MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ahead of their Peace Out World Tour, Aerosmith just updated their online official store with a shit load of merchandise that could cause a hardcore fan to have a heart attack if not go bankrupt.  It includes a new huge Deluxe Greatest Hits and reissues of remastered key albums. There is jewelry available in their store costing up to $1200 and a "Meet and Greet" costing $2500.00. The Deluxe 4 LP Colored Vinyl runs as high as $210.00.  What's interesting that the various re-issues are simply the original albums with nothing new.  The new Greatest Hits (which can be purchased in various editions) could include up to 10 tracks up to 44 tracks, depending on how much you are willing to spend, but doesn't really include anything unreleased or rare.

So this makes wonder what Madonna's store may end up like when the tour kicks off?  Say what you will, but the trend with artists lately is to make an abundance of merchandise available from shirts, rugs, slipmats, jewelry, shot glasses, as well as including varied editions of key albums. 

I expect Madonna's store will be stocked with a load of nostalgic merchandise that revisits many of her eras.  And maybe this is wishful thinking, but I can see they may have a deluxe version of the debut album available and possibly a reissue of the Celebration album among other key albums available,  but not necessarily deluxe editions as I can see them coming further down the line. 

Come July, I think our bank accounts will be depleted because the merchandise whether it's new reissues or not, the merchandise will be plentiful. 

To give you an idea how expensive things are for artists beyond Madonna, here is a silver sterling neckace costing $1200.00 in the Aerosmith Store. It's called "Ring Necklace" and doesn't really include anything that identifies to an Aerosmith era, song or moment:

MwBJSetU_670x.png?v=1660747484

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

^^I could see Madonna's team doing this lol. A bunch of accessories or jewelry that has no reference to her music. 

To be fair, most of the merchandise on the Aerosmith is related, I just posted this one because it was the least related to anything that I know of.  The other jewelry they are selling has significance to logos and songs they've had in the past.  I'm just shocked how expensive it is getting.  The meet and greet is the most expensive, and even then you get to meet Steven and Joe, get a picture with them, first chance at merchandise, and a dinner (not with any of the band members). 

On 6/21/2023 at 1:24 AM, tscott said:

So ahead of their Peace Out World Tour, Aerosmith just updated their online official store with a shit load of merchandise that could cause a hardcore fan to have a heart attack if not go bankrupt.  It includes a new huge Deluxe Greatest Hits and reissues of remastered key albums. There is jewelry available in their store costing up to $1200 and a "Meet and Greet" costing $2500.00. The Deluxe 4 LP Colored Vinyl runs as high as $210.00.  What's interesting that the various re-issues are simply the original albums with nothing new.  The new Greatest Hits (which can be purchased in various editions) could include up to 10 tracks up to 44 tracks, depending on how much you are willing to spend, but doesn't really include anything unreleased or rare.

So this makes wonder what Madonna's store may end up like when the tour kicks off?  Say what you will, but the trend with artists lately is to make an abundance of merchandise available from shirts, rugs, slipmats, jewelry, shot glasses, as well as including varied editions of key albums. 

I expect Madonna's store will be stocked with a load of nostalgic merchandise that revisits many of her eras.  And maybe this is wishful thinking, but I can see they may have a deluxe version of the debut album available and possibly a reissue of the Celebration album among other key albums available,  but not necessarily deluxe editions as I can see them coming further down the line. 

Come July, I think our bank accounts will be depleted because the merchandise whether it's new reissues or not, the merchandise will be plentiful. 

To give you an idea how expensive things are for artists beyond Madonna, here is a silver sterling neckace costing $1200.00 in the Aerosmith Store. It's called "Ring Necklace" and doesn't really include anything that identifies to an Aerosmith era, song or moment:

MwBJSetU_670x.png?v=1660747484

The day a record that has just been released costs more than 1000 dollars, I think it will be the end of my collection.
I don't understand this kind of price, which for me is a form of scorn towards fans who have invested themselves during a good part of their life to follow a band and to collect their records or others.

2 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

Random thought: Her box set can't be released until 2025. WB does not own MDNA, RH or MX until 2025.

They are not going to release a box set with all the albums like they were going to do to 20 years ago. The deluxes are going to be for each particular album like Price, Paul McCartney, The Beatles etc are doing. 

11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Calm down bitches - she’s getting ready to treat us with a hard candy hologram sleeve and a 7” picture disc for erotica for those who missed out on the release last year 🙄

2 years was not enough time to prepare one deluxe album expanded release 🤧

Hologram Sleeve with limited 1000 copies of Hard Candy Slip Mat (Rainbow Candies Deluxe Edition)

Prepare your wallets, bitches! 

2 weeks until the start of the tour. I think if we don’t hear anything in these 2 weeks it’s probably not going to happen. 

last chance would be an announcement in July 27th (the anniversary of the release of the first album). 

so from now on we have 1 month. If nothing is announced in this month then we can just forget about it I guess 

35 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

2 weeks until the start of the tour. I think if we don’t hear anything in these 2 weeks it’s probably not going to happen. 

last chance would be an announcement in July 27th (the anniversary of the release of the first album). 

so from now on we have 1 month. If nothing is announced in this month then we can just forget about it I guess 

Nothing's coming in July/August now, it's too late already.

Best chance is that we're having an announcement and pre-orders for a Fall release in July 27th or on her birthday, we know she loves her important dates. :Madonna009:

BUT if the Max Martin track is coming next or it's even on the "Barbie" soundtrack as rumored, I think we'll have to wait a little more. She's really into new music now with "Popular" and "Vulgar" and it's doing great so they're focused on building up her music profile again. Her streaming numbers have never been better than now.

Maybe it's time for the Max Martin track, boom and then yes, announcing the first reissue to make the most of it.

Max Martin said the song is a nod to her 80s music so if it smashes it would completely lay the ground for a "Madonna 40" release next.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nothing's coming in July/August now, it's too late already.

Best chance is that we're having an announcement and pre-orders for a Fall release in July 27th or on her birthday, we know she loves her important dates. :Madonna009:

BUT if the Max Martin track is coming next or it's even on the "Barbie" soundtrack as rumored, I think we'll have to wait a little more. She's really into new music now with "Popular" and "Vulgar" and it's doing great so they're focused on building up her music profile again. Her streaming numbers have never been better than now.

Maybe it's time for the Max Martin track, boom and then yes, announcing the first reissue to make the most of it.

Max Martin said the song is a nod to her 80s music so if it smashes it would completely lay the ground for a "Madonna 40" release next.

If there is a Madonna reissue it will be going live on the anniversary date at the end of July. 

49 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There are two songs yet to be announced from the soundtrack:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/barbie-the-album/1689238301

Tracks 6 and 11.

Max Martin won't do a song for a small release, so it's gotta be something big.

Of course this could be nothing in the end.

It's not a Madonna song :)