stop talking about this, because I don't think the others are much interested... Although the Madonna singing live topic is very popular around here!

Once again I totally agree!!

She has never been very good in this, but her voice... you can recognize her in a million, she's special :Madonna006:

I think the problem with her tone comes from her ear rather than her not being capable, cos it's not strained, just slightly off. But really its whateva. I think when she sings her voice is like nothing else, I like her mature voice much more than when she was in her 20s tbh.

Agree, she has learned to use what nature gave her, and most of the time she does it great. The only thing I miss of the young Madonna is the high energy of her vocals, she had this strange weird and a little unpleasant voice, and she shouted instead of singing, but somehow it sounded very natural, and it gave so much strenght to her performances.

Here comes the hate for saying she's ashamed of being american  :hearno:  :hearno:  :hearno:

Ugh, yes, that. I usually stay off of the comment section of any note or article about M on the web. That section is where you can make an idea of the mess between the limits of the dislike for an artist and the plain stupidity  :Madonna002: