Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

@deathproofI'd be excited to know some "proof" (no pun intended) that Who's That Girl is coming with a new date if you have it since I assume that the listing is not the date planned but the day it is really coming to streaming 

“Plans changed” 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

‘Who’s That Girl’ was released on the 29th June in Europe or 30th June in the US, so I’m guessing we will have it on streaming by this weekend, 

Yes!

1. "Who's That Girl" (extended version) – 6:29
  2. "Who's That Girl" (dub version) – 5:07
  3. "White Heat" (LP version) – 4:40

On 6/24/2024 at 9:36 AM, Alpha said:

This is just personal conjecture from certain fans have said...the digital anniversary versions of LAP and TB were tests to see if there was enough interest on streaming. They obviously met expectations and released the standard US maxis for the first few releases like Human Nature, Secret, Hanky Panky, and Music. Obviously reception was really good so they gave cute bonus remixes/edits for Justify My Love and Rescue Me. Fans were genuinely getting excited which is when we started getting expanded versions that weren't just standard commercial releases and actual rare promo mixes for Like a Prayer, Bedtime Story, Express Yourself and Beautiful Stranger. We were INFAMOUSLY going to get a major goldmine with both Fever and Love Don't Live Here Anymore with an insane amount of tracks that were promo but in the end they swapped them for i believe LAP & Bedtime. Shortly after is when she got in the studio with Mike Dean to work on what became Finally Enough Love and when we got the press release about reissues. It's my personal conjecture once it was confirmed to do expanded reissues that they decided to go back to standard US versions so they'd have exclusive content saved for these reissues. We keep hearing they're being worked on and that allegedly 3 are ready to go so its only a matter of time that will get something. We're getting impatient because we want them now but they're being smart about it because...people did spend a pretty penny on FEL. Not everyone has expendable income to spend 200 bucks. They obviously knew fans were going to have expenses buying tickets for the tour and probably figured fans were also going to be spending on tour merch and travel. I'm sure they didn't wanna risk a reissue being a slow seller from over saturation especially since expanded reissues are more of a niche thing specifically for fans. Its barely going to be two months in a couple of weeks since Rio so I would imagine maybe August or Sept for an announcement and preorder to also keep fans satisfied while she's filming the biopic.

This. I wonder if we will get an announcement for LAV 40 on her birthday? 🤔

Apparently Into The Groove was just certified gold. Wonder if something could be coming related to that? Since these days they only seem to certify when something is coming..

Lol idk why they keep doing these paltry little certifications. Like A Prayer has to be eligible for triple or maybe quadruple. Like a Virgin double or triple. Why not go bigger?

4 hours ago, pjackson3 said:

I hope we get Who's that Girl this weekend. I was a bit suspicious of the single cover that was posted earlier in the tread as it's the UK version that showed no lips. I think they have been using the USA covers thus far? 

the lips appear only on the US and Canada 12" not on the 7'

I'll put it here cause it's just this little thing but:

The clean version of the "American Life" album is now available on digital and streaming internationally:

I know it was already in the US? And probably pre-2015 but I think around that time only the explicit version was left in international territories.

Little update this week, wonder why but doesn't hurt.

All these little tweaks happening. Interesting. I wonder if there’s a tidy up happening. Prays the Confessions + EPs get tidied up and dates of recent releases get changed soon. 

Odd that the Hard Candy through to end of Rebel Heart Campaign all have a single version of all the mixes in one tidy EP (even if there’s a few missing) and Confessions and Madame X are a hodge podge. 

26 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

I think something is blocking them from doing corrections. They might also wait till everything is uploaded and do all fixes at once. 

Nothing is blocking them, they can do whatever they want to do. But, as we've said before, she's not the only artist at Warner/Rhino, they manage a big catalogue. Usually they fix things in batches yes.

As for the Interscope stuff, if they didn't care when she was there, much less now she's gone. All the uploaded stuff will be taken down starting in 2025 and reuploaded by Warner.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:36 PM, survivalartist said:

I think it’s “neat” they are filling in blanks like Paper Faces remix of Let It Will Be. I also noticed on GHV2 Deeper & Deeper is now labeled 7’’ Edit I remember when that was a Hot Topic here if it was or was not album version.

I'd love them to put the full OST version of Crazy For You (4:10) or the fade (3:59) on the Something To Remember album. 

54 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I'd love them to put the OST album version of Crazy For You on the Something To Remember album. 

STOP IT.

It belongs on the single along with the original 7" version. They could add the original instrumental or Warning Signs as a treat but I'd be just as fine with getting these two elusive versions where they belong.

The Something To Remember album had a version that was specifically mastered and edited for inclusion on that album. That’s the version that should appear on that album.

Interesting . I hope so. I want all those proper single edits and  the stuff that’s missing.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Nothing is blocking them, they can do whatever they want to do. But, as we've said before, she's not the only artist at Warner/Rhino, they manage a big catalogue. Usually they fix things in batches yes.

As for the Interscope stuff, if they didn't care when she was there, much less now she's gone. All the uploaded stuff will be taken down starting in 2025 and reuploaded by Warner.