Madame X tour Live 3 lp vinyl

Spanky1995

1 hour ago, ErickInTheZone said:

Siento lo mismo al respecto. Además, considerando el período en el que estamos, hoy en día es un poco arriesgado lanzar muchas cosas físicas ya que la gente básicamente solo compra vinilos. Yo no pertenezco a esta categoría porque sigo comprando CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Vinilos y cassettes si es el caso. Y hablando de eso, todavía no puedo creer que estén perdiendo la oportunidad de reeditar el vinilo de Celebration ahora que se acerca la gira del mismo nombre.

Feliz por el lanzamiento de Madame X Tour 

Totalmente de acuerdo con lo del lanzamiento en vinilo de Celebration, ahora o nunca ! 

3 hours ago, Ayham said:

I’m just confused why MX?!!!! That tour was the flop of her career not to mention it was considered a MX album tour which is still under Interscope. They could release CT or S&S instead. 

I thought the Madame X Tour was a brilliant live show! I so enjoyed attending it.

20 minutes ago, tscott said:

They looking to cash in on this one. HA!  Love this tour and loved the concert film.  It was so enjoyable.  Depending on the Madonna.com price of the exclusive version, I'll probably be buying both versions.  Loving all these releases on VINYL lately. 

I think they should get those and then they should start pulling cd material for new work.Still waiting for physical singles of VULGAR and the new remixes

2 hours ago, Frozen98 said:

I wish the dvd blu ray was release...

Are you more into the black vinyl or picture disc for this upcoming release ? 

I suspect with streaming being what's popular now, a physical release probably won't happen.  Most people are streaming these days, not buying Blu-Rays. I like both the picture disc and Black vinyl.

I'm surprised the picture disc has great art direction, especially since the Madame X album's rainbow picture disc is one of the ugliest discs I've seen. It could have featured outtake photographs from the session, but instead its just a flag with some scratched M and X on the other side. Very boring.

I really like how they designed the black vinyl edition as well. To be honest, I feel compelled to get both eventually.

As for the video, I wish they did some limited edition 4K Blu-ray release since its already in 4K on Paramount+, but sadly I don't think there's a market for Madonna collectors buying 4K.

3 minutes ago, DanceWithMe said:

I'm surprised the picture disc has great art direction, especially since the Madame X album's rainbow picture disc is one of the ugliest discs I've seen. It could have featured outtake photographs from the session, but instead its just a flag with some scratched M and X on the other side. Very boring.

I really like how they designed the black vinyl edition as well. To be honest, I feel compelled to get both eventually.

As for the video, I wish they did some limited edition 4K Blu-ray release since its already in 4K on Paramount+, but sadly I don't think there's a market for Madonna collectors buying 4K.

I collect 4k and would definitely buy a 4k of the Madame X Tour.

Madonna used to release things on the latest tech, yet we don’t even have many blu-rays with Madonna.

22 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I collect 4k and would definitely buy a 4k of the Madame X Tour.

Madonna used to release things on the latest tech, yet we don’t even have many blu-rays with Madonna.

If you think about it, I doubt many fans have a full on 4K TV with a 4K player and still actively buy media. Streaming is so much easier (but with less overall quality since it would all be lossy). I understand why WB won't release her stuff on 4K, but I sure hope her or someone in her team starts releasing tour remasters in 4K at the very least. I would definitely buy it.

As for tours shot on video (WTG, Blond Ambition not including the film footage for Truth or Dare, Girlie Show, etc), they can always find the actual source footage and release it as-is to get a pure presentation (as shitty as it would look), or pull a David Lynch on Inland Empire and do the whole 480 source upscale to 4K, master and color time, then downscale at high resolution back down to to 1080p for max resolution onto a series of Blu-ray discs. They could even include the original 480p stream as a bonus feature with room to spare! (Since keeping upscales at 4K (on 480p sources) would be a waste of time and space since they would only max out at 2K for a well made upscale anyway).

As for some of her other tours like The Confessions Tour (which was shot on film), they could EASILY do a proper 4K of that. The effects might look weird, but they can also always recreate it (which would be costly and time consuming). I think they filmed most if not all of the Re-Invention Tour on film as well, and I think the same goes for the Blond Ambition Tour footage from Truth or Dare. Madonna would just have to live with any parts of it she didn't like or feel were perfect. Also, Truth or Dare itself can definitely be remastered in 4K since it was shot on film. The digital upscales of "Express Yourself" and "Vogue" look very good, even if they are kind of digitally waxy looking.

Edited by DanceWithMe (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, DanceWithMe said:

If you think about it, I doubt many fans have a full on 4K TV with a 4K player and still actively buy media. Streaming is so much easier (and with less quality). I understand why WB won't release her stuff on 4K, but I sure hope her or someone in her team starts releasing tour remasters in 4K at the very least.

As for tours shot on video (WTG, Blond Ambition not including the film footage for Truth or Dare, Girlie Show, etc), they can always find the actual source footage and release it as-is, or pull a David Lynch on Inland Empire and do the whole upscale to 4K and downscale to 1080p for max resolution (4K on 480p upscales would be a waste of time and space since they would only max out at 2K for a well made upscale anyway).

But her fans will buy anything.

Streaming is far less quality than an actual blu-ray or 4k and some of us like higher quality physical items of our favorites to watch in the best presentation possible.

Plenty of far lesser known stars than Madonna have blu-ray video collections out there.

15 minutes ago, DanceWithMe said:

If you think about it, I doubt many fans have a full on 4K TV with a 4K player and still actively buy media. Streaming is so much easier (but with less overall quality since it would all be lossy). I understand why WB won't release her stuff on 4K, but I sure hope her or someone in her team starts releasing tour remasters in 4K at the very least. I would definitely buy it.

As for tours shot on video (WTG, Blond Ambition not including the film footage for Truth or Dare, Girlie Show, etc), they can always find the actual source footage and release it as-is to get a pure presentation (as shitty as it would look), or pull a David Lynch on Inland Empire and do the whole 480 source upscale to 4K, master and color time, then downscale at high resolution back down to to 1080p for max resolution onto a series of Blu-ray discs. They could even include the original 480p stream as a bonus feature with room to spare! (Since keeping upscales at 4K (on 480p sources) would be a waste of time and space since they would only max out at 2K for a well made upscale anyway).

As for some of her other tours like The Confessions Tour (which was shot on film), they could EASILY do a proper 4K of that. The effects might look weird, but they can also always recreate it (which would be costly and time consuming). I think they filmed most if not all of the Re-Invention Tour on film as well, and I think the same goes for the Blond Ambition Tour footage from Truth or Dare. Madonna would just have to live with any parts of it she didn't like or feel were perfect. Also, Truth or Dare itself can definitely be remastered in 4K since it was shot on film. The digital upscales of "Express Yourself" and "Vogue" look very good, even if they are kind of digitally waxy looking.

You do make some very valid points.  The current way to consume music and videos is by streaming.   I've read from a lot of fans who are far more interested in listening and viewing her from streaming platforms.  It's far more accessible.  While I will always prefer a physical copy, it makes sense Madonna follows what is more popular.  She's always done so.  I personally hate to see the physical format diminish, but even I know it's easier and quicker to access something digitally or on streaming than popping in a DVD/Blu-ray.  Most people stream these days.

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

You do make some very valid points.  The current way to consume music and videos is by streaming.   I've read from a lot of fans who are far more interested in listening and viewing her from streaming platforms.  It's far more accessible.  While I will always prefer a physical copy, it makes sense Madonna follows what is more popular.  She's always done so.  I personally hate to see the physical format diminish, but even I know it's easier and quicker to access something digitally or on streaming than popping in a DVD/Blu-ray.  Most people stream these days.

I want her to remaster her tours because its part of her legacy. But finding the original negatives or digital sources (in the case of the tape filmed concerts) is costly. Then you have to rescan them. If film, a proper 4K film scan can be costly when you factor in the color timing and new sound mix. For the tapes, if she goes the Inland Empire route, she would have to hire that same company to upscale to HD or 4K, do a color fixing pass and final master, then downscale to 1080 HD, along with new sound mixes/remasters. All of that takes time and money.

But in this day and age its silly not to release physical versions of something she will stream/sell to Netflix/Paramount/ or HBO Max. It's just extra money at that point, but she probably doesn't see it that way. She should totally hire a team to find and restore/remaster her old concerts though. Maybe even Truth or Dare and I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (although IGTTYAS was mostly sourced from video/digital of the time, with the exception of the tour footage which I think is film-shot).

5 minutes ago, DanceWithMe said:

I want her to remaster her tours because its part of her legacy. But finding the original negatives or digital sources (in the case of the tape filmed concerts) is costly. Then you have to rescan them. If film, a proper 4K film scan can be costly when you factor in the color timing and new sound mix. For the tapes, if she goes the Inland Empire route, she would have to hire that same company to upscale to HD or 4K, do a color fixing pass and final master, then downscale to 1080 HD, along with new sound mixes/remasters. All of that takes time and money.

But in this day and age its silly not to release physical versions of something she will stream/sell to Netflix/Paramount/ or HBO Max. It's just extra money at that point, but she probably doesn't see it that way. She should totally hire a team to find and restore/remaster her old concerts though. Maybe even Truth or Dare and I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (although IGTTYAS was mostly sourced from video/digital of the time, with the exception of the tour footage which I think is film-shot).

At the same time, we should consider it may just cost more money to produce what may not exactly profit.  I think a lot of it comes down to what will make money.  I know a lot of other artists are releasing their works physically, but many of them aren't still releasing new music.  But I don't disagree that many fans would love to have a lot of her work on physical copies that haven't been made available.

What I do know is Vinyl is becoming more and more popular these days, so there is hope for physical releases! :)

11 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I thought the Madame X Tour was a brilliant live show! I so enjoyed attending it.

Agree. I am actually much happier about this Madame X Tour release than another first album reissue.

We already have that alum reissued on streaming, cd and vinyl all remastered with 2 remixes included. We don’t need ANOTHER first album reissue at the moment.