Do you consider I'm Breathless a proper album or side project?

Headless.Headphones

I finally got my hands on the sealed vinyl and CD. I love this Soundtrack. Probably I like this kind of music.

I wouldn't count I'm Breathless as one of her "main" albums. But also not as just a side project.

For me it's like a Madonna album that wasn't made for the whole publicity imo.

Something like a B-Side or something that is just known by Fans. Idk.

It's Not Even listed in Wikipedia at some points.

As a fan I consider it as a regular release next to LAP and the BAT.

I never understand why it is considered a soundrack while it only feature three songs from the movie but it includes VOGUE!

It's like saying that the La isla bonita Japanese single is a side project because it includes Crazy for you and Gambler.

The Dick Tracy soundtrack is a totally different album.

Madonna has a wonderful collection of albums that are always different: is there any musical similarity between True Blue, Erotica, American Life and Hard Candy? So why shouldn't I'm Breathless be in the list? Yet neither Warner considers it a proper album...

When ranking albums in forums I never put this album in with them but also always considered it a proper album, unlike Who's That Girl (three songs all amazing) but the rest isn't her same with The Next Best Thing. I think Who's That Girl is her best soundtrack work along with Die Another Day. DAD - I feel bad for her because it was the worst bond movie and totally not logical but she didn't know at the time and when compared to most of her acting roles: wasn't half bad (went back to Dick Tracy with rose colored glasses because she was a wooden as pinocchio lol). But DAD was such a genius Bond song and I mean it!

But back to the soundtrack it was actually my friends favorite album growing up; for the longest time didn't really do anything for me but aside from Banana it's pretty solid. Back in Business came on shuffle yesterday and was like this is a jam! along with More, He's a Man, Now I'm Following You Part 2 and Vogue being epic finale.

I never understand why it is considered a soundrack while it only feature three songs from the movie but it includes VOGUE!

It's like saying that the La isla bonita Japanese single is a side project because it includes Crazy for you and Gambler.

The Dick Tracy soundtrack is a totally different album.

Madonna has a wonderful collection of albums that are always different: is there any musical similarity between True Blue, Erotica, American Life and Hard Candy? So why shouldn't I'm Breathless be in the list? Yet neither Warner considers it a proper album...

Its not considered a soundtrack, the full title is "I'm Breathless: Music From & Inspired by the film Dick Tracy"

Seeing that Madonna is on every track, its a Madonna album.  I suppose it could be considered a concept album in a way?

Proper album. It is not a soundtrack. I mean. it is clearly written on the cover itself that the album was inspired by the movie. I remember when it was first released. I was blown away by how different she sounded, her vocals are quite impressive all through.  Shows that she could have done broadway if she wanted to. I bet that if it had no ties to the actual movie, people would have seen it as any other album she had released. 

Its not considered a soundtrack, the full title is "I'm Breathless: Music From & Inspired by the film Dick Tracy"

Seeing that Madonna is on every track, its a Madonna album. I suppose it could be considered a concept album in a way?

I agree.

As @@BringUrLUV says, on the cover it says "Music from and Inspired by the Film Dick Tracy". So yes, it is a Madonna album, it's got her name on it, but not a studio/regular Madonna album and it's not a soundtrack either. It's something in between i guess.

Though i can't decide if it's a concept album or something different again, like an EP but longer. It kind of reminds me of Remixed and Revisited because it seems to be a mix of ideas: some songs from the film, others that aren't but are inspired by the film, and one (Vogue) which sounds out of place on it, IMO anyway, as it was tagged on the end to increase sales. R&R was a bit random and confusing for me, but atleast with IB there is a theme to it (except Vogue).

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Oh and actually the one release i literally never download, listen to but did back in the day Evita, although for a movie with like lines it was such a well done film. I've discovered I am not a big fan of the musical but there are exceptions but mostly everything since makes me ill - even Tim Burton did it so it happens. Don't get me started on Mamma Mia!

Oh and actually the one release i literally never download, listen to but did back in the day Evita, although for a movie with like lines it was such a well done film. I've discovered I am not a big fan of the musical but there are exceptions but mostly everything since makes me ill - even Tim Burton did it so it happens. Don't get me started on Mamma Mia!

I hate musicals too.

@@Headless.Headphones The only musical I didn't hate was Cabaret and that's purely because the reason for the songs is that she's a performer singing on stage, she doesn't just randomly break out into song while walking on the streets and stuff. :laughing:

What do I like does Mary Poppins count? Grease is ok and the music of Rocky Horror is amazing song writing! and got an HD copy of La la Land because Ryan is a sex god and didn't get even 20 mins in but might try again.

What do I like does Mary Poppins count? Grease is ok and the music of Rocky Horror is amazing song writing! and got an HD copy of La la Land because Ryan is a sex god and didn't get even 20 mins in but might try again.

I don't like any kids films tbh. I hated Grease and Rocky Horror. I've never heard of La La Land but I really don't keep up with new film releases, they're usually overdone and unoriginal now, is that new?

I'm Breathless isn't officially classed as a studio album, that Complete Studio Albums 1983-2012 didn't include it either. It's like an extended soundtrack (the other soundtrack album is probably just the score), and it had Vogue tacked onto the end of it to secure one more huge hit and music video in time for The Immaculate Collection to have 15 huge hits on it, tbh.