Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Not true, someone on here said it was on Spotify as the real 7" Edit.  Regardless, they are still different versions as one has the keyboard stab and one doesn't. I have them and I've compared them.

I'm sorry. I was talking about Borderline, not Lucky Star. My mistake. I've edited my post but you replied really quickly.

9 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Who is Chris Lord-Alge and why is he credited for La Isla Bonita on the Immaculate Collection?

Also, why are so many tracks labeled "edit" or "remix" and others aren't? Weren't they all new edits and remixes anyway?

@Prayerto your knowledge, is it possible to replace the cover of an album on Spotify without taking it down and reuploading? The cover of The Immaculate Collection is looking GRAINY

Chris Lord-Alge was the original remixer of the song, as far as I know. Since they used the remix version to create the "Immaculate" Q-Sound mix he's credited, maybe? (But then, the original remixers on other songs are not credited, so messy).

LTg0NDAuanBlZw.jpeg

The name of the tags for "Immaculate" on digital platforms is a mess. I think all those tags are just to differentiate them from the original versions on their reports, to separate royalties, whatever. But just my bet.

Yes, you can update just the cover on a release without having to taking it down (you can also update the files for each song, what you can not do is adding or taking out songs from the release, in order to do that you need to take down the release and send it again).

The cover update was actually done with "Bedtime Stories": it had this grainy scan:

91Am+nuDjJL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Until the vinyl was reissued (around 2016?) and they updated it on digital platforms to this one:

Bedtime_Stories_Madonna.png

"GHV2" was also updated at some point, from this one:

81Tk3jugLyL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

To this one:

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Actually, I think "The Immaculate Collection" regular cover was also subtly updated when they uploaded the Dolby Atmos version a couple of months ago... but it's still a scan. Don't know why is that since they obviously had the original HQ artwork:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/the-immaculate-collection-now-available-in-dolby-atmos

10 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Right, but I thought there were only two versions of the video:

• ~4 minute version (audio is Gold Disc edit a.k.a. video version) on The Immaculate Collection VHS, The Immaculate Collection LD, Celebration DVD and YouTube
  • ~5 minute version (audio is edit of New Mix) on the Madonna VHS, Madonna LD, Madonna betamax and The Immaculate Collection DVD

Is there a third version of the video?

Yes, there are three video edits!

There is the 7" version video, used on TIC VHS/LD. This version does not have that extra sound at 16 seconds in.

Then there is the Remix/Edit video, used on the Madonna EP VHS and TIC DVD.

As for the Celebration DVD (also on YouTube), it's the short video, but with a newly audio track. This has the extra sound at 16 seconds in which is followed by a few seconds without the synth parts, which only comes in just before Madonna starts to sing.

Here's a WAV from the TIC LD video.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

And here's a WAV from the Celebration video (taken from YouTube).

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

I didn't change anything on these, so you can hear white noise during the fade outs.

4 hours ago, Holger said:

There is the 7" version video, used on TIC VHS/LD. This version does not have that extra sound at 16 seconds in.

As for the Celebration DVD (also on YouTube), it's the short video, but with a newly audio track. This has the extra sound at 16 seconds in which is followed by a few seconds without the synth parts, which only comes in just before Madonna starts to sing.

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

I didn't change anything on these, so you can hear white noise during the fade outs.

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Holger said:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ah, I see! So the short version of the video didn't always have the Gold Disc edit as it's soundtrack. That started in '09 with the Celebration DVD. Interesting.

I have the TIC VHS, but never watch it. Because it's a VHS. Thank you @Holger and @JustinTimes for breaking it down. 

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

I'm glad you agree with me that there are 3 video versions, now that only thing I'm confused about is which video is from It's that Girl cassette and the one on Compilation Various Album GoldDisc™ 131, as they sound extremely similar :suffer:

I get a bit lost here.

Using clkelley39's summary on another thread:

'it's been determined that there are actually three versions of the "Lucky Star" video, and the Gold Disc edit is the audio to only one of them:)

~4 minute version (audio is 7" version) on The Immaculate Collection VHS & LD and presumably aired on MTV

~5 minute version (audio is edit of New Mix) on the Madonna VHS, Madonna LD, Madonna betamax and The Immaculate Collection DVD

~4 minute version (audio is Gold Disc edit) on Celebration DVD and YouTube'

Obviously, the visual portion of the 5 minute versions is not identical to the 4 minute version(s), but are the two 4 minute versions identical aside from their soundtrack?

Which version is on the It's That Girl VHS?

Is the audio portion of the It's That Girl VHS identical to the It's That Girl audio cassette? (Not just asking about Lucky Star here, but about all tracks really.)

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

Ah, I see! So the short version of the video didn't always have the Gold Disc edit as it's soundtrack. That started in '09 with the Celebration DVD. Interesting.

Not quite right. The Gold Disc edit is not the one used on the Celebration DVD.

Just listen to the YouTube video (same as Celebration DVD), seconds 20 to 28.
Then listen to the Gold Disc mix seconds 16 to 21.

It's easily noticable.

20 minutes ago, MandyLePumpum said:

I get a bit lost here.

4 minute version (audio is Gold Disc edit) on Celebration DVD and YouTube'

Which version is on the It's That Girl VHS?

No, the audio for "Lucky Star" on Celebration DVD and YouTube is NOT the Gold Disc edit. (See above).

The It's That Girl VHS has the original 7" edit video (that later appears on TIC VHS and LD).

3 hours ago, Holger said:

Not quite right. The Gold Disc edit is not the one used on the Celebration DVD.

Just listen to the YouTube video (same as Celebration DVD), seconds 20 to 28.
Then listen to the Gold Disc mix seconds 16 to 21.

It's easily noticable.

Jesus Christ - you're right

Ok, to settle this once and for all, I put together the differences of the edits.

https://mega.nz/file/L58SCZjK#Doin9G4-MIDLP-XdUow2-mRTS1Jn7rlB8c_pEDDeVBE

You'll hear the following versions:

0:00-0:35 LP Version
0:40-0:57 7" Version (7" Single, TIC VHS/LD)
1:00-1:18 Remastered Video Audio (Celebration DVD, YT)
1:20-1:38 GoldDisc Compilation Edit

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

Chris Lord-Alge was the original remixer of the song, as far as I know. Since they used the remix version to create the "Immaculate" Q-Sound mix he's credited, maybe? (But then, the original remixers on other songs are not credited, so messy).

LTg0NDAuanBlZw.jpeg

The name of the tags for "Immaculate" on digital platforms is a mess. I think all those tags are just to differentiate them from the original versions on their reports, to separate royalties, whatever. But just my bet.

Yes, you can update just the cover on a release without having to taking it down (you can also update the files for each song, what you can not do is adding or taking out songs from the release, in order to do that you need to take down the release and send it again).

The cover update was actually done with "Bedtime Stories": it had this grainy scan:

91Am+nuDjJL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Until the vinyl was reissued (around 2016?) and they updated it on digital platforms to this one:

Bedtime_Stories_Madonna.png

"GHV2" was also updated at some point, from this one:

81Tk3jugLyL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

To this one:

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Actually, I think "The Immaculate Collection" regular cover was also subtly updated when they uploaded the Dolby Atmos version a couple of months ago... but it's still a scan. Don't know why is that since they obviously had the original HQ artwork:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/the-immaculate-collection-now-available-in-dolby-atmos

Hope that for the anniversary they change the pic on streaming to this😍

Picsart_23-08-02_14-42-56-375.jpg.227b27529051899dc5b5fcb6daccd0b1.jpg

In theory I like the idea of new mixes of Madonna’s best singles to try to appeal to younger music fans.

In reality I’m not impressed at all by the Blond:ish stuff and other recent releases.

What is the point of this latest Sorry remix, with Madonna’s vocal distorted so as to be unrecognisable? Or is it replaced entirely? Either way, it sounds awful.

Such a shame.

I remember being so disappointed when the rumoured Veronica Electronica remix album didn’t happen. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Ugh, what happened here?  LOL!  Left the cover out in the heat too long? :laughing:

Emily was gonna talk to some aliens in mars about the new deal and if they could help but she brought her vinyl copy of "Confessions On A Dance Floor" so that happened when she went out to the galaxy!🤩

57 minutes ago, burha said:

No releases this week?

We got that unnecessary remix of the already terrible Sorry Remix by Blond:ish, so most likely not.

These are the likely options for this month:

JULY

Dress You Up - July 31, 1985 / December 12, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989
Drowned World/Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998
Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW