NEW M HARPER'S BAZAAR COVER AND SHOOT

stefo

I'm passing out here!! :heart: :heart: :heart::hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: Best photo shoot in aaaages!!! I'd kill for an album cover like this!!!

uhJoPP_4ctQ.jpg

Seriously!!!

This is why I just don't get it.

The Best and inspiring concept for magazine then average let down concept for Album and Music video.

I just don't get it. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This should be Next album cover!!

Period.

Such a classic, natural, timeless, powerful, Iconic and it's just screaming Madonna herself!

The One and only Queen of Pop!!!

The photoshoot is AMAZING. But I also have to point out that I dont understand why we get incredible imagery and shoots in between albums and then uninspired shoots for her albums. I dont get it. It happened for her last three albums. But whatever we get im happy lol

That's exactly what' I'm trying to talking about. 

The photoshoot is AMAZING. But I also have to point out that I dont understand why we get incredible imagery and shoots in between albums and then uninspired shoots for her albums. I dont get it. It happened for her last three albums. But whatever we get im happy lol

i guess it's because if the shoot is initiated by a mag or some kind of brand, the mag/brand will provide a larger budget than madonna/her team/company wants to dish out.

i guess it's because if the shoot is initiated by a mag or some kind of brand, the mag/brand will provide a larger budget than madonna/her team/company wants to dish out.

Yeah, I think you're right. Also, maybe the creative or narrative for this and other magazine shoots is determined by each particular magazine or the photographer hired for the shoots by the magazines?

I don't know, but maybe for her own albums she has her own creative director/team who come up with the concept for the album shoots. I'd guess M has a lot of input into the creativity of her own album shoots via collaboration with her own team. She can exert more control or influence over her own teams and maybe override ideas that they come up with, possibly.

For magazine shoots, I would only guess that maybe she takes a backseat creativity-wise, to go with the vision or theme which the magazine or photographer have as she is the talent for the shoot but not in charge. The magazines will know the kind of shoots or stylings/looks that work for their particular magazine I guess.

Maybe she should out source creativity because like @@Fighter said her recent album photoshoots aren't as strong as magazine shoots. And we can't judge the RHT live album yet (if there will be one), but the S&ST and MDNAT album/DVD covers were shit TBH.

And, I don't need to say it really (as it's obvious and everyone's already said it), but yes, she looks awesome. Very glamorous, sultry and beautiful. I dunno it kind of reminds me slightly of a continuation of the Re-invent tour/X-static process shoot...

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think you're right. Also, maybe the creative or narrative for this and other magazine shoots is determined by each particular magazine or the photographer hired for the shoots by the magazines?

RG: My editor at Harper's Bazaar told me that you read an excerpt from The Beautiful and Damned for a video that you did for the magazine. I was curious as to why you chose that book

But it seems like this photo shoot's concept is determined by Madonna herself. Madonna read book "The beautiful and Damned" which story about early 1920~30's rich people's life. And this photo shoot is all about  20s~30s glamorous style.

RG: My editor at Harper's Bazaar told me that you read an excerpt from The Beautiful and Damned for a video that you did for the magazine. I was curious as to why you chose that book

But it seems like this photo shoot's concept is determined by Madonna herself. Madonna read book "The beautiful and Damned" which story about early 1920~30's rich people's life. And this photo shoot is all about 20s~30s glamorous style.

Yeah, fair point. I may have overlooked that for this shoot ha ha ha

My point may still stand for other magazine shoots though, but at the end of the day she looks hot in this!

It's not how you get there, but the end result that matters. The end result is She looks almost flawless (except that one picture with the illusion of no teeth - which i only noticed after otgers mentioned it lol).

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

As if she doesn't have enough money to spend on a great shoot for an album cover......!! She definitely does.... I'd actually be very happy if she said way in advance that this (the colour one) will be her album cover. That would really be something to look forward to. My God, we get stunning photo shoots and half assed album covers.... :thinker: (except for the 80s and 90s covers and Music)

As if she doesn't have enough money to spend on a great shoot for an album cover......!! She definitely does.... I'd actually be very happy if she said way in advance that this (the colour one) will be her album cover. That would really be something to look forward to. My God, we get stunning photo shoots and half assed album covers.... :thinker: (except for the 80s and 90s covers and Music)

I think the budget always comes from the people she's working with, and Interscope aren't the best from what I've seen with several artists they have. I feel like Warner always made sure her stuff was put together, they always knew the potential and helped her get to the finish line, Interscope not so much. I may be wrong but that's what I think.

What I find odd is the fact that in this (a little ripetitive - may I say it? :silly: ) interview she presents her next movie project but still doesn't mention anything about the release date for the Rebel Heart Tour dvd ... I mean, I was expecting something like "next spring" (or even summer). I'm afraid we're gonna have to wait