Blond Ambition Tour Dallas Professional Footage- My Theory

MattyMads

2 hours ago, MattyMads said:

The Dallas soundboard is definitely the best if only they hadn't got rid of the original master we would have had the full show :cry:

I believe it was the New Jersey show that was sent to HBO 

I just love the Blond Ambition i'm obsessed after all these years it never gets tiresome and every show sounds so different to the previous one.

I also love there are so many different recorded shows to watch. I wish they had more shows filmed of Girlie Show. That was my first live Madonna show (at 12) lol

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

every show sounds so different to the previous one.

That is the beauty of LIVE music. It’s bringing together the most talented crew that can bring an album to life without sticking a CD in and pressing play. Instruments are very affected by atmosphere and temperature. So drinks and guitars might sound different. Also, every sound system is different. Some venues might push out a more crisp sound, some not. Some systems the mixing is different. That’s probably why I’m also so obsessed with this tour, much of each number sounds different in each venue I love it :Madonna057:

45 minutes ago, Andymad said:

That is the beauty of LIVE music. It’s bringing together the most talented crew that can bring an album to life without sticking a CD in and pressing play. Instruments are very affected by atmosphere and temperature. So drinks and guitars might sound different. Also, every sound system is different. Some venues might push out a more crisp sound, some not. Some systems the mixing is different. That’s probably why I’m also so obsessed with this tour, much of each number sounds different in each venue I love it :Madonna057:

Did we ever find out what that dodgy keyboard sound was on Papa Don’t Preach in Nice? That goes to show how live this tour was as well, it was so out of place but didn’t change how great the performance was, I wonder if the audience notice it? 

I'll say it now, I don't know why she can't release a full version of Express Yourself on her Youtube. Obviously during the Paris recording ppl were tossing shit on the stage... but it's quite known that she recorded an alternate version without audience. SO, there is a perfect recorded performance out there. I AM CURIOUS BITCH. FIND THOSE TAPES.

15 hours ago, club78boy said:

I'm just an old man who lived through these eras :)

And that, we salute you and the others who have been Madonna fans since the 80s and 90s. :Madonna010:

Oooh! Is it possible we can get another footage of the BAT Japan where her and her dancers were in their Vogue costumes and jackets? :D

11 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Compared to a lot of wild fan theories I’ve read this one actually makes sense and seems like a real possibility.

Hopefully they’ll surprise us with an HD release!

I mean, they threw us a Laserdisc rip of the Vogue performance during its anniversary but I am hopeful they can give us an HD remaster of the HBO broadcast version.

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

I mean, they threw us a Laserdisc rip of the Vogue performance during its anniversary but I am hopeful they can give us an HD remaster of the HBO broadcast version.

Yes but neither the Japan performance or the Nice one are the best to illustrate the tour.

I feel like the US performances are the strongest before she started having issues with her voice and before the ponytail was scrapped. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Wasn’t it confirmed that they recorded all the screen footage anyway? Surely a lot of this stuff is just leaks of that? Or B-roll footage from news/tv stations.

Like someone said if they were filming these shows properly people would have seen more cameras.

That’s very likely. But Michael Jackson had one concert from the Bad tour professionally filmed and nobody knew about it before it was finally released by his estate. 
That’s possible in Madonnas case as well

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes but neither the Japan performance or the Nice one are the best to illustrate the tour.

I feel like the US performances are the strongest before she started having issues with her voice and before the ponytail was scrapped. 

I would die for an uncut Dallas soundboard in high quality. The Party's Right Here remaster was good but I need the whole thing.

Also, maybe I have said this before but at one point, her real hair was frizzing around the ponytail and it was hilarious. There's a picture of it. It was during Express Yourself.

She must have been hell at backstage.

14 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Did we ever find out what that dodgy keyboard sound was on Papa Don’t Preach in Nice? That goes to show how live this tour was as well, it was so out of place but didn’t change how great the performance was, I wonder if the audience notice it? 

I was there and yes I noticed it. It was strong.

The snare drum was also very strong at the start of Express Yourself. I remember being startled when the first percussion started before the first "dance and sing...". They then lowered the level. That sound was amazing

Totally obsessed with this tour too :cute:

On 5/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, MattyMads said:

Does anyone have any more info on this I have a theory that this was possibly the original chosen show for filming and release my thinking for this:

The video footage that is out there if you notice in Express yourself and Open Your Heart you have different camera angles to other press footage that was released from other shows.

During Express Yourself the lights appear to be more blue than other venues which to me resembles TOD footage.

We know there is the Dallas Soundboard audio that was released by Westwood for Radio in August of 1990, but that audio is a combination of the 2 nights Express Yourself - CAC is from the 7th and the remaining is the 8th. It just seems strange to record audio for 2 shows.

The audio was obviously edited omitting talking by what I assume was the record company to use for radio broadcast? 

There is also professional video footage Causing A Commotion,  Vogue & Holiday on some Madonna specials during the 90s

We know the weather was really bad in Japan and several shows were filmed for the original concept of TOD so I assume they were not happy with that footage and the scale back of props and dancing, so IMO did she use the opening nights in Houston as a tester because it was in the US , they had 2  nights to play around with an Arena setup , we also have professional footage for Houston which was shown on MTV from the 2 nights.

The next stop after Houston was then Dallas for 2 nights.

So do any other Blond lovers have anymore information or do you think I just have too much time on my hands :Madonna034:

I agree this is a real possibility. The lighting is different, the audio recording is some of the best I have ever heard from a live show. 

In terms of the different shots, well they didn't use the same shots on every show. I'd say 90% the shots on the screens were the same, but here and there I noticed differences in some shows. 

However after seeing the upscaled footage we got from the Los Angeles date, I'm not sure Dallas seems that amazing to me. LA really looks like it was Pro Shot and the lighting also looks amazing. The audio is standard though. Open Your Heart from LA looks better than New Jersey, Yokohama, Nice or Barcelona. If LA exists in the quality we have seen so far, I would love to have it all. 

2 hours ago, mouse said:

The snare drum was also very strong at the start of Express Yourself. I remember being startled when the first percussion started before the first "dance and sing...". They then lowered the level. That sound was amazing

Lemme check on this one. I never noticed the change in the drum volume before.

6 hours ago, Roy said:

I would die for an uncut Dallas soundboard in high quality. The Party's Right Here remaster was good but I need the whole thing.

Also, maybe I have said this before but at one point, her real hair was frizzing around the ponytail and it was hilarious. There's a picture of it. It was during Express Yourself.

She must have been hell at backstage.

I don’t understand. Dallas is a soundboard recording and as far as I’m aware it’s full minus the ending of Papa and a few fades. 
I have the CD Life Is Change and it sounds really nice.

Can you share The Party’s Right Here?

I never cared about these new love bootlegs cause I listened to a few and I found the remasters much worse than the unmastered CDs 

5 hours ago, mouse said:

Wow amazing tidbit thank you for sharing 😊