MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, Alpha said:

Yup. It'll definitely be interesting. I'm really hoping it's done by A24 as they seem to really be the perfect example of art + commerce done absolutely right. Idk if you're really into film but damn, they've done alot of great films. Tbh if we're getting into this scenario I'd rather the film turnout out like Priscilla than the Elvis film. I think fans are too worried about criticism at this time but once she's long gone it's definitely going to have a different set of eyes that will see the effort and hard work. Anyway, I really hope it's still happening.

A24 is mainly a distribution company. Their annual production budget is around 15-16 million. I don't think they'd be able to produce the film given the likely budget it would entail. 

9 hours ago, adirondak said:

A24 is mainly a distribution company. Their annual production budget is around 15-16 million. I don't think they'd be able to produce the film given the likely budget it would entail. 

Wasn’t everywhere everything all at once a $25 M movie and Civil War a $50 M one?  Both from a24

2 hours ago, Donna said:

It's shelved for now!  People are just speculating she may go back to it now that she's no longer on tour.  I personally don't think she will be going back to it anytime soon. 

Of course things can change but DrownedMadonna said awhile back the film wasnt shelved (mightve been pre-sickness) and now this....so I'm sure it's still going to happen. Of course she could be over it but I'm hoping she isnt.

Screenshot_20240512_231202_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, adirondak said:

There were four different production companies on that film, but A24 was only the distributor. 

I’m so shocked at this news, my whole perspective of the company changed after that movie, for the better I mean… I think they are most of times related to good products no? 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Of course things can change but DrownedMadonna said awhile back the film wasnt shelved (mightve been pre-sickness) and now this....so I'm sure it's still going to happen. Of course she could be over it but I'm hoping she isnt.

Screenshot_20240512_231202_Chrome.jpg

This was also mentioned when the tour ended by sources who could know… 

but as this guy don’t hold me accountable I don’t want to be one of the delusional gays that wish for something else happening besides a vacation in the Maldives 🇲🇻 

30 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

This was also mentioned when the tour ended by sources who could know… 

but as this guy don’t hold me accountable I don’t want to be one of the delusional gays that wish for something else happening besides a vacation in the Maldives 🇲🇻 

He's the original Madonnarama (not related to the one that popped up in the 2010s) that was in the know and his site was accurate and was there before Mtribe. He's definitely not a "delusional" gay. I also don't think he means she's showing up the monday after Rio to start shooting silly goose. Obviously he meant next project if you read closely :)

I think a series has a better chance to succeed than a film. Biopic films are so overdone. A series can really delve into different aspects of her life, the different characters etc. It can also mean that she can continue it further into the 90’s and 2000’s if it becomes a huge hit. And the audience will have a longterm investment. A film will just come and go like the Elvis one did, quickly forgotten and with aspects of her life glossed over.

Imagine it:

Series 1: Childhood to 1984

Series 2: 1985 to 1989

Series 3: 1990 to 1997

Series 4: 1998 to 2012

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's the original Madonnarama (not related to the one that popped up in the 2010s) that was in the know and his site was accurate and was there before Mtribe. He's definitely not a "delusional" gay. I also don't think he means she's showing up the monday after Rio to start shooting silly goose. Obviously he meant next project if you read closely :)

Dear I’m with you and with this guy… 

Im saying that I don’t want to be in the bunch who only wishes for her to have a vacation and that any other project isn’t happening 

Meh. Might be alone on this but I don’t really want the biopic. I just think they’re cheesy. All of them. Even Bohemian Rhapsody. Rather she do a doc or something.

Was really hoping they’d get the Rio show up on a streaming platform in a timely manner. Such a monumentous moment and great press for her; it would have much greater general public appeal than whatever tour movie she could release a year from now that will only be seen by her fans. Seems like a missed opportunity if they don’t.

Would also rather she start working on new music after.

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Im saying that I don’t want to be in the bunch who only wishes for her to have a vacation and that any other project isn’t happening 

What is with so many fans wishing she’d take a vacation? They’ve been listening to Holiday too much. Madonna is not going to stop working for any substantial length of time. She would get so bored.

5 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Meh. Might be alone on this but I don’t really want the biopic. I just think they’re cheesy. All of them. Even Bohemian Rhapsody. Rather she do a doc or something.

Was really hoping they’d get the Rio show up on a streaming platform in a timely manner. Such a monumentous moment and great press for her; it would have much greater general public appeal than whatever tour movie she could release a year from now that will only be seen by her fans. Seems like a missed opportunity if they don’t.

Would also rather she start working on new music after.

Im kind of indifferent to it. I don’t especially want it but if she’s forging ahead with it I hope she takes her time. Nobody is that interested in another pop star biopic right now. If the MJ one is not well received then she will have no hope in hell of getting this one out. If it’s amazing and everyone loves it she will have a hard to topping it.

I did not watch the Whitney one but going by the trailer it looked god awful.

27 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Oh she's gonna take a vacation! A holiday if you will 😉 it's ok, she deserves it and no film is ever easy to make. Just hope Julia Garner is still available. Not sure if the Marvel film will shoot this year or in the next few years. 

31 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Im kind of indifferent to it. I don’t especially want it but if she’s forging ahead with it I hope she takes her time. Nobody is that interested in another pop star biopic right now. If the MJ one is not well received then she will have no hope in hell of getting this one out. If it’s amazing and everyone loves it she will have a hard to topping it.

I did not watch the Whitney one but going by the trailer it looked god awful.

Yeah if the MJ one tanks this is DOA. The Amy Winehouse one looks awful too. We already have that lovely doc about her life.

I watched the Whitney one w/my husb who isn’t really familiar w/her life bc he didn’t grow up in the west. I was 🙄 half the time and would just sing and dance along w/the music.

Not saying she’d follow this but the formula of naming some key performance in the movie then having the actor recreate it is so corny. I guessss w/BR it was appealing to some people bc he really went all out w/it, but the Whitney one was pointless. She’s just standing there covered in fake sweat lipsynching to the audio. Why not just show the actual performance?

I guess M was sort of ahead of this trend w/that awful TV movie beginning and ending w/the VMA Like A Virgin performance. 🙃

The only decent music biopic I can think of offhand is the Tina Turner one (though I haven’t seen it in decades), but that was as much about her abusive relationship as about her career.