Update: Madame X Tour 3LP cancelled

Enrico

Just curious, where is everyone seeing that this has been cancelled or even delayed? I haven't heard or seen that yet everything that I am finding about it seems like it is still on. I don't think they would manufacture something like this to just cancel it for no apparent reason. I'd like to read officially where I'm wrong someone please let me know something!!! Thanks!!! 

45 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

Just curious, where is everyone seeing that this has been cancelled or even delayed? I haven't heard or seen that yet everything that I am finding about it seems like it is still on. I don't think they would manufacture something like this to just cancel it for no apparent reason. I'd like to read officially where I'm wrong someone please let me know something!!! Thanks!!! 

Enrico posted that the Rhino store contacted him and said the release no longer will be happening in August.  My guess it's just postponed at the moment.  But I agree with @Ayham, postponing it because of the tour, doesn't seem to make sense since this probably is a limited release.  After all, there was never an announcement that it was even going to be available.  We only found out here through Enrico who provided us the info that Rhino will be releasing this in August, which now isn't happening.

53 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

Check the first post. I quoted it a few pages ago too.

Even if it wasn’t specific to Celebration, perhaps it was meant to take advantage of those that wouldn’t be able to see her on tour but still give her something potentially positive to hit the charts in sales. It may get pushed to closer to the holidays when the tour is in full force. In the meantime, they may have retooled with the digital releases.

Less likely but still good for thought, perhaps they found dropping an item like that in light of all the rescheduling on the fans who may have lost money travel reservations seemed insensitive. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Enrico posted that the Rhino store contacted him and said the release no longer will be happening in August.  My guess it's just postponed at the moment.  But I agree with @Ayham, postponing it because of the tour, doesn't seem to make sense since this probably is a limited release.  After all, there was never an announcement that it was even going to be available.  We only found out here through Enrico who provided us the info that Rhino will be releasing this in August, which now isn't happening.

My record store was starting to take reservations for the faithful clients, that's where I got the information with release date, cover and tracklist. The press release stated that the tour would start in July 15, so it clearly was made before the accident.

Warner Italy then contacted the store to say the release was cancelled but I guess it's just postponed. I think, as Guy said, that they are putting every commitment in pause, not just the tour but also physical releases.

26 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Even if it wasn’t specific to Celebration, perhaps it was meant to take advantage of those that wouldn’t be able to see her on tour but still give her something potentially positive to hit the charts in sales. It may get pushed to closer to the holidays when the tour is in full force. In the meantime, they may have retooled with the digital releases.

Less likely but still good for thought, perhaps they found dropping an item like that in light of all the rescheduling on the fans who may have lost money travel reservations seemed insensitive. 

I don't think it's anything like that.  It's possible that Rhino site got ahead of themselves and it wasn't even intended to be released yet.  But I can see how some may see this as part of the "commitment" Guy mentioned to be put on "pause".  Though, I really can't see how the current tour has anything to do with selling this item.  It's not like this is going to be some huge release or they were planning to do huge promo for it.  Like the Rebel Heart Tour Vinyl, I'm sure they were just going to put it out there with not much fanfare.  Let's remember, they have to schedule months in advance to make Vinyls. 

On the other hand, It's possible that they were hoping with the tour originally to start in July, it may help drive up sales more?  Maybe they are just waiting for the tour to restart to start selling them.  :)

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

My record store was starting to take reservations for the faithful clients, that's where I got the information with release date, cover and tracklist. The press release stated that the tour would start in July 15, so it clearly was made before the accident.

Warner Italy then contacted the store to say the release was cancelled but I guess it's just postponed. I think, as Guy said, that they are putting every commitment in pause, not just the tour but also physical releases.

You should contact them and ask specifically if there  is any chance this will be available for pre-orders sometime down the line?  Or did you, and they didn't know? 

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

Hold up, cover?! What did the cover look like?

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I've seen one cover in Gomes' hands and one fancy picture disc. It doesn't sound like Enrico is talking about a picture disc, so I was curious of which cover he saw. Was it the same as the one posted by Gomes?

There have been speculation that there were going to be various editions.  One being the picture discs.  Not sure if it's really true, or those were fake.  I'm sure it's the latter though. 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

wait, when was this announced????????

It never was.  But as stated before, the OP was alerted by his local record store this was available for pre-order, but then later was told it was no long available.  I'm betting we'll see it down the line, but there obviously is some confusion when it will finally get a release.

5 minutes ago, Frozen98 said:

They should take the delay to give us what we want : bluray dvd + cd + vinyl ;) 

Well this takes time.  If they only produced a certain format, then that is what is delayed.  I agree I would love to see this concert on physical formats, but unfortunately streaming and digital dominates these days.  So I imagine the Vinyl was an exclusive limited physical item for die hard fans.