Coachella 2015: Madonna performs with Drake and makes out

Yung Rapunxel

I liked the Fallon show overall… I just thought that the stand-up was not funny in the slightest. I have read a few different takes on her stand-up performance, but the 'jokes' simply did not exist. She was just saying stuff with no real punchline. Then saying 'It's funny!' - you shouldn't need to tell the audience that. I do not buy that it was a satirical stand-up performance - she was trying to do it properly i think. I know this was her first crack at it, but she simply did not prepare proper material. Her topics were great and could have made comedy gold with some tweaks. It's as though we should find it funny because her yes men find it funny. Again, I really do admire her guts and the fact she gave it a go. I'd love to see her at it again with a properly prepared script :-)

The punchline was "it's funny!". From the first moment it was about being awkward. Just like when Sarah Silverman makes a gesture signaling editors to cut one of her jokes - it's funny.

Bottom line I can't see how she bombed, when people were laughing. That's the point of stand up comedy. It's not about the jokes, but about making the audience laugh.

Punch Line is clearly "You have so many of them, did you know the guy?"

Funny thing is so many young people didn't get that punch line.

And that's the one of proof that Madonna's point is right.

The point is Most ignorant people are the one most show them off.

And her second punch Line is "I just want to say there is an upside to dating younger guys and that is, they are really good with phones"

some ignorant young people laughing at her because of that failing of meerkat thing. 

And they think that they are smarter than Her.

But funny thing is they even do not know who the Andy Warhol, Leonardo Da Vinci, and they even think that Picasso is the one draw Mona Lisa.

But they still think that they are the smarter one because they are good at with some stupid smart phone app.

Most funny thing (The Best Punch Line) is watching these young ignorant people's confused face.

And listening this line "oh i know who is Andy Warhol I'm smart! but still Madonna's stand up comedy is not funny!"

they should try harder. Because if they try harder then it's more funnier to watch them. LOL

Well that performance was soooooooooo boring omg. I loved her at jimmy fallon but coachella why would anyone sing hung up that didnt fit when she has tons of new songs and big as m would have fit bitch im m way better. Overall get that fucking grillz out and behave not like 56 but like an adult. Basicccc? I would gave asked my mum if shes insane with that fucking grillz

There are different things at play here. Apart from finding another side to this ageist stick which is used to beat a female pop star of a certain age, we've also got a clash of someone who's considered a "credible" artist and a performer who will always be seen by many as nothing more than a disco bunny who slept her way to the top.

What a load of crap. I watched the performance before these hideous headlines started appearing and I didn't see anything wrong with it - it was fun, it was messy, it was Coachella for heaven's sake. Not for one second did it occur to me that it could be interpreted the way it has been. 

I'm disgusted. People should go and look in their own fucking mirrors. For a generation which has our own cameras pointed at our very own faces 24/7 we surely spend very little time self-reflecting and self-examining. Judgement and faux-outrage is way cooler. Pass me the bucket...

She seems still angry and pissed about it juding by her posts on IG, more than she was for the leaks :stare:

ugh, I hope she doesn't read too much of those nasty comments :suffer:

Well, I politely disagree with this comment. 

To me it seems like she is enjoying this controversial and use it as a huge free headline publicity.

She is probably laughing at people right now, something like this 

"Oh keep going on and keep talking about it, And by the way thank you about free publicity, you morons. LOL"

It's not because she's being criticised – go ahead and slam the album or her performance on its merits. It's because so many of the criticisms come packaged in the idea that she's done something wrong by even trying. By putting herself out there – at her age. You don't find that same under-or-overtone when it comes to blokes doing the same thing. Tom Jones released Sex Bomb when he was 58; Rod Stewart's concerts can feel like being in the steam room with him and his latest bevy of on-stage beauties; Mick Jagger may be doing it in private, but the 71-year-old is currently kissing a 27-year-old ballerina.

But Madonna has breasts, and they're not as perky as they once were… so: everyone attack her for having fun!