The SEX book 30th anniversary

Roland Barthes

It needs its own thread even though we already celebrated the 20th & 25th anniversaries, press included. I just wish she'd make a sequel NOW or at 70. Because it will be even more relevant and scandalous than it was in 1992. And it was. Let's remember the hoopla :

y2JCuYm7fTQ.jpg

5-6K-zWflcI.jpg

I've been a fan for the last 14 years (I was eleven when I discovered her), and since then I wish to had Sex on my collection.

Finally, after all those years, my copy arrived on the mail this week. Complete with mylar cover and the Erotic cd. It was such a shock to open the package and see that beautiful mylar cover, I was literally trembling while I turned the pages. It was such an emotional moment for me a Madonna fan, and I still can't believe I finally have my own copy of this amazing book.

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

It needs its own thread even though we already celebrated the 20th & 25th anniversaries, press included. I just wish she'd make a sequel NOW or at 70. Because it will be even more relevant and scandalous than it was in 1992. And it was. Let's remember the hoopla :

y2JCuYm7fTQ.jpg

5-6K-zWflcI.jpg

i could i could read the Voice one

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Big Daddy Kane talks about Madonna & The Sex Book in this new interview

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed listening to Big D Kane talking about the shoot.  It didn't surprise me to hear Madonna was being such a "free spirit" and initiated things.  I don't think even some of her fans realize how embedded she is in black culture.

As for Willie-D, it was like he was fishing hard for some shade and I love how Big D just shoved it back at him, and told him how cool Madonna was. :luv:

I feel SO lucky that I was already a fan at that time, and I remember the controversy... I was 11, and this was before the internet, so news were much slower and I didn't have access to everything going on, some of my memories are probably mixed with what I found out later, but I remember the Erotica / SEX book era, such a big part of pop history.

16 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I feel SO lucky that I was already a fan at that time, and I remember the controversy... I was 11, and this was before the internet, so news were much slower and I didn't have access to everything going on, some of my memories are probably mixed with what I found out later, but I remember the Erotica / SEX book era, such a big part of pop history.

I loved being a fan during this time! Best era ever. Best music.

The Sex photos recently up for auction are posted in gorgeous quality on the Christie’s site. You can zoom in.

https://www.christies.com/en/disclaimer?redirectUrl=/en/auction/madonna-x-meisel-the-sex-photographs-30299/

Also, kinda random, but on the back of the one with the 3 guys and her in the Marilyn dress, it looks like she included her last name in her signature 

Edited by Homogenic79 (see edit history)

On 10/21/2022 at 7:18 PM, Lucas B. said:

I've been a fan for the last 14 years (I was eleven when I discovered her), and since then I wish to had Sex on my collection.

Finally, after all those years, my copy arrived on the mail this week. Complete with mylar cover and the Erotic cd. It was such a shock to open the package and see that beautiful mylar cover, I was literally trembling while I turned the pages. It was such an emotional moment for me a Madonna fan, and I still can't believe I finally have my own copy of this amazing book.

I have been a fan for 24 years now, and finally started thinking to get myself a copy :) where did you get yours? 

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

I have been a fan for 24 years now, and finally started thinking to get myself a copy :) where did you get yours? 

Just bought from a collector/reseller on facebook in group of fans. Idk if he ships outside Brazil, but I was looking on ebay and there's some interesting options there like this one below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/315293926952?itmmeta=01HVNFTJ6VN8VWZSE1PBKEX7Y9&hash=item4968fb8628:g:PdwAAOSwiIhmG~qB&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4PZypdTLErSJ%2FTEuiuGuM5%2BmcNtB0DkKKDjyzP9OnUTS9ERMgB58l22ACQ1N81tLPK9MNRYhu7VmYc5zUgcMw%2BZE8fu3CdBsrfecD6O6qC2sbbSe6RC1iwp%2FV2Rcu3wVarDOS6p7OaaOzw1%2FCYhwqDF3uoOrmdYYPRzXbYWKHYIwvt%2FjJwOGK8LtkCDZiCp9MpQDzaODEZEPJ1qVoSeP%2FpYJ5aj1Hj4jxbXTceqvGELypNuupTuQVcEYz7LTDzjopETeRUIhMQD7RsJmUVKcwY0SVL9TyBSOXM2a%2BcQwmkLM|tkp%3ABk9SR8Cj6q_dYw

On 10/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, Roland Barthes said:

y2JCuYm7fTQ.jpg

5-6K-zWflcI.jpg

I have both of those magazines!

• 1 month later...

This is her best period of her career and the most influential, everything she was doing was avant garde and dangerous and that in itself is fascinating but equally fascinating was what came after. The backlash literally sent her into therapy, re routing her career and decades of guilt. in later years she has fallen into the woke indoctrination and she now sees herself as a victim. She cries in front of millions for being called a "witch" in the most embarrassing moment of her career that the stooge press and fans now celebrate. truth is, she learned nothing from the experience. She dismisses all criticism as coming from the right wing boogeyman instead of understanding what actually happened. SAD. Still, the book is there and it is amazing and I love it although it is annoying to see how sick people not only have plagiarized it but infused it over every element of the culture, without giving her any credit for it.