Masterpiece Sessions?

Shoful

So I begrudgingly put on MDNA today and listened straight through as I went to the gym. And wow Masterpiece is truly THAT SONG! Now I know this song was written for her movie, but were there any other songs written during that session? This song is leaps and bounds ahead of everything else on MDNA. 

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

I highly doubt she recorded anything else. She mentioned how Guy Oseary had to twist her arm to record Masterpiece as she didn't want any of her music in the film to distract from her directing project. 

Omg Guy did something right for once? Wtf is wrong with her why wouldn’t she want to record that amazing song :drama:

Just now, Shoful said:

Omg Guy did something right for once? Wtf is wrong with her why wouldn’t she want to record that amazing song :drama:

I think she just really wanted the world to take her movie seriously. Rumour has it she purposely had the song start late in the credits so it wouldn't be eligible for an Academy Award. But yet she still won a Golden Globe. 

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

I think she just really wanted the world to take her movie seriously. Rumour has it she purposely had the song start late in the credits so it wouldn't be eligible for an Academy Award. But yet she still won a Golden Globe. 

She’s crazy. She might’ve won an Oscar :Madonna007:

I love the song just the way it is, but the way it starts makes me think of the ray of light demos. Like its still in one of its earliest forms and could have been much more if the production would have been more polished.

I agree its the best song on MDNA, I wish she did a complete album with those types of songs. A Something to Remember 2.

Hmmmm good song but terrible production. Sozz but that endless beat loop and cheesy karaoke synth strings......I’ve no idea what she and William Orbit were smoking. Why did they cut  Able Korzeniowski’s string arrangements?? Madness?? Much prefer live version from the MDNA tour, has more soul. 

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

Hmmmm good song but terrible production. Sozz but that endless beat loop and cheesy karaoke synth strings......I’ve no idea what she and William Orbit were smoking. Why did they cut  Able Korzeniowski’s string arrangements?? Madness?? Much prefer live version from the MDNA tour, has more soul. 

Is there a demo version with his arrangement?

It’s badly produced and I’m sure she hasn’t contributed anything to it except for changing a word or two here and there – she didn’t recognise her co-writers when she received the Golden Globe – but it’s a lovely track and a true masterpiece on the otherwise more than mediocre MDNA-album.