Single Reissues Campaign - Who's That Girl - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I don't know but new or alternative covers for the old digital singles doesn't feel completely right to me. They're meant to represent the original thing, right? Even the "Everybody" 2022 RSD vinyl and digital single with the new cover, while an amazing picture, felt weird.

It's different when it's a "new" created project, like the "American Life" Mix Show remixes EP.

This sudden "Oh Father" fever we got feels good, though! Such an underrated single, video and Madonna moment, in general.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't know but new or alternative covers for the old digital singles doesn't feel completely right to me. They're meant to represent the original thing, right? Even the "Everybody" 2022 RSD vinyl and digital single with the new cover, while an amazing picture, felt weird.

It's different when it's a "new" created project, like the "American Life" Mix Show remixes EP.

This sudden "Oh Father" fever we got feels good, though! Such an underrated single, video and Madonna moment, in general.

You do know we're just posting alternative covers for fun?  No one really expects "new ones" are suddenly going to appear for future digital/streaming released of old songs. Of course, they are going to use the associated covers that have already been used for the physical release.  My guess they will pick the original that was released in '89. :)

35 minutes ago, Adonna said:

You do know we're just posting alternative covers for fun?  No one really expects "new ones" are suddenly going to appear for future digital/streaming released of old songs. Of course, they are going to use the associated covers that have already been used for the physical release.  My guess they will pick the original that was released in '89. :)

I do know, thank you very much.

I was just saying how I feel about alternative new covers on official releases, like the "Everybody" digital single.

I still think we're not getting "Oh Father" at all, anyway, so.

On 7/9/2024 at 4:31 AM, Blue Jean said:

To be honest, I’ve been making playlists of all my favourite artists and most of the legacy acts don’t have their past remixes/b-sides handled any better than Madonna. In fact, she’s one of the better ones.

Michael Jackson for example does not even have his old remixes/singles uploaded at all. Kylie is missing all the singles pre 2004. Janet Jackson has some uploaded but way too many missing. I think what Madonna has done is quite fantastic as most of the best remixes are at least available now.

I’m not sure where you’re located but Kylie’s singles pre-2004 are on Spotify in the U.S.

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is still fan-made but would be the best option, very close to the original design:

1+Oh+Father+reworked+by+Madonna+La+Reyna

They used a rather low quality version of the photo used on the cover for this one though and the orange overlay is a bit too intense. The Oh Father font is also bold, not regular. :luv:

image.png.845126aa360964be79d587abead0136d.png

o6tCSlg.png

5 minutes ago, antknee said:

I’m not sure where you’re located but Kylie’s singles pre-2004 are on Spotify in the U.S.

Jealous! I’m in Australia and it jumps from Especially For You (1988) to Kids (2000) with nothing in between. A lot of her remixes are still available via the multitude of remix compilations on there but still a lot of gaps in the discography, at least here in Australia. 

13 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Dear Jessie has a unique fade on the single release that cuts off the fade into Oh Father.

They might release Dear Jessie, Oh Father and The Look Of Love purely for completion purposes (same as Material Girl).

I believe the Oh Father video and the stills weren’t ready when the single cover was prepared. In fact, the lack of a proper vinyl release seems to confirm the theory that Oh Father wasn’t gonna be a single initially until David Fincher convinced her to release it instead of her original choice (likely Spanish Eyes or Till Death Do Us Part).

I think if they release it, this should be the cover:

o6tCSlg.png

Into The Groove is likely over and done with. Same as Fever unfortunately.

Yes the single release was 24 October 1989 and the video shoot was the following week 

Why would they release oh father , dear Jessie and the look of love on digital ? None of these singles had exclusive versions on them ? The whole point of this Campaign is to share remixes surely ? Not a fade or edit of a song - if all you guys want it for is the artwork then that’s just ridiculous- you can download the artwork from the web ? I don’t get these endless debates on this ? sure it’s nice to discuss the beautiful artwork I love them too but some fans on here seem to live for this ?? 

27 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why would they release oh father , dear Jessie and the look of love on digital ? None of these singles had exclusive versions on them ? The whole point of this Campaign is to share remixes surely ? Not a fade or edit of a song - if all you guys want it for is the artwork then that’s just ridiculous- you can download the artwork from the web ? I don’t get these endless debates on this ? sure it’s nice to discuss the beautiful artwork I love them too but some fans on here seem to live for this ?? 

Don’t you enjoy Dear Jessie with a fade at the end ?

1 hour ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

They used a rather low quality version of the photo used on the cover for this one though and the orange overlay is a bit too intense. The Oh Father font is also bold, not regular. :luv:

image.png.845126aa360964be79d587abead0136d.png

o6tCSlg.png

The background is the wrong colour . Also the skin tone is not quite the same.

On 7/9/2024 at 10:08 AM, survivalartist said:

Kylie's streaming on Spotify selection is very bizarre, in my opinion.

Take arguably her most popular song "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". There is a Single listed with 2 remixes available, but in search there are remixes by Greg Kurstin, Nick Faber, one titled "Remix", an Extended Mix, Deluxe's Dirty Dub (on Fever), Extended Instrumental, String Version. Total mess. 

I recently found the same issue with Brandy’s “Full Moon” remixes. After searching with actual remix names, they are spread out over multiple compilations:

I don’t know if this is intentional, but it would seem to me that the labels could also list this as a single for Brandy’s catalog, as well as license them for compilations. A missed opportunity for sure.

2 minutes ago, antknee said:

I recently found the same issue with Brandy’s “Full Moon” remixes. After searching with actual remix names, they are spread out over multiple compilations:

I don’t know if this is intentional, but it would seem to me that the labels could also list this as a single for Brandy’s catalog, as well as license them for compilations. A missed opportunity for sure.

There’s a lot of these issues with streaming. You often see albums with tracks greyed out and stuff like that. Usually it’s do with licensing I think. For eg, if a song features another artist from a different label then the song won’t be available as part of that album.

11 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

would love to hear Oh Father on the next tour, it's criminal it hasn't been performed since 1990

Well, "Oh Father" was her first "flop" since 1984. I believe he hasn't liked the song very much since then. Even during the Blond Ambition Tour, she didn't sing it in full. It's sad because the song is a masterpiece.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Who's That Girl - OUT NOW