Madonna and Astrology

Enrico

Do you believe in astrology?  

28 members voted

1. 1. Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only zodiac signs, not everyday horoscopes
    • No

During the tour, M has often been asking her beer fan his/her sign, and we all know she really is into astrology.

Despite many sites on the internet state her rising sign is Virgo, she has often spoken about this in interviews. I thought I'd share them here, one is not a well known one...

Solar sign: Leo

Rising/Ascendant: Aquarius

Moon: Virgo

At 3:45

At 7:20

https://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobot.cgi?INPUT1=Madonna&INPUT2=&MONTH=08&DAY=16&YEAR=1958&HOUR=7&MINUTE=00&AMPM=PM&TOWN=Bay+City&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=MI&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

(Please remember that internet states she was born at 7:00 AM, but this would contradict what she says herself in these interviews).

2458782952046.gif

Name: Madonna 
August 16 1958 
7:00 PM Time Zone is EST 
Bay City, MI 

Rising Sign is in 11 Degrees Aquarius 
You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective. 

Sun is in 23 Degrees Leo. 
More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention! But others do not usually mind because they tend to enjoy your genuine warmth and affection. Very spirited and willful, proud and self-important at times, you demand your own way. You are quite honest, however, and the respect of others is very important to you. You never compromise yourself and you pursue your goals with persistence and dedication. Your regal presence and demeanor draws you to positions of leadership and authority. But beware of being overly hardheaded, domineering, ostentatious or patronizing or you will lose the goodwill and admiration that you enjoy. Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible. Your strength and energy vitalizes those who come in contact with you. 

Moon is in 18 Degrees Virgo. 
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love. 

Mercury is in 05 Degrees Virgo. 
Very thorough and efficient, you pay attention to the minor but important details of any project. You are a careful thinker who can learn complicated, intricate techniques. You are attracted to practical, useful skills and are probably good at working with your hands. You are very critical of yourself and others, sometimes too much so, and you get the reputation of being a nag or of being nit-picky. Your first reaction to any situation is to try to organize, classify and analyze everything! 

Venus is in 01 Degrees Leo. 
You have a striking, regal appearance and demeanor that attracts others to you. Your friendship is highly sought and you tend to take friendships quite seriously -- you remain loyal and true to those to whom you are attached. For you, love is mixed with pride and respect. Relationships are over when you lose respect for your partner. Be careful of a tendency to relate only to those who make you look good -- the powerful, important and influential. This can lead to arrogance and selfishness, and neither of these qualities becomes you. 

Mars is in 15 Degrees Taurus. 
Careful, slow and thorough about all that you do, at times you are also willful and stubborn when others try to alter your course. You are definitely not a quitter -- you will work long and hard to get what you want. Your possessions are very important to you. One of your continuing problems is that you tend to regard the significant people in your life much the same way as you do your possessions -- you become overly attached and much too jealous. You repress your anger when you get upset and that is not healthy. Try to learn to show your anger immediately in order to avoid painful explosions later. 

Jupiter is in 26 Degrees Libra. 
You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind. You are objective and quite concerned with fair play and justice. But, when it comes to yourself, you are so aware that whatever you do might upset the apple cart that you often choose to compromise rather than do anything that might make you lonely or vulnerable. Relationships are very important to you -- you learn about yourself and grow through observing yourself interacting with others. Your aesthetic tastes are refined, but expansive and expensive. 

Saturn is in 19 Degrees Sagittarius. 
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing. 

Uranus is in 12 Degrees Leo. 
You, and your peers as well, demand complete and total freedom of self- expression. You want to make your mark in the world according to your own lights and will brook no interference from traditional authority figures, especially if they attempt to mold or shape you in any way. You are honest and forthright, but a bit offbeat and eccentric. The lack of self-discipline may hinder you from reaching your goals as quickly as you would like. 

Neptune is in 02 Degrees Scorpio. 
You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme. 

Pluto is in 01 Degrees Virgo. 
For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice. 

N. Node is in 23 Degrees Libra. 
You find it very difficult to be comfortable being alone -- you would much prefer to be in an environment where many people are working together toward common goals. Your charming and sincere approach to others assures your popularity -- you have the gift of being able to ease tensions just by your mere presence. You're the perfect "team player" willing to sacrifice your own importance so that the group goal can be accomplished. Be careful, however, not to become overly dependent on your interactions with others -- you have personal private needs that should not be neglected. 

I mean... there's gotta be something to it. Kinda crazy that everyone born within a months period every single year since time shares similar qualities. I do think astrologers can sometimes interpret  info wrong though and then people will discredit the whole field.  

Ugh I've become an astrology follower over the years because of my ex, lol. I don't necessarily believe 100% of it, cause again there's so much overlap, then so many other elements that go beyond one's sun sign (birth chart aka wtf does all this mean!?), and of course it's pretty much guidance. Oh and it has no scientific evidence yet

However I do believe there must be some truth to it just as how many believe in a higher energy/power/source/being, no big deal. Like @RUADJAIsaid, it is funny how I myself have found the same/similar patterns of traits/behaviors within people who have the same sun sign, let alone the same element. Not to mention the same experiences I've had with certain people (eyerolling at Aquarius/Libra men that have f****d me over! Or all those Scorpios/Cancers who I have an instant emotional and energy connection to, hell yeah!)

I really like how Madonna is or was into Astrology. It's really cool. Of course you don't wanna generalize and put people in compartments upon meeting them just because they tell you their sign. I just think it makes for a great ice-breaker and a segue to more intellectual/spiritual conversations so long as the other person gets into it too. 

Lol so yeah Astrology is cool. It's the reason why I spend 2 hours on IG: those damn Astrology memes man! Relatable, funny, and all tongue-in-cheek (maybe a pang of truth sometimes?) :kissy:

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean... there's gotta be something to it. Kinda crazy that everyone born within a months period every single year since time shares similar qualities. I do think astrologers can sometimes interpret  info wrong though and then people will discredit the whole field.  

58 minutes ago, ilocanopapi said:

Ugh I've become an astrology follower over the years because of my ex, lol. I don't necessarily believe 100% of it, cause again there's so much overlap, then so many other elements that go beyond one's sun sign (birth chart aka wtf does all this mean!?), and of course it's pretty much guidance. Oh and it has no scientific evidence yet

However I do believe there must be some truth to it just as how many believe in a higher energy/power/source/being, no big deal. Like @RUADJAIsaid, it is funny how I myself have found the same/similar patterns of traits/behaviors within people who have the same sun sign, let alone the same element. Not to mention the same experiences I've had with certain people (eyerolling at Aquarius/Libra men that have f****d me over! Or all those Scorpios/Cancers who I have an instant emotional and energy connection to, hell yeah!)

I really like how Madonna is or was into Astrology. It's really cool. Of course you don't wanna generalize and put people in compartments upon meeting them just because they tell you their sign. I just think it makes for a great ice-breaker and a segue to more intellectual/spiritual conversations so long as the other person gets into it too. 

Lol so yeah Astrology is cool. It's the reason why I spend 2 hours on IG: those damn Astrology memes man! Relatable, funny, and all tongue-in-cheek (maybe a pang of truth sometimes?) :kissy:

I enjoyed reading your replies. I see both of your points, but when you only have 12 months in a year versus billions of people, certainly you're going find a lot of people who have similarities.  I believe that most people have a similar moral compass and while we all live different lives, paths, and experiences, there's only so many different ways people can think and act before you run into similarities.  I also wondered if we are conditioned to think that people within these months are similar when they aren't.  

39 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I enjoyed reading your replies. I see both of your points, but when you only have 12 months in a year versus billions of people, certainly you're going find a lot of people who have similarities.  I believe that most people have a similar moral compass and while we all live different lives, paths, and experiences, there's only so many different ways people can think and act before you run into similarities.  I also wondered if we are conditioned to think that people within these months are similar when they aren't.  

if you read mine compared to Madonnas they are polar opposites. And we ARE polar opposites. Im a cancer. 

Madonna follows astrology due to her Kabbalic studies. 

https://livingwisdom.kabbalah.com/astrology

BUT if she was serious about astrology she would be more interested in eastern sidereal (especially Vedic) astrology traditions and not western tropical astrology. 

I actually do believe Madonna is an incarnation of Alister Crowley though.