MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it's here to stay but it's peaked. There's some market discourse too so I think we'll see a levelling out is more to my point. 

I'm not sure if it's peaked as sales are increasing more and more with Vinyl.  Though, I can see your point in it leveling out as so many artists are releasing Vinyls now, especially colored vinyl.  This is why I think prices might eventually come down as they will be more and more common.  I don't see it necessarily tapering off anytime soon or much in the future.  I think it will remain as an optional format for years to come.

40 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it's here to stay but it's peaked. There's some market discourse too so I think we'll see a levelling out is more to my point. 

Don't know about it peaking yet:
US vinyl sales up 21.7% for first half of 2023
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/12/vinyl-sales-us-report

"Vinyl sales in the US are up 21.7% for the first half of 2023 over the same period last year, according to a new music industry report. The vinyl resurgence is itself not new – 2022 marked the 17th consecutive year that sales of vinyl records rose, according to Luminate’s music midyear report. But the growth rate this year has reassured experts that the vinyl market did not hit a natural plateau after surging during the pandemic, which caused a 108% increase in 2021."

58 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Don't know about it peaking yet:
US vinyl sales up 21.7% for first half of 2023
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/12/vinyl-sales-us-report

"Vinyl sales in the US are up 21.7% for the first half of 2023 over the same period last year, according to a new music industry report. The vinyl resurgence is itself not new – 2022 marked the 17th consecutive year that sales of vinyl records rose, according to Luminate’s music midyear report. But the growth rate this year has reassured experts that the vinyl market did not hit a natural plateau after surging during the pandemic, which caused a 108% increase in 2021."

Thank you for posting this.  Very informative.  :)  I'm so glad Vinyl has made its way back.  I'll be buying it more often again. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

I wish it would go away. So much pollution and for what a giant colorful disc that  plays music that you can otherwise play in digital forms that creates zero pollution :Madonna041: 

Are you sure digital formats aren't pollutant? They need to be stored somewhere, even having backup copies, and man those hard disks need to be cooled constantly. It's not as if emails, series on streaming platforms and all the like are floating in the air...

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

I wish it would go away. So much pollution and for what a giant colorful disc that  plays music that you can otherwise play in digital forms that creates zero pollution :Madonna041: 

In case of Madonna 

Her digital releases form is a Mess, it polluted us as a fan

Her catalogue are best in Physical releases 

1 hour ago, Nicmag said:

Are you sure digital formats aren't pollutant? They need to be stored somewhere, even having backup copies, and man those hard disks need to be cooled constantly. It's not as if emails, series on streaming platforms and all the like are floating in the air...

Much less so than factories that create them and produce physic pollutants when everyone decides to throw their vinyls away 

12 minutes ago, deathproof said:

no one is saying you have to buy it

Homever some people claim their "collection" is incomplete of they don't have no vinyl even if they have it on other format

Haven't happened to me as I have no collection:Madonna031:but some people have been tod this or given a backhanded message

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

The vinyl surge better not die until I get all 14 of Madonna's studio albums on gorgeous colored vinyl designs :angry:

It pains me that the biggest pop artist in the world doesn't have a visually competitive vinylography.

All of her albums except MDNA, AL and RH have been released on at least one non-black variant. 
But don’t worry, I’m sure more color variants are coming 

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Homever some people claim their "collection" is incomplete of they don't have no vinyl even if they have it on other format

Haven't happened to me as I have no collection:Madonna031:but some people have been tod this or given a backhanded message

Oh you're a very rude person :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Reinvention Tour turns 20. I kind of suspect that we will get a deluxe edition of the I’m Going to Tell You a Secret album on vinyl including the studio version of I’m So Stupid and the full versions of the 35mm filmed songs from Paris. (She will never release that amateur video garbage from Lisbon floating around YouTube)

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Anyway guys, I'll reiterate that my collection is NOT complete until I have all the albums on colored vinyl and i hope she pollutes sooo many oceans and forests until i have a sufficiently satisfying supply of vinyls :bothered: 

LOL!  Yeah, the whole "polluting" mention is a bit over the top, but like you I wouldn't mind what you are saying.  I don't plan to be throwing away my collection anytime soon anyway.  Buying a Vinyl isn't like buying a plastic bottle of water.  People actually enjoy and play it for years and years. Making this an environmental issue seems a bit weird when there are far more things we use and throw away that are wasteful than a Vinyl album. Besides, I'm all for all other format options of music. It shouldn't be a competition how we enjoy Madonna.  As long as we are just enjoying her. It's just some fans prefer to own their music in a physical capacity.  At the same time, it doesn't mean people can't enjoy her by just streaming her music. :)

41 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Reinvention Tour turns 20. I kind of suspect that we will get a deluxe edition of the I’m Going to Tell You a Secret album on vinyl including the studio version of I’m So Stupid and the full versions of the 35mm filmed songs from Paris. (She will never release that amateur video garbage from Lisbon floating around YouTube)

I can’t believe it’s going to be 20 years next year!

Such a fun tour that I was lucky enough to see live 4 times, including opening night.

I’d love for the show to be officially released. :luv:

13 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I can’t believe it’s going to be 20 years next year!

Such a fun tour that I was lucky enough to see live 4 times, including opening night.

I’d love for the show to be officially released. :luv:

I went to 8 shows. It was the tour I saw the most! Very special memories for me. 

People debating the vinyl resurgence like we’re not already in the midst of the cassette revival that her people are already late on. Start saving up those pennies girls and make room on the display shelves for the inevitable multicolored cassette reissues of her entire catalogue 💸😎

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

People debating the vinyl resurgence like we’re not already in the midst of the cassette revival that her people are already late on. Start saving up those pennies girls and make room on the display shelves for the inevitable multicolored cassette reissues of her entire catalogue 💸😎

Exactly.  It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to buy any of this.  It's not a damn contest.  Whatever way you choose to enjoy consuming your music is fine by me.  Just don't get upset over those who prefer to enjoy things they can buy physically.  If you can't afford it, then don't buy it.  I can't afford going to multiple concerts, but there are plenty of fans who do spend money on multiple concerts, but you don't see me criticizing their choice of doing so.  We all choose to consume and enjoy our music in different ways.  I'm the first one to agree that streaming is very convenient, but like I mentioned before I prefer to own a physical copy of my favorite music. And right now, I'm enjoying Vinyls.  :party:

9 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

We waiting for a ipod revival

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

If we don't get it back on streaming I'm gonna be saddened by that unless Emily owned the album on streaming now that she won the lottery she bought it and we have to wait for a "I'm going to tell you a secret (Madonna's Version)" coming December 2035:Madonna031:

We love a lottery queen master ownership has been fired