Finally volume 2? Who else wants more! :)

Would a Finally Enough Love volume two be popular with forum members?

Personally I really liked the concept of giving us a whole career spanning string of remastered single length edits of Madonna remixes. Some of her best mixes were only widely available in long or very long versions and sometimes listening to a single edit is all I want.

I also like the way that FEL brought us some rarer mixes like Impressive Instant, because previously commercially unavailable promo only / DJ only mixes were included.

I’d love a FEL volume two, but I wouldn’t retain the ‘dance chart number ones’ marketing ginmick and instead give any and all remixed songs a chance for inclusion if they are good enough to make the cut of another curated shortlist. 

What mixes would forum members want on a volume two? 

Top of my list would be Causing A Commotion!! Obviously! 😂 

My personal wish list of single length edits for FEL vol 2 would include:

Everybody (Stuart Price Remix 2005)

Burning Up (7” Edit)

Like A Virgin (Stuart Price Remix 2005)

Into the Groove (Re-invention Tour Studio Version)

Dress You Up (Remix/Edit)

Gambler (Extended Dance Version - no additional editing down)

True Blue (Remix/Edit)

Open Your Heart (Extended Version / New Edit for FEL)

La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix) 05:34 - not the Remix Edit 

Where’s The Party? (You Can Dance Single Edit)

Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Single Edit)

Hanky Panky (Bare Bottom 12” Mix / New Edit For FEL)

Rain (Radio Remix)

Waiting (Remix)

Bye Bye Baby (House Mix)

Secret (Some Bizarre Mix - Single Mix) 

Secret (Junior’s Sound Factory Mix Edit)

Bedtime Story (Orbital Remix Edit)

Bedtime Story (Juniors Sound Factory Remix Edit)

Human Nature (Human Club Mix Radio Edit)

Buenos Aires (Te Amo Remix Edit)

Drowned World/Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha’s Bucklodge Ashram Remix Re-Edit)

Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

Nothing Really Matters (Kruder & Dormeister Mono Mix - or the Vocal Mix)

Skin (Peter Rauhofer & Victor Calderone Collaboration Remix / New Edit for FEL) 

Music Inferno (Stuart Price Remix 2005)

Nobody Knows Me (Re-invention Tour  Studio Version)

Hollywood (Thin White Duck Mix/Edit) 

Beautiful Killer (MDNA Tour Studio Version)

Yes, I’d include studio versions of remixes for live performances :) Would be fantastic! (Original album vocals switched in where required to make them work better as new official remixes).

YouTube has edits of many fantastic Junior Vazquez mixes and I’d want them ALL 😆 

and just for fun, Sidewalk Talk (Funhouse Mix) 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

7 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

You'll most likely get another 6lp clear vinyl boxset 🙈

Once mastering, artwork has been done for a release, they do tend to flog format variants to death rather than work on a follow up release with other material, it’s very true. Leaves fans reliant on sharing leaked files, unofficial account YouTube uploads, etc, to listen to so much great stuff 

I’d be really interested to hear what mixes other fans would consider essential listening and therefore their ideal choices for if there were ever a FEL volume 2. 

I feel like Madonna would be far more willing to consider this project if it was pitched as a vehicle to give all the recent remix collabs of her classic hits a physical release. 

The 7” Remix Edit of Open Your Heart wasn’t on the digital anniversary edition of True Blue. I’m sure the better informed fans on here were saying that the original master is lost. I don’t know if that is true, but it’s very noticeable absence from the True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition is not a good sign. I would have expected it to be picked for FEL rather than the Video Version if that had been possible.

12 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

the-office-michael-scott.gif

WE WANT THE ORIGINAL 7'' REMIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

9 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

The 7” Remix Edit of Open Your Heart wasn’t on the digital anniversary edition of True Blue. I’m sure the better informed fans on here were saying that the original master is lost. I don’t know if that is true, but it’s very noticeable absence from the True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition is not a good sign. I would have expected it to be picked for FEL rather than the Video Version if that had been possible.

Masters are available in whole Europe (UK, Spain, Germany, etc, etc, etc). Maybe they don't have a digital copy yet, but it can be done from the european analog masters. 

• 2 weeks later...