First 5 Shows Postponed

Just shaking my head at some "fans" saying they're "done" with Madonna, because of the tour date changes. Not much of a fan then are you...Sorry, but "fans" that are saying Madonna is being "disrespectful" for changing tour dates don't deserve any sympathy. Fucking grow up. Within ANY show or tour, the risk of dates changing is ALWAYS there. NOTHING is guaranteed. That will be in the terms & conditions. You buy a ticket, accepting those risks. So if you're moaning and bitching about these dates being changed, then sorry but it's tough shit.

Just shaking my head at some "fans" saying they're "done" with Madonna, because of the tour date changes. Not much of a fan then are you...Sorry, but "fans" that are saying Madonna is being "disrespectful" for changing tour dates don't deserve any sympathy. Fucking grow up. Within ANY show or tour, the risk of dates changing is ALWAYS there. NOTHING is guaranteed. That will be in the terms & conditions. You buy a ticket, accepting those risks. So if you're moaning and bitching about these dates being changed, then sorry but it's tough shit.

No disrespect to you, but some of us have been going to see Madonna concerts since before you were born. I think there's been people that have been done with her before, only to come back later. I'm not done with her, but anything beyond the album and videos, I'm not getting her vibe this time. I am pissed off that several friends and myself had to secure time off from work, accommodations for air and lodging (not cheap however you split it) and the concert tickets themselves. So, when you have a finite amount of paid vacation time, or none at all... And couple that with re-coordinating several traveling companion's schedules at high season in Miami when hotels and even airbnb condos are significantly higher in price, (I'm assuming the same can be said for Puerto Rico in January), NOT to mention a lot of accommodations can't or won't be fully refunded by many agencies... For example, I booked a hotel in Miami (prepaid mind you) using rewards points and cash, and it's not only non-refundable, but I lost 10,000 rewards points on my credit card as well. So you're right, there is a risk in buying tickets. It's not my first time at this rodeo, and there's been instances where MY plans changed and I couldn't make it to a show i had tix for well in advance, losing the money and a show that I went on as planned...but it sure does leave a bad taste in my mouth going to a city I had no desire to go to except to see an opening night of a Madonna tour, rescheduled a month after the LAST date of the tour in Europe. It's a good thing me and Madonna are solid, cuz it would be really easy to be over it and just get a refund if I was on the fence about her in the first place. When you lose a couple THOUSAND dollars with a wobbly excuse, you might feel differently.

• 2 weeks later...

No disrespect to you, but some of us have been going to see Madonna concerts since before you were born. I think there's been people that have been done with her before, only to come back later. I'm not done with her, but anything beyond the album and videos, I'm not getting her vibe this time. I am pissed off that several friends and myself had to secure time off from work, accommodations for air and lodging (not cheap however you split it) and the concert tickets themselves. So, when you have a finite amount of paid vacation time, or none at all... And couple that with re-coordinating several traveling companion's schedules at high season in Miami when hotels and even airbnb condos are significantly higher in price, (I'm assuming the same can be said for Puerto Rico in January), NOT to mention a lot of accommodations can't or won't be fully refunded by many agencies... For example, I booked a hotel in Miami (prepaid mind you) using rewards points and cash, and it's not only non-refundable, but I lost 10,000 rewards points on my credit card as well.So you're right, there is a risk in buying tickets. It's not my first time at this rodeo, and there's been instances where MY plans changed and I couldn't make it to a show i had tix for well in advance, losing the money and a show that I went on as planned...but it sure does leave a bad taste in my mouth going to a city I had no desire to go to except to see an opening night of a Madonna tour, rescheduled a month after the LAST date of the tour in Europe.It's a good thing me and Madonna are solid, cuz it would be really easy to be over it and just get a refund if I was on the fence about her in the first place.When you lose a couple THOUSAND dollars with a wobbly excuse, you might feel differently.

I totally agree with you. 

I have bought tickets for the "opening" Miami show too and I felt disappointed when I read about these changes. We make a big effort and sacrify a lot of things to buy this expensive tickets. 

No disrespect to you, but some of us have been going to see Madonna concerts since before you were born. I think there's been people that have been done with her before, only to come back later. I'm not done with her, but anything beyond the album and videos, I'm not getting her vibe this time. I am pissed off that several friends and myself had to secure time off from work, accommodations for air and lodging (not cheap however you split it) and the concert tickets themselves. So, when you have a finite amount of paid vacation time, or none at all... And couple that with re-coordinating several traveling companion's schedules at high season in Miami when hotels and even airbnb condos are significantly higher in price, (I'm assuming the same can be said for Puerto Rico in January), NOT to mention a lot of accommodations can't or won't be fully refunded by many agencies... For example, I booked a hotel in Miami (prepaid mind you) using rewards points and cash, and it's not only non-refundable, but I lost 10,000 rewards points on my credit card as well.So you're right, there is a risk in buying tickets. It's not my first time at this rodeo, and there's been instances where MY plans changed and I couldn't make it to a show i had tix for well in advance, losing the money and a show that I went on as planned...but it sure does leave a bad taste in my mouth going to a city I had no desire to go to except to see an opening night of a Madonna tour, rescheduled a month after the LAST date of the tour in Europe.It's a good thing me and Madonna are solid, cuz it would be really easy to be over it and just get a refund if I was on the fence about her in the first place.When you lose a couple THOUSAND dollars with a wobbly excuse, you might feel differently.

I know you're upset, but opening night has been changed for Madonna many times in the past.  By nature it is very fluid.  I wish I had a better response because you sound like  a serious fan (as am I) and I can tell you dedicate your time, money and other resources to attend her shows.  But Logistics may be the least of your concerns.

Opening night is the worst night (typically ) for any artist to go to.  I have been to an opening night for a Madonna concert (Confessions.)  I'm gonna throw out some words, I think you'll get the point:

Over-rehearsed

fatigued

No crowd connection

final-final dress rehearsalLooked sleepy or worn down

Nervous

Now I went to the same show (Confessions) 10 days later.  Completely different vibe:

High Energy

Connected to crowd

Rested

Confident

Overall better show.

Remember in Truth or Dare when Madonna says briefly, "The shows keep getting better and better?"  Thats because its a true statement.  The dancers, Madonna, the band, the crew .... all of them by the middle to the end know how to do what they do better.

This time maybe a done-deal for your logistics, and hopefully this won't be the last, but next time, remember to skip opening night.  If not for  just my explanation above but to save yourself from almost certain rescheduling.  Keep in mind, locals are gonna buy up those tickets anyway too, so she's gonna pack a house on opening night wherever it is.  I'm sure Montreal's attendance got a boost.

I know you're upset, but opening night has been changed for Madonna many times in the past. By nature it is very fluid. I wish I had a better response because you sound like a serious fan (as am I) and I can tell you dedicate your time, money and other resources to attend her shows. But Logistics may be the least of your concerns.Opening night is the worst night (typically ) for any artist to go to. I have been to an opening night for a Madonna concert (Confessions.) I'm gonna throw out some words, I think you'll get the point:Over-rehearsedfatiguedNo crowd connectionfinal-final dress rehearsalLooked sleepy or worn downNervousNow I went to the same show (Confessions) 10 days later. Completely different vibe:High EnergyConnected to crowdRestedConfidentOverall better show.Remember in Truth or Dare when Madonna says briefly, "The shows keep getting better and better?" Thats because its a true statement. The dancers, Madonna, the band, the crew .... all of them by the middle to the end know how to do what they do better.This time maybe a done-deal for your logistics, and hopefully this won't be the last, but next time, remember to skip opening night. If not for just my explanation above but to save yourself from almost certain rescheduling. Keep in mind, locals are gonna buy up those tickets anyway too, so she's gonna pack a house on opening night wherever it is. I'm sure Montreal's attendance got a boost.

I was also at the opening night of the Confessions Tour, and I was nervous until the house lights went down that it was a "for sure" show, so I appreciate your input. My point was directly related to the logistics of travel/finances/etc and the quoted post I responded to. You're right, though.. I am a diehard that's invested not only money and true blue loyalty, but also over 30 years being entertained and sitting on the edge of my seat. Sometimes that's in anticipation, but it's also (at times) been out of sheer terror and nervousness. I like not knowing what's going to happen, hearing that nervousness in her voice, and feeling the electricity of the crowd on opening night... And I am seeing the show many times thoughout the NA leg of the tour, so I'm fine with the postponement at this point, and I'm looking for a potential upside that the show may be tweaked and slightly different before heading to Australia... If it needs any at all. I've never been disappointed in her shows, except the 2 tours I was unable to see live since BAT (GS and SS part 2) but not because they we're bad shows (GS is a masterpiece) only because I had to experience them through Memorex. All of that said, I'm still keeping my distance from Madonna the red carpet walking, Instagram posting, "CELEBRITY!". I'm waiting for "MADONNA: Living Legend and Greatest Performer in the World!" to take the stage. I have my reasons for being pissed off at the loss of money, for trying to plan ahead, and trying to make a short vacation around a the first 2 dates of the tour, before seeing it again every 2 weeks throughout the duration of the NA leg, seeing how it progressed from Miami to LA. Oh well.

In really excited and nervous to be part of the opening two shows! (I always had tickets to Montreal). I think the part that makes me over anxious is that I'm always one to spoil the show and know the setlist and show off by heart to know almost every part of the stage that she's at during each song and yet by the time the MDNA Tour came to North America 4 months later for my show and the lights dimmed and that thurible dropped down I literally grabbed the stranger next to me because I was so excited.