MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that does give me a little hope, is that despite Madonna's resistance historically to milking her past material, I think she's also the type of person who would want her catalogue honored while she's still alive to bask in her flowers, not to wait until she's gone to let people reissue shit without her. Her personality is inclined to make these reissues happen while she's still around and active.

1 minute ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

The one thing that does give me a little hope, is that despite Madonna's resistance historically to milking her past material, I think she's also the type of person who would want her catalogue honored while she's still alive to bask in her flowers, not to wait until she's gone to let people reissue shit without her. Her personality is inclined to make these reissues happen while she's still around and active.

I do agree with this.  I mean; once she is gone, they are going to do what they please anyway.  I can also see her making sure catalog is looked after by some trusted younger family member or friend of the family or associate.  She's even said lately she doesn't have any intention of selling off her catalog. 

On the other hand, that could limit what a lot of fans are hoping, especially those who compare other artists catalogs being picked through and getting re-issues, etc. :)

My confusion on the MX Tour is if it had been under the the Warner deal, I think they would have put it under their own streaming service (HBO Max at the time) instead of on Paramount+/MTV. It would make 0 sense to farm it out to a competing service (and initially it was rumored to be going to Netflix).

Is the deal for just music and not video? Did the streaming rights happen before the Warner deal was finalized, but then they got to distribute the album since that would be a separate situation? Why not just go with the Warner streaming service when she was in the midst of embarking on this huge deal with? HBO Max didn't even seem to be in the running when streamers were being rumored.

19 minutes ago, pop1979 said:

Ahora es el momento de la lanzar los 4 vinilos de CELEBRATION , ahora o nunca 👑🤘

Good idea,but I'm not sure they will do it now especially with the hype of the reissue

Buena idea,pero no estoy seguro que lo vayan a hacer ahora considerando la atencion cerca de Madonna40

37 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don’t agree.

It does not seem that Madonna is particularly interested in preserving her work in peak audio or video. Lossy tracks, fake mixes, loudness wars, single versions mostly excluded. Videos I can go on and on.

Which is a shame.

18 minutes ago, mancandy said:

My confusion on the MX Tour is if it had been under the the Warner deal, I think they would have put it under their own streaming service (HBO Max at the time) instead of on Paramount+/MTV. It would make 0 sense to farm it out to a competing service (and initially it was rumored to be going to Netflix).

Is the deal for just music and not video? Did the streaming rights happen before the Warner deal was finalized, but then they got to distribute the album since that would be a separate situation? Why not just go with the Warner streaming service when she was in the midst of embarking on this huge deal with? HBO Max didn't even seem to be in the running when streamers were being rumored.

At this time, it is the music from MXT that is distributed by Warner.  I'm sure there was some licensing issues when it came to the actual concert doc.  It's probably why Warner hasn't the rights of the last three albums just yet.

2 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I don’t agree.

It does not seem that Madonna is particularly interested in preserving her work in peak audio or video. Lossy tracks, fake mixes, loudness wars, single versions mostly excluded. Videos I can go on and on.

Which is a shame.

I agree. We complain about incorrect track versions like on self titled or Immaculate but sadly she probably isn’t even aware. Or doesn’t care for that matter. She probably hasn’t listened to either since before they’ve been digitally available.

I think with the digital single reissues, they probably tell her what single they’re uploading next, she approves and that’s it.

Even Celebration I suspect she was minimally involved in. She gave her ok on what songs were included and that was it. Hence the errors and perplexing track version selections. She was fine w/gabbing about all those old songs w/rolling stone but prob couldn’t be bothered to give it a final listen.

15 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

You have a twisted sense of fun, then... And I like it :Madonna008:

See you there tomorrow! 

Yes!

The biggest meltdown will be coming from the person who was insisting there would be something on July 27 and who now says they are into watching the meltdowns. LOL!

IMG_0988.gif.a11fda0e24a3254ccc5687fd209a279c.gif