Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

Guys, I need a little bit of help understanding something and I don't want open a new thread only because of it. 

What’s the difference between ‘Cherish’ from ‘Celebration’ (3:50) and ‘Cherish’ from ‘TIC’ (3:53)?

One is a new mix (immaculate) and one is a edit of the main song following immaculate structure I think

1 hour ago, RebelMe said:

Guys, I need a little bit of help understanding something and I don't want open a new thread only because of it. 

What’s the difference between ‘Cherish’ from ‘Celebration’ (3:50) and ‘Cherish’ from ‘TIC’ (3:53)?

@Would You Like To Tryexplained it correctly. The "Immaculate" version is a remix in Q-Sound with echoes, some elements more noticeable, etc. The "Celebration" edit is just an edit from the album version. Fun fact: they messed it up in the first editions of "Celebration" and had to fix it later:

Classic.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

@Would You Like To Tryexplained it correctly. The "Immaculate" version is a remix in Q-Sound with echoes, some elements more noticeable, etc. The "Celebration" edit is just an edit from the album version. Fun fact: they messed it up in the first editions of "Celebration" and had to fix it later:

Yep haha. The whole thing could've been avoided, time and money saved, if they just used the 7" version.

18 hours ago, Erotico said:

still missing Everybody Dub, who knows if it will appear...

Yes! The 'Everybody' dub version would be nice. 

6 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Cherish on the TIC is mixed with Q-Sound (spatial audio mixing, basically) with the first two snaps presents in the intro.

Cherish on the Celebration album is an edit of the album version with the two snaps absent (as is in the album version). They fucked up on the editing on the bridge with "Can't get away, I won't let TO" instead of "I can never forget to" on the first pressing. The later pressings and the streaming versions have this (and the Erotica edit error) fixed.

Thinking about it now... why did they decide to reconstruct the edit when the 7" edits masters are literally around?

38 minutes ago, Roy said:

Cherish on the TIC is mixed with Q-Sound (spatial audio mixing, basically) with the first two snaps presents in the intro.

Cherish on the Celebration album is an edit of the album version with the two snaps absent (as is in the album version). They fucked up on the editing on the bridge with "Can't get away, I won't let TO" instead of "I can never forget to" on the first pressing. The later pressings and the streaming versions have this (and the Erotica edit error) fixed.

Thinking about it now... why did they decide to reconstruct the edit when the 7" edits masters are literally around?

There was an initial tracklist with the versions being used and i think most were going to be q-sound. Like a Prayer and Express Yourself were DEFINITELY going to be q-sound and fans complained so they changed it but it wasnt until the album was released that we realized some were unique versions.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

There was an initial tracklist with the versions being used and i think most were going to be q-sound. Like a Prayer and Express Yourself were DEFINITELY going to be q-sound and fans complained so they changed it but it wasnt until the album was released that we realized some were unique versions.

I remember this also. Somewhere it was leaked that were going to use a lot more "Immaculate" versions but fans started complaining to Guy Oseary on Twitter and they finally changed a lot of them to the album versions.

Makes sense cause the official 1 minute teaser and also intro to the DVD uses more "TIC" versions that didn't end up on the final "Celebration" compilation:

- Holiday

- Material Girl

- Papa Don't Preach

- La Isla Bonita

- Cherish

- Express Yourself

- Into The Groove

- Like A Prayer

Maybe the teaser/video was made early in the process before they decided to use more album versions instead of "Immaculate" ones.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I remember this also. Somewhere it was leaked that were going to use a lot more "Immaculate" versions but fans started complaining to Guy Oseary on Twitter and they finally changed a lot of them to the album versions.

Makes sense cause the official 1 minute teaser and also intro to the DVD uses more "TIC" versions that didn't end up on the final "Celebration" compilation:

- Holiday

- Material Girl

- Papa Don't Preach

- La Isla Bonita

- Cherish

- Express Yourself

- Into The Groove

- Like A Prayer

Maybe the teaser/video was made early in the process before they decided to use more album versions instead of "Immaculate" ones.

I loved this Immaculate 2.0 ad!

9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I loved this Immaculate 2.0 ad!

Actually is one of the best bits from that campaign! I still love it to this day.

It's funny how "Celebration" was basically meant to include almost the whole "TIC" album plus all the other songs from later. I mean, it shows they just took the most easily accessible master tapes and ran: the ones from "Immaculate", some album versions (straight lifted from the albums with fades in and everything, like "Hollywood"). Then fans complained and they made some bad edits on the go: "Express Yourself", "Cherish", "Erotica"...

People thought "GHV2" was lazy, but "Celebration" was way, way more lazy. That lack of quality control with an artist like her was surprising and disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Actually is one of the best bits from that campaign! I still love it to this day.

It's funny how "Celebration" was basically meant to include almost the whole "TIC" album plus all the other songs from later. I mean, it shows they just took the most easily accessible master tapes and run: the ones from "Immaculate", some album versions (straight lifted from the albums with fades in and everything, like "Hollywood"). Then fans complained and they made some bad edits on the go: "Express Yourself", "Cherish", "Erotica"...

People thought "GHV2" was lazy, but "Celebration" was way, way more lazy. That lack of quality control with an artist like her was surprising and disappointing.

Would explain the rushed like a prayer master, I saw the original leaked one and indeed it has both these songs as Immaculate versions and Cherish too!

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Would explain the rushed like a prayer master, I saw the original leaked one and indeed it has both these songs as Immaculate versions and Cherish too!

I can't find the original first "Celebration" tracklist with all the "Immaculate" versions, I thought it was Madonna Tribe reporting about it but didn't find it there now. Anyone knows how to check it? Was it a CD-R promo or something or just retail advance info?

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I can't find the original first "Celebration" tracklist with all the "Immaculate" versions, I thought it was Madonna Tribe reporting about it but didn't find it there now. Anyone knows how to check it? Was it a CD-R promo or something or just retail advance info?

I remember reading it on myspace lol

And the Hollywood with American Life intro is actually the DVD!!! I'm no expert but i think the biggest flaw was that the DVD set was a single layer not a dual layer and that's why the quality was so shitty

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I remember reading it on myspace lol

And the Hollywood with American Life intro is actually the DVD!!! I'm no expert but i think the biggest flaw was that the DVD set was a single layer not a dual layer and that's why the quality was so shitty

The DVD using DVD-5 and not DVD-9 was so CHEAP and unnecessary and the reason why the quality sucks, yeah.

Gosh, I hate that project. They f***ed up the one that needed to be the most perfect one. Her legacy. Her history.

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

When the tracklist of the versions was leaked, the fans (me too) complained a lot about seeing so many tracks from The Immaculate Collection. Therefore, weeks before the CD was released, some versions were changed. However, these changes were known well before the CD came out. What we didn't know was the butchering they did with the edits of certain songs like 'Express Yourself,' 'Erotica,' 'Cherish,' 'Dress You Up...

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Rushed LAP master? What about it?

23 minutes ago, Roy said:

"Remastered" my upper left ass...

I don’t agree. Many classic videos were indeed remastered. If you check the original video clips from TV sources, you’ll see the difference. However, the remastering was compromised and rendered useless when all the videos were compressed into a DVD-5.

98nWZDo.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The "Celebration" version is a slowed down, pitched down, whatever down version of the proper album version.

Probably was the tape transfer or whatever.

A shame cause, apart from the speed, it's not a bad remaster and the bass slaps there.

I think they were trying to correct the pitch of the song since in the original album version, it is pitched up slightly, possibly due to the master transfer.

I think the atrocity starts with the channel swap of Material Girl.

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don’t agree. Many classic videos were indeed remastered. If you check the original video clips from TV sources, you’ll see the difference. However, the remastering was compromised and rendered useless when all the videos were compressed into a DVD-5.

Ohhh... DVD-5, being a single layered DVD or something to do with region-locking?

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

I think they were trying to correct the pitch of the song since in the original album version, it is pitched up slightly, possibly due to the master transfer.

But the speed of the original album version (even if it was slightly sped up) is the same as the 7'' mix and all the remixes.

I think they just f**d it up with the "Celebration" transfer/master.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

But the speed of the original album version (even if it was slightly sped up) is the same as the 7'' mix and all the remixes.

I think they just f**d it up with the "Celebration" transfer/master.

Like A Prayer was a digital recording, so it should always sound at the same speed. My theory is that it was taken from an analog copy and not from the original recording, because that change in speed makes no sense.

19 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

98nWZDo.jpeg

It's a good transfer but yeah, the compression sucks.

The HD remaster is good though. :D

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW