Your Opinion On Like A Prayer?

50ft Queenie

LIKE A PRAYER is one of the most important albums ever and an epic the biggest album of 1989 for a reason the baroque melancholy the pop the funk the grooves the chamber pop the ethereal energy the soul all of it the lyrics are poetic the imagery the themed the aesthetics ....one of my fave albums of all time 🫶

love-this-photo-of-madonna-and-cat-taken-by-lee-friedlander-v0-wxq1spjdsskb1.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I adore dejar jessie too. Its more artístic maybe than true blue but true blue its 80s pop perfection.

True Blue I wasn't around for ...wasn't born until 6 years later BUT it's a blockbuster 1986 had True Blue and ALIENS two of the greatest pop block busters ever in music and film I dare say! 

Also I adore her dresses and street jacket! That aesthetic id adore her to bring back 

0357c1f56020a70475972d7a2deeb6c6.jpeg

Her debut album, Like A virgin, and Like A Prayer are my 3 favorite albums of hers.  Spanish Eyes is one of my favorite deep cuts of hers.

My unpopular opinion though is while Like A Prayer itself is a great song, I feel it's kind of played out a bit.  Like it was cool to see it showcased in that X-Men movie or whatever it was to introduce the song to a new generation.  But at the same time Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill was a single from the 80's that hits home more with me today.  

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

The Like a prayer album is like having private conversations with Madonna. A masterpiece...

Oh it is it's like after three huge block buster albums this was a real personal journey expressive off the wall still be very personal ...she hit her 30s and got so introspective and harder hitting Live to Tell, Papa Don't Preach teased where we were going then boom Like a Prayer was a 180 transition again you hear all the details it's just beautiful 

20 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Could never find myself better words to describe LAP album, thank you my favourite Dutch M fan ever!!!

It's very very emotive when you okay it you genuinely do feel it's unlike other albums out there yet see it's influence on so many too it's so personal and gorgeous 

45 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

It's very very emotive when you okay it you genuinely do feel it's unlike other albums out there yet see it's influence on so many too it's so personal and gorgeous 

Actually I feel something from this spirit of Like a Prayer on Madonna's personally most relegated album: Bedtime Stories. The songs from it are all her poetic heartopenings regards several issues, from the SEX backlash to her constant disappointment to partners and the world as it was back then (and now world's much worse btw).

46 minutes ago, skyfitswim said:

i wish spanish eyes was a single with a great video . i also love this death do us apart . 

cherisch is ok but it kind of cheesy :-)

ist a masterpeace of a album ones on my top 3 albums

Imagine if she released more visuals with the album for sure Keep it Together deserved a video and Spanish eyes Supernatural should've been on it with a Halloween release too