MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

From Guy O:

"On Saturday June 24, Madonna developed a serious bacterial infection which lead to a several day stay in the ICU.

Her health is improving, however she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected.

At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour.

We will share more details with you soon as we have them, including a new start date for the tour and for rescheduled shows."

He is not referring to tour only, but also to" all commitments" so I strongly believe this is referring to the first album anniversary plans as well. 

So if anything 'big' (such a reissue) was planned, it is going to be delayed as well. 

The thing is; whatever they have planned for the First album anniversary has been planned months ago.  She doesn't need to be personally active or present for a re-issue to happen.  Even though, I expect the tour was going to tie into it all, it shouldn't stop them from celebrating the anniversary of her first album.  Any physical, digital  and streaming release, related to the anniversary of the first album still can go as planned.  It's just she won't be personally available to promote it, which I doubt she was going to do anyway, other than the tour.  The rest can be done by her team.

And as awful as this may sound, her illness here will probably only drive more interest to whatever does come our way.  Knowing she's ill, will cause fans and the public alike to pay more attention to her.  So yeah, I'm expecting they are going to go as planned with the anniversary of the first album.  If anything, Warners and her team may amp up the publicity more. 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

The thing is; whatever they have planned for the First album anniversary has been planned months ago.  She doesn't need to be personally active or present for a re-issue to happen.  Even though, I expect the tour was going to tie into it all, it shouldn't stop them from celebrating the anniversary of her first album.  Any physical, digital  and streaming release, related to the anniversary of the first album still can go as planned.  It's just she won't be personally available to promote it, which I doubt she was going to do anyway, other than the tour.  The rest can be done by her team.

And as awful as this may sound, her illness here will probably only drive more interest to whatever does come our way.  Knowing she's ill, will cause fans and the public alike to pay more attention to her.  So yeah, I'm expecting they are going to go as planned with the anniversary of the first album.  If anything, Warners and her team may amp up the publicity more. 

I suspect the reissue was linked to the tour starting - so any delay to the tour may delay that reissue - or now that this has happened they might amend their plans. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I suspect the reissue was linked to the tour starting - so any delay to the tour may delay that reissue - or now that this has happened they might amend their plans. 

I doubt it though.  The first album's 40th anniversary will come and go no matter what.  I'm sure her team will want to spin as much positivity after what's happened, by at least keeping the physical, streaming and digital plans on schedule.  She doesn't have to be active for a re-issue to happen.  After all, we have legends who have passed away, who have re-issues and expanded sets, etc., happening. 

But I agree, the tour probably was going to play into the promotion of whatever planned.  :)

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

I doubt it though.  The first album's 40th anniversary will come and go no matter what.  I'm sure her team will want to spin as much positivity after what's happened, by at least keeping the physical, streaming and digital plans on schedule.  She doesn't have to be active for a re-issue to happen.  After all, we have legends who have passed away, who have re-issues and expanded sets, etc., happening. 

But I agree, the tour probably was going to play into the promotion of whatever planned.  :)

Well, the tour was 'The Celebration Tour' celebrating her 4 decades -so makes sense to use that buzz from the start to launch the first re issue.

But who knows - let's see!

Just now, Jackie said:

Well, the tour was 'The Celebration Tour' celebrating her 4 decades -so makes sense to use that buzz from the start to launch the first re issue.

But who knows - let's see!

Yes, I'm sure that was going to be the case.  But it still shouldn't stop them from celebrating that Anniversary.  Like you said; we'll have to see.  I'm still hopeful! 

Yeah, I can't see them pausing a reissue if it's already been finalized. If it were a new album, that would be a different story. But, I mean... Are we really expecting a reissue this year? Let's be real now. 

If one does come out around the first leg of the tour, the good news is Madonna can rest and doesn't need to lift a finger to promote it. 

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Yeah, I can't see them pausing a reissue if it's already been finalized. If it were a new album, that would be a different story. But, I mean... Are we really expecting a reissue this year? Let's be real now. 

If one does come out around the first leg of the tour, the good news is Madonna can rest and doesn't need to lift a finger to promote it. 

I do think a re-issue is coming this year. I believe it will be for the first album.  I'm thinking we are going to get an announcement in July for pre-orders.   I'm sure there is a tie in to the tour, being she will be performing some songs from the album.  Though, I don't think there will be traditional promotion like if it's a new album.  I just believe it will come available for order and there will most likely be ads/social media videos tying in the 40 years.  This all can still happen without the tour, starting in July. 

7 hours ago, tscott said:

Still, why would they refer not only to tour, but specifically mentioning "we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour." 

I agree she doesn't need to be present for the first reissue launch, but clearly there was some tie-in with tour planned or at least some other promo including Madonna presence, otherwise they would just communicated the tour is delayed, but no other commitments. 

21 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Still, why would they refer not only to tour, but specifically mentioning "we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour." 

I agree she doesn't need to be present for the first reissue launch, but clearly there was some tie-in with tour planned or at least some other promo including Madonna presence, otherwise they would just communicated the tour is delayed, but no other commitments. 

I would assume by that they mean any commitments that requires her presence.  Simple as that.  She doesn't need to be present to release a re-issued album physically and on digital and streaming platforms.  The anniversary will happen in July no matter what, so I can't imagine them canceling what might include taking pre-orders for a re-issue and updating her streaming and video catalog on streaming and digital platforms.  Her own team can generate publicity videos and what not, but I suspect that probably has already been done. 

I'm sure the tour is going to serve as a promotional tool as well, but that shouldn't stop the Anniversary of her 1st album from being celebrated.  She is/was two weeks away from her first show.  Anything that was planned to help promote the first re-issue is probably done.  But I highly doubt she was planning to do any interviews or appearances other than start her tour.

Anyway, we'll just see how it plays out.  :)

49 minutes ago, tscott said:

I would assume by that they mean any commitments that requires her presence.  Simple as that.  She doesn't need to be present to release a re-issued album physically and on digital and streaming platforms.  The anniversary will happen in July no matter what, so I can't imagine them canceling what might include taking pre-orders for a re-issue and updating her streaming and video catalog on streaming and digital platforms.  Her own team can generate publicity videos and what not, but I suspect that probably has already been done. 

I'm sure the tour is going to serve as a promotional tool as well, but that shouldn't stop the Anniversary of her 1st album from being celebrated.  She is/was two weeks away from her first show.  Anything that was planned to help promote the first re-issue is probably done.  But I highly doubt she was planning to do any interviews or appearances other than start her tour.

Anyway, we'll just see how it plays out.  :)

Sure, those are only our speculations for now, let's see what July 27th brings :)

I would still rather have absolutely nothing (including no reissue, no tour) than her being seriously ill. 

9 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Sure, those are only our speculations for now, let's see what July 27th brings :)

I would still rather have absolutely nothing (including no reissue, no tour) than her being seriously ill. 

Let's be clear.  Her health comes first.  But that shouldn't stop things that can still be released without her presence.  There are plenty of artists who are no longer with us, who get re-issues, etc. 

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

Let's be clear.  Her health comes first.  But that shouldn't stop things that can still be released without her presence.  There are plenty of artists who are no longer with us, who get re-issues, etc. 

Agree, but we do not know what exactly was planned for the first album re-issue (if it is happening), thats the point, maybe it was something "big" requiring her at least partly presence, thats why they are communicating all commitments are going to be postponed, which is then totally understandable ... but as I said, lets see what July 27th brings, it is not that far away, we have been waiting for 2 years anyway.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:51 AM, HC Charge said:

Agree, but we do not know what exactly was planned for the first album re-issue (if it is happening), thats the point, maybe it was something "big" requiring her at least partly presence, thats why they are communicating all commitments are going to be postponed, which is then totally understandable ... but as I said, lets see what July 27th brings, it is not that far away, we have been waiting for 2 years anyway.

I'm sure the tour is pretty much the tie-in commitment regarding the first album re-issue (if there is one?).  The rest is promotional ads, videos and digital and physical releases that can be done without Madonna.  It doesn't take much "commitment" from her to roll out a re-issue.  It's not like she's releasing a new album.  It's not like she's going to go out and do any interviews.  No matter what, you can bet there will be a celebrational release of her 40th Anniversary of her first album, this coming month.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I'm sure the tour is pretty much the tie-in commitment regarding the first album re-issue (if there is one?).  The rest is promotional ads, videos and digital and physical releases that can be done without Madonna.  It doesn't take much "commitment" from her to roll out a re-issue.  It's not like she's releasing a new album.  It's not like she's going to go out and do any interviews.  No matter what, you can bet there will be a mention of her 40th Anniversary, this coming month.

Not saying there won't be a meniton of her 40th Anniversary, that is basically guaranteed. But clearly, there were some bigger plans for her than "just" roll-out some basic reissue, post couple of posts on insta and upload some YouTube videos. Which make sense then that "a proper celebration" of 40th anni and commitments related to that might be postponed for later this year. 

But we are going in circles here, so let's just wait till July 27th or whenever they are going to communicate new plans for everything. 

I think the 40th Anniversary thing will still happen unless it's all intrinsically tied to the tour In terms of guest performers and remixes etc.

She could run with Sept 9th which is 9 weeks away which is a good amount of rest.. That's the Holiday single release which is actually her proper breakthrough single and bounce the album into quarter four. Obviously this is assuming she is well. I don't really want her yes and going things from her rest bed. She needs to switch off completely.

If nothing happens and they push it back til next year then I think the back catalogue singles roll out will resume to keep her streaming presence up. She and her team will not want to waste the streaming momentum by going awol for three months as this has all been a long term plan for some years now. 

But her health is 100% the most important. I do not want posthumous anniversaries. shudder. 

I bet this has shaken Guy O to his very core. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do people still think we will get a reissue fit the first album with the anniversary this close ? No way in hell - I have given up on M giving me what I want now and just made peace with it - if all warners are going to do is just churn out a redundant and in practical format like vinyl they have lost my money 

I just want her to get back to being healthy now and give those fans going to see celebration tour a night to remember- I’m not seeing the tour as for me her amazing live shows finished when she preferred playback to actual live musicians 

i wonder if they gonna release something special on july 27th, like a bed spread. I'm convinced they are gonna have a press release announcing the deluxe album for november. And because she's Madonna one of the bonuses is gonna be a new track in the spirit of the album.

Don't wake me up from my fuzzy dream. Thanks.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Do people still think we will get a reissue fit the first album with the anniversary this close ? No way in hell - I have given up on M giving me what I want now and just made peace with it - if all warners are going to do is just churn out a redundant and in practical format like vinyl they have lost my money 

I just want her to get back to being healthy now and give those fans going to see celebration tour a night to remember- I’m not seeing the tour as for me her amazing live shows finished when she preferred playback to actual live musicians 

If it was ever gonna happen it would have been announced on the album anniversary so we won’t know until the 27th