Madame X Tour | Chicago

SecretProject

38 minutes ago, madenis said:

You have nothing to judge the show lol. some pics or extracts. But nothing to judge a whole show.

AND YES, you need to be present to feel the show, the message, the atmosphere. 

It's funny how you try to show you as superior and more intelligent than the others.

Two choices in your wonderful brain :

be an ass kisser (or be paid) as the one who likes the show.

- be a free thinker as the one who criticize the show.

= BASIC TROLL SPEECH

(BTW, even Rolling Stone has given a great review of the tour whereas they haven't liked the album. Why does her team would pay for a tour review but not for an album review ?)

Preach it!  I finally put this negative Nancy on ignore.  Yeah, he might be a fan, but he spends way too much time dissecting the negatives and a lot of it is based on hearsay or very little he actually knows.  Take it from me, it's not worth arguing with him. He'll keep using that "basic troll speech" as you stated and the moment someone pounces too hard on him, he'll cry foul and act like he's being picked on.

Look, I'm all for an objective opinion whether it's negative or positive, but when someone spends most of their time nitpicking the negatives (based on hearsay), maybe it's time to back off and find something they may actually appreciate, rather continuously running the same negatives in the ground. 

We all agree the shows are quite expensive. We all agree that she's ridiculously late.  We all know the show doesn't have the same high caliber that an arena or stadium tour has.  We know all this.  But it's not supposed to be the same bells and whistles of an arena tour.  It's supposed to be a more low key show.  I totally agree with everyone who says; it's quite peculiar the negatives are coming from those who haven't even gone to the show, while those who all went pretty much praise it. 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Winn said:

I just got back home from Chicago. I adore this tour. She was fantastic. The show looked sold out, including the balcony because I checked. There was no moving people around.

The tour costumes are gorgeous, including the intro George Washington which a lot of ppl don't seem to dig. After LAP a lot of people left and I was able to get pretty close to the stage. She walked right past me as she walked through the audience and left! She looks much bigger on stage, a commanding presence, but when she walks right past you can see how tiny she is lol.

When she did the hand stand during Human Nature the audience really cheered. She was having some technical difficulties with the door to the circle and said goddamit as she closed it lol. I really enjoyed American Life too. She was doing some kind of dancing move of crossing her arms into an X. She didn't dance as much as usual but when she did, like during Crave, she was so good. A seasoned professional live performer in every sense. I'm rambling now but just wanna say if people are getting you down about this tour... DON'T. It is very unique and special. People are bringing stacks of cash for the Polariod for pete's sake. She knows what she's doing. The tour is a success and I think could very well go down as one of the best Madonna experiences a fan could have.

1 hour ago, Winn said:

I've left so much out because I'm exhausted. This is my 6th time seeing her too, I've been going to her tours since Who's That Girl. The intimate nature of this one just puts it on another level.

I'm jealous of everyone going to the future shows. I wish it was me! I wanna go to them all!

1 hour ago, Winn said:

Frozen was excellent and I was skeptical because I remember the days, like a lot of us do, where the video would've been of her not someone else. But since this song is about loving someone else and the video is who she is singing to, it makes sense that video is of Lola. It was a beautiful performance. It looked like Madonna was floating in the air.

My favorite is God Control. I also liked I Rise because I was so close to her, and Come Alive was really good too. It was a lot like I'm A Sinner from MDNA Tour, but better and brighter. She came in left of stage doing some crazy frantic dance that was wonderful. This tour needs to be filmed. There's so much I wanna go back and see.

Thank you thank you!  I really enjoyed your review.  Just proves that everyone who has gone to the show comes out smiling and genuinely enjoyed the show. 

1 hour ago, madenis said:

You have nothing to judge the show lol. some pics or extracts. But nothing to judge a whole show.

AND YES, you need to be present to feel the show, the message, the atmosphere. 

It's funny how you try to show you as superior and more intelligent than the others.

Two choices in your wonderful brain :

be an ass kisser (or be paid) as the one who likes the show.

- be a free thinker as the one who criticize the show.

= BASIC TROLL SPEECH

(BTW, even Rolling Stone has given a great review of the tour whereas they haven't liked the album. Why does her team would pay for a tour review but not for an album review ?)

So according to you, I shouldn’t have been hyped for Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions Tour back when I only saw even less than what was shown from this one on Instagram? Because you can’t have it both ways.

Also what does Rolling Stones have to do with my take? Where did I tell anyone not to enjoy or have an opinion about it? It is you and those like you who do some mental gymnastics to invalidate any criticism which is quite pathetic because you’re not winning any points for acting all positive and your opinion doesn’t really hold any more wait than anyone else’s just because a critic agrees with you

Also I didn’t say I’m superior nor did I intend to make anyone feel inferior, so that really is your insecurity speaking here. Either way, what I’ve see so far looks pretty cheap, and I do have enough to know that too much is badly auto tuned, her outfits on her instagram look uninspired and the set is simplistic and doesn’t light a candle to the wonders she’s done before. No matter how many reviews you throw at me isn’t gonna make the outfits I saw or the set seem any more exciting than it already is. But if you wanna waste time convincing people they are wrong for seeing it as mediocre, feel free to waste your time.

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Preach it!  I finally put this negative Nancy on ignore.  Yeah, he might be a fan, but he spends way too much time dissecting the negatives and a lot of it is based on hearsay or very little he actually knows.  Take it from me, it's not worth arguing with him. He'll keep using that "basic troll speech" as you stated and the moment someone pounces too hard on him, he'll cry foul and act like he's being picked on.

Look, I'm all for an objective opinion whether it's negative or positive, but when someone spends most of their time nitpicking the negatives (based on hearsay), maybe it's time to back off and find something they may actually appreciate, rather continuously running the same negatives in the ground. 

We all agree the shows are quite expensive. We all agree that she's ridiculously late.  We all know the show doesn't have the same high caliber that an arena or stadium tour has.  We know all this.  But it's not supposed to be the same bells and whistles of an arena tour.  It's supposed to be a more low key show.  I totally agree with everyone who says; it's quite peculiar the negatives are coming from those who haven't even gone to the show, while those who all went pretty much praise it. 

Good riddance ???

4 hours ago, Winn said:

I just got back home from Chicago. I adore this tour. She was fantastic. The show looked sold out, including the balcony because I checked. There was no moving people around.

The tour costumes are gorgeous, including the intro George Washington which a lot of ppl don't seem to dig. After LAP a lot of people left and I was able to get pretty close to the stage. She walked right past me as she walked through the audience and left! She looks much bigger on stage, a commanding presence, but when she walks right past you can see how tiny she is lol.

When she did the hand stand during Human Nature the audience really cheered. She was having some technical difficulties with the door to the circle and said goddamit as she closed it lol. I really enjoyed American Life too. She was doing some kind of dancing move of crossing her arms into an X. She didn't dance as much as usual but when she did, like during Crave, she was so good. A seasoned professional live performer in every sense. I'm rambling now but just wanna say if people are getting you down about this tour... DON'T. It is very unique and special. People are bringing stacks of cash for the Polariod for pete's sake. She knows what she's doing. The tour is a success and I think could very well go down as one of the best Madonna experiences a fan could have.

I'm glad you liked it!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you were super enthused about the album itself, like me?  It's great how the tour can turn everything around.

I seen the show in ny. I didn’t like it. It was boring. But thats my opinion.  Some people liked it and some didnt. But I can’t take most of yall serious. Don’t come here with that bullsht ‘the people that are negative about the tour havent even seen it’.  That statement is tired through and old now.

7 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I'm glad you liked it!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you were super enthused about the album itself, like me?  It's great how the tour can turn everything around.

I generally like the album but I haven't been thrilled with the era overall; lack of remixes and good videos, imo, which are the 2 most important things for me from Madonna. It's funny, people usually go to shows because they like an album from an artist but for me it was the opposite. I was trying to salvage this era.

It worked. The tour has totally redeemed Madame X for me.

2 hours ago, Winn said:

I generally like the album but I haven't been thrilled with the era overall; lack of remixes and good videos, imo, which are the 2 most important things for me from Madonna. It's funny, people usually go to shows because they like an album from an artist but for me it was the opposite. I was trying to salvage this era.

It worked. The tour has totally redeemed Madame X for me.

So awesome. It's  amazing how her performances can totally change your mind on something you didn't once like. Sometimes "time" has that effect too.

For everyone doubting this show, I hope you are totally surprised and end up loving it in a way you never thought like what happened with @Winn. I look forward to your thoughts when and if it happens. If it doesn't, it's ok. I mean....I don't think anything could get me to like "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". Haha

Hey everyone

I found this site while looking for people’s reactions to the show. I actually work for the theater (I took the night off tonight, obviously) and it was super interesting for me to read through everyone’s thoughts and speculations surrounding the show and the experience of attending. 

I made an account to offer any insights I can about the goings on behind the scenes. I’m not a Madonna super fan like I’m sure you all are (although I do think she’s fantastic), so I’m not sure what’s common knowledge and what would be considered “inside” info. If you have any questions though, I’d be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. 

To start off, I can see there was a lot of speculation about the reasons behind the shuffling of some of the dates. The reason for our first show being rescheduled was that it took her crew 2 full days to load all of her stuff into the theater and set it up, leaving little to no time for rehearsals. I guess with this being only the second stop, they underestimated how long the process of moving everything over would take. 

There’s a lot of wild stuff that’s happened throughout this run, I don’t even know what would be interesting at this point. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to know!

30 minutes ago, Ayyyy said:

Hey everyone

I found this site while looking for people’s reactions to the show. I actually work for the theater (I took the night off tonight, obviously) and it was super interesting for me to read through everyone’s thoughts and speculations surrounding the show and the experience of attending. 

I made an account to offer any insights I can about the goings on behind the scenes. I’m not a Madonna super fan like I’m sure you all are (although I do think she’s fantastic), so I’m not sure what’s common knowledge and what would be considered “inside” info. If you have any questions though, I’d be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. 

To start off, I can see there was a lot of speculation about the reasons behind the shuffling of some of the dates. The reason for our first show being rescheduled was that it took her crew 2 full days to load all of her stuff into the theater and set it up, leaving little to no time for rehearsals. I guess with this being only the second stop, they underestimated how long the process of moving everything over would take. 

There’s a lot of wild stuff that’s happened throughout this run, I don’t even know what would be interesting at this point. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to know!

Have the theater employees gotten the chance to talk to Madonna at all? Also, are you aware if there have been any camera crews filming the show for a possible DVD release? Thank you for taking the time to talk to us all about the show!

1 hour ago, Ayyyy said:

Hey everyone

Wow thank you so much and welcome. When you say "wild stuff that's happened", what do you mean exactly for what you can tell us?

Were the late starts a norm or was it really hard for you all to get through?

Madonna is a perfectionist. Could you tell and how so?

I too would like to know if there were cameras filming and/or if you heard any talk of her show to be filmed or live streamed.

Again, Thank you so very much for coming. Xxx

1 hour ago, Zaktkoons said:

Have the theater employees gotten the chance to talk to Madonna at all? 

Haha.... I don’t think so. She did her sound check very late every day (usually around 6:30-7), so late that all of our staff were already in position by the time she arrived. For some reason she always entered through the side door on Lake street. When she arrived, all of our staff- ushers, security, concessions, etc- that we’re positioned in that main hallway were required to leave their positions and gather by the main stairs with their backs turned while she entered the theater. 

Normally I’d say someone from the theater must have talked to her at some point. But she has so many people coordinating things for her and security is so tight that I honestly don’t know if anyone employed by the theater spoke with her directly.

I did speak with one of our security guards who was working load in though. They said that she showed up on the second day of load in and she was surrounded on all sides by 4 security guards and her dancer boyfriend. Her security team communicated for her the whole time. However, this person also said that she seemed to be making a concerted effort to make at least 5-10 seconds of direct eye contact with everyone that was there. 

Also, between her exit at the end of the show and leaving to get in her car, she changes her clothes near the door. Some of us that were in that general area could hear her talking while she changed. I don’t think she ever said anything particularly interesting though. She mostly just complained about being cold. 

1 hour ago, Zaktkoons said:

Also, are you aware if there have been any camera crews filming the show for a possible DVD release? Thank you for taking the time to talk to us all about the show!

She definitely wasn’t filming these shows for any kind of dvd release. There was a small crew (2, maybe 3 people) filming stuff, but it was probably just for social media or behind the scenes/ archive footage 

32 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Wow thank you so much and welcome. When you say "wild stuff that's happened", what do you mean exactly for what you can tell us?

Were the late starts a norm or was it really hard for you all to get through?

Madonna is a perfectionist. Could you tell and how so?

I too would like to know if there were cameras filming and/or if you heard any talk of her show to be filmed or live streamed.

Again, Thank you so very much for coming. Xxx

“Wild” May have been a misleading term. Just really weird stuff that we weren’t used to. For example, I have it on good authority that we were required to change the toilet seat in her dressing room every few hours. 

That late start is definitely not the norm. In fact, almost all of our shows end before 11 because performers get fined for breaking the noise ordinance if they go past 11. It was very hard on us. Most of us got there around 5-6 everyday and didn’t get home until around 3 (and the majority of our staff either go to school or have another job). The hardest part though was that we didn’t have any days off when she wasn’t performing. We haven’t had a day off since the first show. Between shows 2 and 3 we day 5 Jim Gaffigan shows and a graduation. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic