"I wear what I want and I do what I want. ASK PEPSI."

Roy

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Family is everything. Family comes first.

*gets divorced the next year. :Madonna009:

Oh yeah, we could do a thread only for her Japanese commercials. Another classic from the 90s!

They're all quite creepy and cool.

Gonna make a thread on her commercials in general. I'M ON IT! :D

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/carlton.htm

MT: Once all the dancer for the tour were chosen, they were then introduced to the public with the Vogue video directed by David Fincher. What do you remember about that shooting? It wasn't your first time on a film set.

CW: No it wasn't my first time on a film set, but it was the first time on a video I knew it was going to be that big. We knew David Fincher was at the time a really big music video director, so that was a big deal and it was a video for Madonna so it was going to be everywhere.

We knew from the way it was designed that we were going to be featured in the video and not being just as extras. It was amazing.

Oh and by the way that same day we also shot, as the cast of Blond Ambition, a Nikecommercial that Madonna was going to do and that never aired. 
It all happened during the first weeks of tour rehearsals.

MT: Can you tell us a bit more about this Nike commercial? There have been reports and rumours about it for a long time...

CW: Well we shot it and I remember we were all dressed in different Nikeclothes and Madonna decided who was going to wear what, and which dancers were going to be used for separate shots and I remember the moment when they wanted me to finish a workout of dance and then I had to flop down a sofa. 
I don't remember exactly why it never aired

8 hours ago, Roy said:

So she wanted to do the endorsement if they paid her first, huh.

I mean, isn't that how it works? A company pays a celebrity to endorse their products after negotiations. The way I see it, it seems like Nike was still negotiating with Madonna but she said no to wearing the footwear so they pulled out so I believe Nike is in the right for this one unless I am missing out something or I am wrong. :laughing:

Or maybe she's trying her luck by rejecting Nike and see if they are wiling to increase the amount but too bad Nike backed out.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/carlton.htm

MT: Once all the dancer for the tour were chosen, they were then introduced to the public with the Vogue video directed by David Fincher. What do you remember about that shooting? It wasn't your first time on a film set.

CW: No it wasn't my first time on a film set, but it was the first time on a video I knew it was going to be that big. We knew David Fincher was at the time a really big music video director, so that was a big deal and it was a video for Madonna so it was going to be everywhere.

We knew from the way it was designed that we were going to be featured in the video and not being just as extras. It was amazing.

Oh and by the way that same day we also shot, as the cast of Blond Ambition, a Nikecommercial that Madonna was going to do and that never aired. 
It all happened during the first weeks of tour rehearsals.

MT: Can you tell us a bit more about this Nike commercial? There have been reports and rumours about it for a long time...

CW: Well we shot it and I remember we were all dressed in different Nikeclothes and Madonna decided who was going to wear what, and which dancers were going to be used for separate shots and I remember the moment when they wanted me to finish a workout of dance and then I had to flop down a sofa. 
I don't remember exactly why it never aired

hmmm ok so now it seems they indeed shot the commercial during the Vogue video shoot. From what i understand from that interview is that the commercial was the dancers and at the end Madonna saying  the "I do what i want..." bit.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

hmmm ok so now it seems they indeed shot the commercial during the Vogue video shoot. From what i understand from that interview is that the commercial was the dancers and at the end Madonna saying  the "I do what i want..." bit.

Crap, there's more layers to this!

I mean, I would find it to be a typical Madonna behavior of filling up a whole VHS of her saying those iconic lines as a response to Nike wanting her to wear the dance shoes.

Doesn't seem like the B-rolls that leaked has something to do with Nike so I think it was filmed separately on a different film. I don't know.

Thank you so much for this! 😁

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Sounds like it was shot after the completion of the video.

But the fact that she repeated that line over and over for each take for that scene, kinda implies it was for the commercial. Even tho a short segment of M laughing is used in the official “Vogue” video.

Kinda odd that the sole purpose of that scene was to repeat that line, yet it’s lumped into the B-roll

hmm

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

But the fact that she repeated that line over and over for each take for that scene, kinda implies it was for the commercial. Even tho a short segment of M laughing is used in the official “Vogue” video.

Kinda odd that the sole purpose of that scene was to repeat that line, yet it’s lumped into the B-roll

hmm

I have a feeling that the B-roll that leaked isn't its entirety. If it did, we would see where this Nike commercial shots are as well as the other shots in Vogue.

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

hmm

It sounds like the commercial was just going to be a extension of the Vogue video, same sets etc but with everyone wearing Nike gear and Madonna making that statement. So it makes sense it would be in that b-roll. And of course there’s bits missing that weren’t leaked. These collector fans always hoard things away from everyone else.

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It sounds like the commercial was just going to be a extension of the Vogue video, same sets etc but with everyone wearing Nike gear and Madonna making that statement. So it makes sense it would be in that b-roll. And of course there’s bits missing that weren’t leaked. These collector fans always hoard things away from everyone else.

We'll never know until part 2 of the B-roll will leak.