Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

I have to say that these remixes have taken all the heart and soul out of Ghosttown...it was fine with Living For Love, it was defiant and 'up' and could translate to the clubby high energy sound without losing too much, people wanted to dance to it. But I miss those more respectful subtle remixes of the Ray Of Light days- by the way I'm not another fan longing for the Ray Of Light days, but the remix/remixers choices were more respectful to the track that they were remixing and so something more interesting and original came out of the process, keeping with the sentiment...Stereo MC’s for Frozen, BT & Sasha's mix of Drowned World or Kruder & Dorfmeister's epic treatment for Nothing Really Matters...even some of the remixes for Confessions were interesting and not generic sounding, getting the actual producer to extend or add to the original song or picking a remixer that would surprise or challenge (I sometimes listen to those CD singles more than the actual album versions). Imagine a great big dark brooding remix for Ghosttown that is gothic in sound and builds to a triumphant chorus...not something the clubs will play, but that will spook the hell out of your speakers at home and you will listen to more than once.

Guest madonner

All remixes in vk are 128 kbps, but it's better than youtube rip

Yes, it seems that they come from a different source, they are not You Tube rips. Aside from that, DJ Mike Cruz NYC Club posted on VK clocks at 10:01, while on YT it's 9:35 and it seems cut, right?

I wish someone would explain to me what the point of putting free remixes on youtube is. 4,000 views isn't exactly impactful in any way shape or form?? hell, at least soundcloud would make some sense :confused:

But they would all count as the single. I forget the number of views it needs to have but it'll equate into a sale for Billboard charts.

Cindy, tell him that he is delusional . remixes sucks, all of them ;) once you hear paper faces mix or headclnr etc, all this junk is just junk. i envy anyone who enjoy these, because i wish to have bunch of version i can enjoy tooz.

Don Diablo dutch dj is interviewed on RTL late night dutch tv show and talk About the remix of Madonna , that madonna found it the best remix of gosthtownPosted Imageimage.jpg

I'm kinda pissed her team is slow with getting the single out as a digital and physical release. And they should have done a simultaneous relase of the remixes on YouTube and iTunes. A majority of the fans will buy the remix EP and then at least having the songs or even snippets on YouTube people who might just know the song might stumble upon them on YouTube.

But they would all count as the single. I forget the number of views it needs to have but it'll equate into a sale for Billboard charts.

If we're lucky they'll end up with 50,000 views on Youtube a month from now. Not sure why they're giving away these remixes for nothing in return. 

Who goes to listen to remixes on Youtube anyway? Spotify? Tidal? the irony is real.

The remixes are indeed dreadful. Remixing Ghosttown takes skills.Come on Madonna, you're one of the richest people in music, spend some money on talented remixers. Take some chances like you used to!These remixes are like awful fan mixes, as a matter of fact I'm sure some of them used to put out fan remixes.