Can someone please educate me on Madonna's alleged "satanism"?

Team Madonna

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 3:11 AM, Roland Barthes said:

But satanism is part of the imagery of catholicism. It always makes me laugh when people who reject religion use satanic artefacts and symbolism when it's part of the bible too. Without catholicism there's no satanism. It's the same bullshit from the same book. One can also use satanic symbolism just because it's arty same with using crosses or madonnas (pun) when you don't believe in god. The painters and illustrators whom depicted hell and the devil, created this imagery are the same who painted heaven and the whole catholic iconography. God and the devil both come from the same mind, like Harry Potter and Voldemort :)

Couldn’t agree more. The same fantasy crap fed to millions over the world via a fictional book

I really wish someone would ask her if Hecate was the inspiration for the "Frozen" video. The symbolism lines up. The 3 M's. The black dog. The levitating and shape-shifting. 

God, I love Witchydonna. 

I've also read somewhere that the Bedtime Story (2004 RIT Interlude) is her trying to tell us we live in a holographic universe/ computer simulation. Which, even if that isn't the intention, is really fucking cool and I choose to believe it lol

These are the things I want her to sit down and do a 14 hour interview about.

In the 'Frozen' video, she condensed different mythological and religious sets:
-the Greek: 1.Hecate, the goddess of magic and darkness. daughter of titan Perses (according to the classic version of the myth, written by Hesiod in his 'Theogony', he fought against the Olympian Gods, whose leader was Zeus, along with his fellows Titans, the first generation of divine creatures, born from the union between Gea, the mother earth, and Uranus, the sky. This war goes under the name of Titanomachy) and titaness Asteria, Hecate is commonly associated with night, witchcraft, the Moon, ghosts and necromancy, a particular black magic practice that claims to be able to make the user communicate with the dead in order to foretell future events. The original cult saw her as the goddess of boundaries, which later leaded to adore her as a underworld goddess. Her animal symbol is the dog, as widely known, because dogs were used to watch over the cities boundaries at night. According to Greek beliefs, dogs were part of the moltitude of animals which lived in the underworld. 2.Sirius: the star in the sky is allegedly Sirius, from the 'Major Dog' constellation. it's also quoted as the 'Dog Star', because it was believed this star made dogs mad, during the 'dies caniculares', the hottest days in summer.
-the Irish: the crow is the symbol of Mórrígan, the goddess of War, fate and ghosts, as the name suggests, part of a trinity which included Badb and Macha, her sisters, and Nemain, although this section of the cult is object of debact. Mórrígan was able to change her nature, morphing into a woman, a crow, aging and rejuvenating as she pleased. 
-the Hindu: Kali, the goddess of death, time and change, depicted as a 4 or 10 arms-woman.

Sorry for the length xxx

I have to find yet a serious article that explains her 'alleged' satanism, because I analysed for fun all her videography and didn't see any trace of it. Instead, she exposed a particular and elegant taste in religions and arts, which includes pagan myths, esotheric beliefs and Catholic hagiography. 

Instead of asking her crap, journalists should focus more on this side of her, which is astonishgly mesmerising. 

Loads of people assume that just because someone is making use of certain imagery to serve art that it somehow equals Satanism and even if someone was into Satanism, I don't see how thats an issue. Last time I checked a lot more people have been murdered throughout history by false prophets calling themselves Christians and claiming to be acting in the name of God.

8 hours ago, Loki said:

In the 'Frozen' video, she condensed different mythological and religious sets:
-the Greek: 1.Hecate, the goddess of magic and darkness. daughter of titan Perses (according to the classic version of the myth, written by Hesiod in his 'Theogony', he fought against the Olympian Gods, whose leader was Zeus, along with his fellows Titans, the first generation of divine creatures, born from the union between Gea, the mother earth, and Uranus, the sky. This war goes under the name of Titanomachy) and titaness Asteria, Hecate is commonly associated with night, witchcraft, the Moon, ghosts and necromancy, a particular black magic practice that claims to be able to make the user communicate with the dead in order to foretell future events. The original cult saw her as the goddess of boundaries, which later leaded to adore her as a underworld goddess. Her animal symbol is the dog, as widely known, because dogs were used to watch over the cities boundaries at night. According to Greek beliefs, dogs were part of the moltitude of animals which lived in the underworld. 2.Sirius: the star in the sky is allegedly Sirius, from the 'Major Dog' constellation. it's also quoted as the 'Dog Star', because it was believed this star made dogs mad, during the 'dies caniculares', the hottest days in summer.
-the Irish: the crow is the symbol of Mórrígan, the goddess of War, fate and ghosts, as the name suggests, part of a trinity which included Badb and Macha, her sisters, and Nemain, although this section of the cult is object of debact. Mórrígan was able to change her nature, morphing into a woman, a crow, aging and rejuvenating as she pleased. 
-the Hindu: Kali, the goddess of death, time and change, depicted as a 4 or 10 arms-woman.

Sorry for the length xxx

I have to find yet a serious article that explains her 'alleged' satanism, because I analysed for fun all her videography and didn't see any trace of it. Instead, she exposed a particular and elegant taste in religions and arts, which includes pagan myths, esotheric beliefs and Catholic hagiography. 

Instead of asking her crap, journalists should focus more on this side of her, which is astonishgly mesmerising. 

Yes. Thank you! I'd be annoyed like Chris Cunningham was when everyone kept calling it "goth" lol 

What I would give to see his original treatment for it. Ugh!

5 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I think people are weak, pathetic and boring, and would much rather deflect their insecurities than try to become only a spect of dust than what this woman has accomplished. Jealousy. Doesn't Jesus talk about that? Lol 

why would anyone want to become a speck of dust? confused.com

Let me rephrase. I think a lot of people in the press (or in general) give Madonna a hard time because they are jealous of what she has accomplished. Comparatively, most people have only accomplished very little (like a spect of dust lol) than what she has. 

But to the topic of Satanism and Madonna. I went to school with this girl, and years later when facebook arrived we added each other and whatever. Turns out she is heavily in to Christianity (to each their own), but, she would always comment on posts I made; references; and during the Living For Love era, she became fixated on how Madonna was a Satanist...and I was like "huh"...she was caught up on the horns her dancers would wear...and I was like...but it's performance art. But nope...she was satanic to her. 

I cant wrap my head around that mentality.

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Yes. Thank you! I'd be annoyed like Chris Cunningham was when everyone kept calling it "goth" lol 

What I would give to see his original treatment for it. Ugh!

Glad my post was helpful xxx
well, the 'gothic' trend of the XIX century is largely based on East-European and Ancient Roman/Greek myths: witches, vampires, ghosts and so on populated the collective imaginery since the beginnings of the European culture as we know it. Romantic poets and writer just appropriated these, turning them into the expressions of the unconsciousness and primordial impulses. Calling 'Frozen' a gothic video is not technically wrong, but this means watering down and minimizing the efforts she and Chris made to collect and depict in a 5 minutes-video a moltitude of references to different traditions with coherent development and transitions. Nothing is casual in this little masterpiece. 

I was raised as a Catholic, then I stepped away from it, because I felt betrayed and condamned by the Church for my homosexuality, although I still read and analyse the Bible quite often. I can assure you that whatever she has done in these 40 years is a simple consequence of her being born and raised in a Southern-European Catholic family: 'our' Catholism is filled with peculiar features that make it very different from the Irish or the French one. For an esternal eye it can be seen as 'strange' or 'pagan'. but for explaining it I'd need 345 posts 😂

36 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Let me rephrase. I think a lot of people in the press (or in general) give Madonna a hard time because they are jealous of what she has accomplished. Comparatively, most people have only accomplished very little (like a spect of dust lol) than what she has. 

But to the topic of Satanism and Madonna. I went to school with this girl, and years later when facebook arrived we added each other and whatever. Turns out she is heavily in to Christianity (to each their own), but, she would always comment on posts I made; references; and during the Living For Love era, she became fixated on how Madonna was a Satanist...and I was like "huh"...she was caught up on the horns her dancers would wear...and I was like...but it's performance art. But nope...she was satanic to her. 

I cant wrap my head around that mentality.

Funny, I have a friend who wasn't into Madonna at all and when he saw the Living for Love video he mentioned they were devils horns not bull horns. Maybe we're too blind to see it. It's just symbolism at the end of the day and Madonna loves to court controversy.

• 2 weeks later...

It would not be unusual or reprehensible for Madonna to be a follower of Satan, in the first place because throughout her career she has done things such as fighting with the Church, the Sex book where she promotes sexual freedom (strictly prohibited by religion), using diabolical symbols both in her concerts and in her videos or the messages she gives in several of her songs such as Devil Pray or God is Love where she questions God for fomenting hatred among people through the Bible when he supposedly represents love, they form a profile which coincides with those who are followers of the cuckold character.

But unfortunately everything remains in assumptions, we cannot know. Some might argue that she only does it to attract attention or that she only takes elements of Satanism to create art because even in these times it is reprehensible that someone openly declares himself/herself a follower of Satan.

At the 2015 Grammys, this final scene reminded me a lot of the scene of the ascension of the Virgin Mary, could it have been just a coincidence? I do not think so.

509395370_Lotto_L._(1527)_Assunzione_della_Madonna_Bergamo.thumb.jpg.b169f7fbeef7b914bee77d8e7c3e3c3f.jpg20150208-pictures-madonna-grammy-awards-performance-01eee.jpg.dcd6e915ef165ad032fcaa248fb81209.jpg

Personally I would love Madonna to be a follower of Satan, I don't see anything wrong with that (many political leaders have been related to followers of Satan as seers or sorcerers to make important decisions), contrary to religion that is based on censorship and in condemning the forbidden and where we have all known the heinous crimes caused in its name throughout history. And because Satanist masses have always seemed much more interesting and entertaining to me than the monotonous and boring Christian masses: all dressed in black wearing religious symbols to make fun of God in the midst of stimulating vapors based on some drug creating excitement among the attendees to finally end up in an orgy. Much better than listening to hours and hours of a boring sermon from a priest while you feel yourself melting inside with boredom.