Madame X Tour | Chicago

SecretProject

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

What is your favorite section of the show? Also how have her vocals been? 

My favorite starts with the dance/movement piece with the breathing sound effects that happens right before Frozen, and goes all the way through to the end. I think that entire last stretch is really great. The vocals seem to be quite good. This is the first time I’ve seen her though, so I have nothing to compare it to. She does seem to be lip syncing during some of the songs with more intense dancing though. 

20 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

@AyyyySorry, but also - is it more of a stressful situation for the staff to work on a show for someone who usually plays stadiums and has millions of extremely dedicated, crazy fans? Is the environment any different than other shows you've worked?

The environment is way different. The first day when I arrived I looked around and immediately thought “oh my god, there are so many people here”. It’s just such a big production with so many moving parts. It is also a little more stressful because we have to coordinate with her security team the entire time. We also have to constantly be on the lookout for phones because we can’t let anything make it online if someone somehow snuck something in or broke their pouch open. There’s also just a lot of things for guests to complain about at these shows “why is she going on so late” “why can’t I use my phone” “why’s it so hot in here” etc. Fortunately though, Madonna and her people have been very happy with us and even said things ran much smoother at our theater than in Brooklyn. 

28 minutes ago, Ayyyy said:

My favorite starts with the dance/movement piece with the breathing sound effects that happens right before Frozen, and goes all the way through to the end. I think that entire last stretch is really great. The vocals seem to be quite good. This is the first time I’ve seen her though, so I have nothing to compare it to. She does seem to be lip syncing during some of the songs with more intense dancing though. 

That's not unusual for Madonna to lipsync a few songs here and there, especially if the dancing is very intense. A few have noted Vogue sounds to be lipsyncd. From what I've seen from Frozen and beyond it looks amazing. I can't wait to see it in person!

24 minutes ago, Ayyyy said:

The environment is way different. The first day when I arrived I looked around and immediately thought “oh my god, there are so many people here”. It’s just such a big production with so many moving parts. It is also a little more stressful because we have to coordinate with her security team the entire time. We also have to constantly be on the lookout for phones because we can’t let anything make it online if someone somehow snuck something in or broke their pouch open. There’s also just a lot of things for guests to complain about at these shows “why is she going on so late” “why can’t I use my phone” “why’s it so hot in here” etc. Fortunately though, Madonna and her people have been very happy with us and even said things ran much smoother at our theater than in Brooklyn. 

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't she not allow air conditioning?  I'd imagine it'd get pretty hot in a crammed theater with the AC turned off. You guys are doing amazing work for our queen - thank you so much for all your time answering all my silly questions! 

None of this is remotely surprising, but it’s interesting.

Shame about the staff having to turn their backs, that’s one way respect and it’s a false prophecy, and as for the toilet seat? Erm... Late finishes aside though it sounds like the staff had an overall great experience, and it’s not the kinda artist  imagine you’d think you’d get to see working in a theatre!

33 minutes ago, scion said:

None of this is remotely surprising, but it’s interesting.

Shame about the staff having to turn their backs, that’s one way respect and it’s a false prophecy, and as for the toilet seat? Erm... Late finishes aside though it sounds like the staff had an overall great experience, and it’s not the kinda artist  imagine you’d think you’d get to see working in a theatre!

I agree it makes me a little sad she had the staff do that, I wonder for what reason? 

1 hour ago, scion said:

This is the same woman that Sir Michael Parkinson admitted he witnessed have an assistant pick her nose clean for her prior to going on his show in 2005... lol.

what a weird job LOL

My job would be the woman who wears the sunglasses with the white lights on for make up reapplications. I think im qualified enough to wear shades indoors. What with my mental illnesses and attention whoring.

1 hour ago, andifeel said:

My job would be the woman who wears the sunglasses with the white lights on for make up reapplications. I think im qualified enough to wear shades indoors. What with my mental illnesses and attention whoring.

The tan man can pull off shades anywhere!

Hope you’re well, and I’ll see you in February :) x

I’m good. Jet lagged to hell but still on a high after chatting to her two nights running during the show. :) 

Every note sung was live btw. There’s minimal elements that are tape (Vogue rap, parts of Dark Ballet) and a few bits sung over tape (American Life rap). 

Edited by andifeel (see edit history)

Ha, I haven’t really considered what’s live and what’s not, bootlegs aren’t the best gauge. Doesn’t bother me really anyway, I’m interested in her overall vocal standard but if she mimes a few song or not, I really don’t care. 

Overall I think she sounds pretty damn good, especially in the latest Chicago recordings. It’s not quite RIT standard but she sounds strong and confident. I’d take this Madonna on a live album than anything from the last three tours!

whens the next party? 

11 minutes ago, andifeel said:

I’m good. Jet lagged to hell but still on a high after chatting to her two nights running during the show. :) 

Every note sung was live btw. There’s minimal elements that are tape (Vogue rap, parts of Dark Ballet) and a few bits sung over tape (American Life rap). 

Of course. Exactly what I was thinking, but it’s been the same on all performances of those songs... looks a great show overall.

It is. Circuit queens stuck in 2005 wanting Confessions 2 won’t like it; but she’s damned if she repeats herself and damned if she does something new, so fuck them. Note that the main noise is coming from people who haven’t been to the show. 

If you go in expecting Madame X : The Musical of the Album (rather than a Madonna Concert) then you know what to expect and embrace.

The pacing is a little off to my personal taste but this is a show that you warm too with multiple viewings. Come show 4 I was hooked.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic