Guy Oseary gets his clients involved in a lawsuit for his partnership with that ridiculous NFT ape sh*t

Roland Barthes

19 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don’t know why there is so much hate towards Guy - I don’t know him - and maybe he did or didn’t mis manage.

But - he can’t stop Madonna being Madonna - she herself in interviews around the MDNA Tour was like you need to start earlier - she ignored him — so we don’t know what else she’s ignored…

This thread is going to be overflowed with bullshit opinions against him, because some people love so much to be haters. 

I can't at people defending him with "but Madonna does all by herself so he's not the one deciding things" and thinking they are not making him look twice worse, it implies she doesn't even take him in consideration cause he has no authority at all :rip: he can't even get respect as a manager, hopefully he gets fired soon 💀 

Bitcoin is different. There was a moment when swindlers were trying to artificially boost the value of bitcoin, but it seems most of those people have moved on to a different "coin" to swindle with. Bitcoin has real world use cases. 

As far as Bored Ape NFT, part of me feels like she didn't buy the actual NFT. So she wasn't financially involved and maybe won't learn her lesson about Guy. 

4 hours ago, vadge said:

It's like... You wouldn't see Beyonce premiering a music video on Snapchat or Meerkat, or having her entire album recording sessions leak half a year before release. You wouldn't see Taylor Swift peddling NFTs or hopping on remixes with completely unknown artists. You wouldn't see Lady Gaga release a series of $25-budget music videos to promote a remix that had its moment over 6 months prior. You wouldn't see Mariah Carey's legacy and achievements be completely ignored and abandoned. (M's team are improving, but its still the bare minimum)

And on the flip side, you wouldn't see an unreleased SZA or Doja Cat song go viral on Tiktok and their team do nothing about it.

These are all things Guy does have control over. There may be redirected hate for him for things that are actually Madonna's fault.. but he IS also a shitty manager. Like I said last time this came up: What has he done for her lately?

Maybe you should switch to Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, SZA and Doja Cat since they got everything right.

Sessions, recording and files security should be handled by the producer. If Guy is so bad, how come U2's or Red Hot Chili Pepper's songs have never leaked? Maybe they have but we didn't pay attention because we don't care. Rebel Heart leaks were an industrial catastrophe, for everyone involved and especially for a major artist like M. It was pure and simple theft, it could have happened to anyone. And the general public is probably not aware of all kinds of criminal attempts of ruining an album release. You can't blame Guy for it unless you attended his trial and can report to us to what extent he was responsible.

Promotion schedules and video budgets are decided by the record label.

Taylor Swift didn't peddle NFT, but she sold "digitally signed'" singles, which in my opinion is far more cynical merchandising. She also sold cardboard boxes to store the several editions of the same album that came out in different colors. THE SAME MUSIC IN DIFFERENT COLORS.

As for unreleased songs going viral, they are letting it happen. They could have the contents blocked or muted and the virality would end instantly. They chose to not bother casual content creators, probably because it helps M's music reach people who don't know it well and it nurtures the legend of those "lost" tracks. There is probably missed benefit in the process, but do you worry about M's finances? She is so fucking rich already.

Milking fans with the same Christmas hit is not what I call good management. It's milking fans. Mariah Carey is ruining her career with All I Want for Christmas because people find her annoying more and more each year.

You can hate Guy every way you want, but you have to be serious about it.

4 hours ago, vadge said:

It's like... You wouldn't see Beyonce premiering a music video on Snapchat or Meerkat, or having her entire album recording sessions leak half a year before release. You wouldn't see Taylor Swift peddling NFTs or hopping on remixes with completely unknown artists. You wouldn't see Lady Gaga release a series of $25-budget music videos to promote a remix that had its moment over 6 months prior. You wouldn't see Mariah Carey's legacy and achievements be completely ignored and abandoned. (M's team are improving, but its still the bare minimum)

And on the flip side, you wouldn't see an unreleased SZA or Doja Cat song go viral on Tiktok and their team do nothing about it.

These are all things Guy does have control over. There may be redirected hate for him for things that are actually Madonna's fault.. but he IS also a shitty manager. Like I said last time this came up: What has he done for her lately?

This. i agree 💯%

16 hours ago, vadge said:

I agree with much of what you said but at least M isn't signing tacky deals with McDonalds and cookie companies, unlike MC.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

McDonalds has more credibility than NFT’s though I’m afraid 

:04:

NFTs are a total scam and honestly pure trash in every sense, but a McDonald's promo would be just pathetic and sad and thanks God M didn't get THAT low, I'd take 20 Tokisha collabs to that or any Xmas song 💀 

Guy did and does a lot of good things for the fans, we have his ears more than Madonna's and there are a lot of things we got we wouldn't have got without him.

That said, what i really hate about Guy, since he switched from being a music nerd to being a tech nerd, is the way he uses his clients, especially Madonna to make deals with tech companies, it does not look like it's done in the interest of the artists he represents but his own "i'm bringing you so and so in the deal". And, never forget that in the end it's ALWAYS Madonna who has the last word, it's been like this from the begining since she hired Alan Grubman to represent her and fight for her at Warner, it gave her free reign over her career (again read Siren Song by Seymour Stein). Nobody put a gun on Madonna's head to promote that ugly ape NFT and use it as an avatar, Guy must have told her it was the cool thing to do nowadays. Guy and Madonna just need new blood just like Guy was new blood when Freddy de Mann gave him that internship because he was a friend of one of his daughter with whom he went to Beverly Hills High...just like Andrea, the character from 90210 he cheated the school district map to go to BVHS to make connections and he did. He then attached himself to Madonna, providing her a lot infos on what was going on in the L.A indie scene. He was hungry to succeed then. They need to find someone as hungry as he was to help them forge Madonna's new path. Tech is not it. It's not being anti tech, it's just that most people HATE tech and especially tech guys (mostly incels nerds). I'm amazed though by how U2 did not leave him after that Apple album fiasco. And just like Madonna's, U2's image is really scorned if not worst than hers.

• Jackie locked this topic

Again, I am forced to lock another topic. You can have an opinion you can express an opinion, but let's keep it factual. We don't know Guy (or maybe some do) - whether or not he is to blame, no one will know and making false accusations based on an opinion, which, is based on the idea that because she didn't do something you wanted or you expected is not a fact.

RH leaked because greedy fans who wanted the lime light leaked them - Guy isn't to blame for that. It's the people, and some of you are on here, that leaked them to be the 'first'. Wake up.

If we are to debate something, then keep it factual, don't make your opinion the fact unless it's based on something factual.